Modou Sougou - Medical Monday (SIGNED - OFFICIAL)

(1)The fact that you've had to check back to see whether a game that you watched actually featured this lad says it all.

(2)You may also have seen him play other times, but again, you'd have to check.

(3)I don't know about others but I personally think that having a meaningful opinion of a player's attributes comes from having paid focussed attention to their performance during a game, not from some post hoc deductive process; "I watched a game in which he apparently featured, so therefore..."

1. What kind of fallacy is this? Can you tell me whether Jacques Maghoma played in the home game vs Derby last season? Remember, you're not allowed to check, otherwise it "says it all" about what you know about him.

2. Can you tell me how many times you saw Jacques Maghoma play last season? Again, no checking what games he did and didn't play in! According to your rules, you should be able to tell me with a high rate of accuracy.

3. When you watch MOTD, do you pay attention to when every player plays in every game? You watch a player play several times over a season on MOTD, I wouldn't expect you to be able to name the matches- but you'd still have a bit of an idea what the player is about. It's not a post hoc deduction, it's a "I've watched the player play a few times, I have an opinion on what he's like based on the amalgamation of impressions I get of watching him". I don't have to remember every tiny facet about say Benteke's play to know he's a good player and to get a general feel for what he's about: Big, strong, not slow, tries to bully defenders. But I wouldn't know exactly what game's he's played in or how many times I've watched him over the last two years... so why do you think it's acceptable to pick apart when I can't recall every instance I've seen Sougou but no-one would bat an eyelid if you said you couldn't recall every instance you've seen Benteke either on live TV or MOTD.

I can base my opinion on Sougou the same way that you could base an opinion on Benteke's attributes: He seems to go off the boil if he's on the pitch or not. I never said he wouldn't be able to meet the demands of Championship football, I said he currently isn't fit enough, there is a MASSIVE difference. I doubt his ability to get fit enough, but I never said it was impossible.

I based my opinion that he's currently not fit enough based on what I've observed... and when I checked the stats it backed my opinion up.

Nothing post hoc about it, don't strawman me... and by your standards you shouldn't have an opinion on any football player you've only seen play a few times at all, which is ludicrous. 

1. What kind of fallacy is this? Can you tell me whether Jacques Maghoma played in the home game vs Derby last season? Remember, you're not allowed to check, otherwise it "says it all" about what you know about him.

2. Can you tell me how many times you saw Jacques Maghoma play last season? Again, no checking what games he did and didn't play in! According to your rules, you should be able to tell me with a high rate of accuracy.

3. When you watch MOTD, do you pay attention to when every player plays in every game? You watch a player play several times over a season on MOTD, I wouldn't expect you to be able to name the matches- but you'd still have a bit of an idea what the player is about. It's not a post hoc deduction, it's a "I've watched the player play a few times, I have an opinion on what he's like based on the amalgamation of impressions I get of watching him". I don't have to remember every tiny facet about say Benteke's play to know he's a good player and to get a general feel for what he's about: Big, strong, not slow, tries to bully defenders. But I wouldn't know exactly what game's he's played in or how many times I've watched him over the last two years... so why do you think it's acceptable to pick apart when I can't recall every instance I've seen Sougou but no-one would bat an eyelid if you said you couldn't recall every instance you've seen Benteke either on live TV or MOTD.

I can base my opinion on Sougou the same way that you could base an opinion on Benteke's attributes: He seems to go off the boil if he's on the pitch or not. I never said he wouldn't be able to meet the demands of Championship football, I said he currently isn't fit enough, there is a MASSIVE difference. I doubt his ability to get fit enough, but I never said it was impossible.

I based my opinion that he's currently not fit enough based on what I've observed... and when I checked the stats it backed my opinion up.

Nothing post hoc about it, don't strawman me... and by your standards you shouldn't have an opinion on any football player you've only seen play a few times at all, which is ludicrous.

If he was an over the hill, unfit has been you wouldn't remember him

If he was an over the hill, unfit has been you wouldn't remember him

lol

He was bought to Marseille for over £2 million and only played 4 games for them and has been loaned out to Evian for the last two seasons. Sorry if being completely unsuccesfull at a relatively big club for a reasonable transfer fee and being loaned out for two consecutive seasons to a smaller club makes me think he's not at his best, especially at 30.

Drogba is an over-the-hill and unfit player compared to what he was a couple of years ago- doesn't mean I still don't remember how he played last season and it definitely doesn't mean I wouldn't have him here as an awesome player, albeit used as an impact sub more than anything else.

Student owl

Would he be a good signing ?

Also where has Nixon confirmed it

*Angry, snappy response to the i-*

Wait, you're not saying I'm a liar, or that it's impossible to form an opinion after watching a player half a dozen times? Huzzah! Common sense!

Again, not saying I know all the ins and outs of him, but I'd personally be disappointed if he's the winger we bring in because I'd rather someone who will be able to play 90 minutes consistently throughout the season 35+ times, something I don't think Sougou is capable of doing (currently  :rolleyes:  ;-) )

Butto answer your question, when he played he'd be a very good and dangerous player to have, good pace and good on the ball. As long as we all got used to the idea that he'd not be the fittest player we had, he'd probably end up being something of a fans favourite... when he played he'd tear the league a new one. So I'd be disappointed, but in reality he'd be a good addition as a shock player to have

*Angry, snappy response to the i-*

Wait, you're not saying I'm a liar, or that it's impossible to form an opinion after watching a player half a dozen times? Huzzah! Common sense!

Again, not saying I know all the ins and outs of him, but I'd personally be disappointed if he's the winger we bring in because I'd rather someone who will be able to play 90 minutes consistently throughout the season 35+ times, something I don't think Sougou is capable of doing (currently :rolleyes:;-) )

But, to answer your question, when he played he'd be a very good and dangerous player to have, good pace and good on the ball. As long as we all got used to the idea that he'd not be the fittest player we had, he'd probably end up being something of a fans favourite... when he played he'd tear the league a new one. So I'd be disappointed, but in reality he'd be a good addition as a shock player to have

Sounds like Drenthe when we brought him in.

Sounds like Drenthe when we brought him in.

And he was a gamble that payed off- I'm hoping Sougou can be exactly the same. If he ends up being so then I'll be absolutely delighted- and maybe a move away from French football is exactly what he needs to become that slightly more well rounded player

I know folk don't like us being compared to the Saints but they have a similiar player in sadio Mane, him and Tadic play off Pelle a target man and their job is to run around loads and get knackered. They often only play an hour and then get replaced by Shane Long. I don't think there's anything wrong in a player only being able to play 50-60 minutes as long as they are very good

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Sounds decent then u have to think it would work perfect as Wallace is only a sort of half a gsme player too at times

Could rotate for certain games etc

Matias on other side

LAVERY to cover too

Guest Ellis Rimmer

I haven't seen this one mentioned yet ..... but I hope this fella is half as good as the last winger we signed from Marseille.

everybody keeps saying it but nobody mentions any names. was it kaven walker?