Modou Sougou - Medical Monday (SIGNED - OFFICIAL)

Usual, only seen Twitter rumours saying Monday. For some reason we are doing medicals before talks this summer. I always thought it was the other way around.

We get a buy one get one free offer on medicals, plus why bother going through all the talking and negotiating for a player who is gonna fail a medical anyway. Doing the medical first is genius I tells ya

It would appear that he has a record of playing 'up to 50 mins'. What's the reason for this - is he an impact player or an injury-prone player or an he not stand a full 90 mins of football?

let's be honest - we have a number of players in the present squad who's total appearance time would push 50 mins.

It would appear that he has a record of playing 'up to 50 mins'. What's the reason for this - is he an impact player or an injury-prone player or an he not stand a full 90 mins of football?

let's be honest - we have a number of players in the present squad who's total appearance time would push 50 mins.

I don't ever really recall him being unavailable for many matches so I don't think he's injury prone, he just seems to run out of steam mid-way through matches and either get subbed off or not contributing as much as he did in the first half.

As I say, I think it's a fitness issue rather or a mental issue rather than an injury issue.

If he can get to the stage where he can play 90 minutes, he'll tear the Champ a new one. If not, we'll have to settle for a player that goes absent for half a game or has to get subbed off/on

I don't ever really recall him being unavailable for many matches so I don't think he's injury prone, he just seems to run out of steam mid-way through matches and either get subbed off or not contributing as much as he did in the first half.

As I say, I think it's a fitness issue rather or a mental issue rather than an injury issue.

If he can get to the stage where he can play 90 minutes, he'll tear the Champ a new one. If not, we'll have to settle for a player that goes absent for half a game or has to get subbed off/on

Has to be used as an impact player if what you are saying is true

He does look quality and if he can produce from the bench we are looking good

Has to be used as an impact player if what you are saying is true

He does look quality and if he can produce from the bench we are looking good

He does look great, I would disagree that he needs to be an impact player though he could play the first 50-60 minutes and then we bring the likes of Lavery on 👍

Considering you haven't been bothered to even google translate my French spiel:

I went out with a French girl for two years. Considering I'm a football fan I started supporting Nantes (her mum lived close to there and the city is beautiful, no other word for it) and watching their games, as well as other French games whenever they were on TV. This all started about 2 years ago, so even if I just count Nantes' games- that's four times I've seen him play assuming that he played in every game (I of course have no idea if he did play in all those games).

I gave one example that I've seen him play, I apologise if I can't be bothered to search out every Nantes V Evian game and see if he played, or to check the previous TV schedule to see if one of the games I've watched on TV contained Modou Sougou kicking a ball around. If you had actually bothered to read any of my other posts, you would see that I said I had seen him play "at a guestimate maybe 5 or so games?".

I find it incredible that I'm first being called a liar about watching a man play football, and then having to justify myself so someone will believe I watched a football player half a dozen times  lol

What about any of the above is so hard to believe? Is this 1984? First I'm being told what I have and haven't seen, then I'm being chastised for believing myself to be some oracle on Modou Sougou... when I was giving my opinion/ To save any confusion, I shall give my opinion, based on what I have seen, one more time in an abbreviated form:

-He currently isn't fit enough for the Championship

-When fit he'd be a very good player for us (If he can get that fit)

-He's as fast as anything

I haven't claimed to "know" anything more than the above, and having seen him play half a dozen times, I think it's fair to say that it's hardly a stretch to say that what I'm saying is a lot of supposition. 

-You've called me a liar

-You've then laughed at me for only seeing this player once (despite me saying 4 posts above you saying this that I had seen him "5" times)

And I'm the one that's meant to be looking stupid?  lol

And with that sir, I bid you Bonne nuit... vous ignorante et stupide merde  :wub:

The fact that you've had to check back to see whether a game that you watched actually featured this lad says it all.

You may also have seen him play other times, but again, you'd have to check.

I don't know about others but I personally think that having a meaningful opinion of a player's attributes comes from having paid focussed attention to their performance during a game, not from some post hoc deductive process; "I watched a game in which he apparently featured, so therefore..."

And yet you feel confident enough to write him off as a has-been and proclaim how you'll be most disappointed if we sign him. You also assert knowledge of his fitness (or lack of), and airily pronounce how he'll not be able to meet the demands of Championship football. I'd be fascinated to know how you came by this knowledge.

Like I say, you know nothing worth considering about this lad, and if the club deem him worthy of a deal then I'll trust their judgement at close quarters over yours gleaned from afar.

The fact that you've had to check back to see whether a game that you watched actually featured this lad says it all.

You may also have seen him play other times, but again, you'd have to check.

I don't know about others but I personally think that having a meaningful opinion of a player's attributes comes from having paid focussed attention to their performance during a game, not from some post hoc deductive process; "I watched a game in which he apparently featured, so therefore..."

And yet you feel confident enough to write him off as a has-been and proclaim how you'll be most disappointed if we sign him. You also assert knowledge of his fitness (or lack of), and airily pronounce how he'll not be able to meet the demands of Championship football. I'd be fascinated to know how you came by this knowledge.

Like I say, you know nothing worth considering about this lad, and if the club deem him worthy of a deal then I'll trust their judgement at close quarters over yours gleaned from afar.

Boom