Ipswich away aug 90

Guest Gazzaswfc

Guest Gazzaswfc

What brilliant away day that was red hot day 5.000 plus owls fans remember getting crushed & Wednesday fans on the pitch when we scored in a 2-0 win . Think hirst hit bar with a pen I seem to remember was start of a memorable season yellows yellows yellows

One of the best away days ever and the best opening day away game ever for me.

Bossed the game and you just knew promotion was going to be cert and we were a class apart.

As for us fans. Awesome. In the days before all ticket I think we sold about 3k tickets before hand but with those going on the spur of the moment on that red hot day there must have been 7/8k as matthefish says. Amazing atmosphere outside pubs before and inside ground. We went on a coach from Dronfield run by a boozer called The Greyhound. Start of one of the best seasons ever. Happy days.

I seem to remember there being 10000 Wednesdayites there and 7000 Ipswich. Minds play tricks though. I remember the crush that forced a load of our lot over the perimeter fence. My mate and I were pretty crammed in that day (and a couple of weeks later at Leicester) but I think there was a massive gap behind us all where people couldn't see, so they pushed forward causing the exodus. Anybody still got the Green 'un from that day?

Great day out. "Bring on the champions" just before the team came out.

Do we remember the following week (sorry a bit of topic).........Hirsty absolutely mullering Hull on his own. 5-1 could have been 15

I remember a mate of mine had a vasectomy the day before that game. We went in the uncovered seats to give him some 'space'. The look of agony on his face every time he tried to celebrate one of the goals was a picture. :biggrin:  

When Hirsty span their centre back on the half way line and sprinted away from him and buried it (with a bit of a miss hit if truth be known) will live with me forever.

Me too. That was the goal where he ran down the sideline, right in front of us, doing the 'aeroplane'. My mate nearly collapsed. lol

Great day an a great season. Used to travel on the coach from the George & Dragon in Mosbro, good times. The Ipswich game we all ended up on their kop as away end was rammed..

From the start of the season it just felt like there was no doubt we would go up, tempting fate but this feels the same!

My first ever away game, aged 8, but still remember it like it was yesterday!

Hirsty scoring, fans on the pitch, Wednesday fans seemingly taking over two stands (behind the goal and the stand we were in to their right), then getting on a train that split in two - London and Ely - with my dad going to ask a member of staff which end of the train went where, only for the train to split - him ending up in Ely, with me, sister and mum in London!

Great day after the misery of the Forest game the season before.

I cannot recall being hotter at a football match than I was that day. Ipswich was like Dubai.

2003/04 season Swindon away opening the season was the hottest day I can remember watching Wednesday in England