Modou Sougou - Medical Monday (SIGNED - OFFICIAL)

:manager: Nah definitely think we could have a reyt good go at it, but just trying not to get too carried away though.

Me too, the braga and St mirren games have shown some good stuff going forward and matias looks absolute class

Last time I got this excited we had just signed Leon knight and Lloyd owusu. Guaranteed goals and no worries of relegation at all lol

Me too, the braga and St mirren games have shown some good stuff going forward and matias looks absolute class

Last time I got this excited we had just signed Leon knight and Lloyd owusu. Guaranteed goals and no worries of relegation at all lol

I say that I won't get too excited, but I probably will once the Bristol game gets underway. Can't help myself  :biggrin:

From the outside people see an unknown foreign manager and a few foreign attacking players. They probably assume we will bomb because of this.

I was worried about this a few months ago and whilst I'm not counting my chickens yet until we see how we do in competitive games, the new players look comfortable and better than what we've had in many a year. Manager has come across well too. He will need a steady start though.

Other people won't have seen that so it's fair to say we are under the radar!

One of our biggest problems last season was not scoring enough.  Now we have Matias, joao, Wallace, Modou and McGugan who can all score goals.  

Hunt and vermijl look like they will be adding to the goal tally.  Then hopefully more goals from Dave, Lavery, May and Bus and we will be more than alright.

I think we are being seriously underrated this year!!

Same here. Just look through our squad and experience compared to that of our opponents Bristol on Saturday. A lot of people on here seem to think Bristol are going to have a good season and be top 10 but looking at our squad on paper we should be on a different level to them. Of course it won't all go to plan and we'll go through tough patches throughout the season, but I really don't see many teams who've improved in as many areas as us this summer. Matias, Lopez and mcgugan to be stand out players in this league this season

So the longest medical in history is over? At least we checked out every inch of him by the sounds of it lol

Seems like a worthwhile signing to add quality and competition to our wide areas. Imagine they will be very important this year as we will only have one main striker, so wingers will need to score and create goals. Good pedigree and not too old, just hope he fits in well and speaking some portugese if not English would help!

With all these new players,and expense, the minimum requirement is the playoffs. We could have finished 10th with a couple of new players on top of the existing squad. The bar has been raised.

Disagree, last season's squad was poor attacking wise and Gray did well to get it where it is. Now we have a much more competitive squad to be able to challenge for the playoffs but theres plenty of strong squads around this year. Should make for an interesting season though, and hopefully one that doesn't just go through the motions at the end.