Modou Sougou - Medical Monday (SIGNED - OFFICIAL)

Apparently he has a bad eye

In English--- For his eye: When he was young he received a stone to the eye and that is why his eye looks strange. He went to Portugal and they offered treatment to fix his eye, but he refused because he could see fine and his eye did not bother him. He didn't complain about his eye. In general he is a cool and respectable man... not like Labrune

We're signing David Bowie!

I'll get mi Bowie bags outa wardrobe

Oh excellent, a foreign has-been... just what we need...

If there's any truth in this I'll be most disappointed, hasn't done anything for a few years now and he's not fit enough for the Championship 

You know f**k all tangible about this lad, and supposing otherwise is making you look stupid.

You know f**k all tangible about this lad, and supposing otherwise is making you look stupid.

lol

Désolé pour le francais, mais je suis sorti avec une fille francais pour deux ans et je parle en peus francais. Aussi, je regarde le football francais et (I don't know the verb for "support", so I'll just say) j'aime FC Nantes! J'ai regardé Modou Sougou parce que je regarde football francais, donc je sais un petit.

Sorry, who's the stupid one now? Probably me from my slaughtering of a foreign language- but long story short I've watched him play a damn sight number of times more than you so I feel like I can actually comment with some sort of conviction. 

But congrats on assuming that everyone on owlstalk has the same awareness of foreign players that you do without considering the possibility that maybe because you hadn't heard of him it doesn't mean that no-one else had 

lol

Désolé pour le francais, mais je suis sorti avec une fille francais pour deux ans et je parle en peus francais. Aussi, je regarde le football francais et (I don't know the verb for "support", so I'll just say) j'aime FC Nantes! J'ai regardé Modou Sougou parce que je regarde football francais, donc je sais un petit.

Sorry, who's the stupid one now? Probably me from my slaughtering of a foreign language- but long story short I've watched him play a damn sight number of times more than you so I feel like I can actually comment with some sort of conviction.

But congrats on assuming that everyone on owlstalk has the same awareness of foreign players that you do without considering the possibility that maybe because you hadn't heard of him it doesn't mean that no-one else had

Apologies of my ignorance of French, but when and why have you seen him? (Not having a go, just interested)

Unfortunately just streams and TV, support Nantes don't I so I've watched enough French footie on there. I'm not saying I've seen 20 appearances from the guy, but at a guestimate maybe 5 or so games?

Ahh ok, fair enough.

Definitely seen him more than me!

lol

But congrats on assuming that everyone on owlstalk has the same awareness of foreign players that you do without considering the possibility that maybe because you hadn't heard of him it doesn't mean that no-one else had 

You haven't watched him play. I know you haven't.

You haven't watched him play. I know you haven't.

Oh you're probably right.

*Checks internet*

But... hang on. I try to watch every Nantes game I can (and invariably some other French football game that comes on the box when I'm about with nowt else to watch)... and he played all 90 minutes of the Nantes V Evian game in March....

No, you're definitely right. I think I had some cataracts issue that week, so I couldn't see the part of the screen that he was standing in. 

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

You have a passing interest in French football and one team in particular and you expect your 'impression' of a footballer you've seen play once (for an opposing team) hold any weight?!

Considering you haven't been bothered to even google translate my French spiel:

I went out with a French girl for two years. Considering I'm a football fan I started supporting Nantes (her mum lived close to there and the city is beautiful, no other word for it) and watching their games, as well as other French games whenever they were on TV. This all started about 2 years ago, so even if I just count Nantes' games- that's four times I've seen him play assuming that he played in every game (I of course have no idea if he did play in all those games).

I gave one example that I've seen him play, I apologise if I can't be bothered to search out every Nantes V Evian game and see if he played, or to check the previous TV schedule to see if one of the games I've watched on TV contained Modou Sougou kicking a ball around. If you had actually bothered to read any of my other posts, you would see that I said I had seen him play "at a guestimate maybe 5 or so games?".

I find it incredible that I'm first being called a liar about watching a man play football, and then having to justify myself so someone will believe I watched a football player half a dozen times  lol

What about any of the above is so hard to believe? Is this 1984? First I'm being told what I have and haven't seen, then I'm being chastised for believing myself to be some oracle on Modou Sougou... when I was giving my opinion/ To save any confusion, I shall give my opinion, based on what I have seen, one more time in an abbreviated form:

-He currently isn't fit enough for the Championship

-When fit he'd be a very good player for us (If he can get that fit)

-He's as fast as anything

I haven't claimed to "know" anything more than the above, and having seen him play half a dozen times, I think it's fair to say that it's hardly a stretch to say that what I'm saying is a lot of supposition. 

-You've called me a liar

-You've then laughed at me for only seeing this player once (despite me saying 4 posts above you saying this that I had seen him "5" times)

And I'm the one that's meant to be looking stupid?  lol

And with that sir, I bid you Bonne nuit... vous ignorante et stupide merde  :wub:

Edited by StudentOwl

Considering you haven't been bothered to even google translate my French spiel:

I went out with a French girl for two years. Considering I'm a football fan I started supporting Nantes (her mum lived close to there and the city is beautiful, no other word for it) and watching their games, as well as other French games whenever they were on TV. This all started about 2 years ago, so even if I just count Nantes' games- that's four times I've seen him play assuming that he played in every game (I of course have no idea if he did play in all those games).

I gave one example that I've seen him play, I apologise if I can't be bothered to search out every Nantes V Evian game and see if he played, or to check the previous TV schedule to see if one of the games I've watched on TV contained Modou Sougou kicking a ball around. If you had actually bothered to read any of my other posts, you would see that I said I had seen him play "at a guestimate maybe 5 or so games?".

I find it incredible that I'm first being called a liar about watching a man play football, and then having to justify myself so someone will believe I watched a football player half a dozen times  lol

What about any of the above is so hard to believe? Is this 1984? First I'm being told what I have and haven't seen, then I'm being chastised for believing myself to be some oracle on Modou Sougou... when I was giving my opinion/ To save any confusion, I shall give my opinion, based on what I have seen, one more time in an abbreviated form:

-He currently isn't fit enough for the Championship

-When fit he'd be a very good player for us (If he can get that fit)

-He's as fast as anything

I haven't claimed to "know" anything more than the above, and having seen him play half a dozen times, I think it's fair to say that it's hardly a stretch to say that what I'm saying is a lot of supposition. 

-You've called me a liar

-You've then laughed at me for only seeing this player once (despite me saying 4 posts above you saying this that I had seen him "5" times)

And I'm the one that's meant to be looking stupid?  lol

And with that sir, I bid you Bonne nuit... vous ignorante et stupide merde  :wub:

Pics of the French lass or you're a liar...

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Now he does look a good player.

Get him signed up if there's anything in us being linked with him.

See what he put on Instagram to bus

If there's nothing in this then I'll eat my hat

Don't know anything about him but from a few mins of youtube he looks fast and with a decent finish (obviously they aren't going to show the misses though!), perhaps like a slightly refined JJ?

If this is the case he could be a good addition to the squad to rotate with Wallace. Gives us another different option up front and should fit well into our system which looks like it's going to rely on goal scoring wingers.

All the above is conjecture of course but he does have a better rating on Fifa than Antonio lol