Highlights from Alfreton

Loved how when the centre backs have the ball, the full backs have already joined the midfield

I've never understood how we always have 4 defenders back when our centre backs have the ball

Most of the top teams split their centre backs, and have them pushing out wide

This enables the full backs to push on, and a centre midfield player or two can always drop in front of the CB's to receive the ball short

We're going to be playing sexy football.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Croasdale looked comfortable in that set up. Be nice to see him get more game time pre season.

He certainly won't have done his chances any harm today, by the look of things.

This is one of the positives whenever a new manager comes in - he will look at all the existing players with a fresh pair of eyes, and he may spot something which had previously been overlooked. It may be that a player who was on the peripheries suddenly clicks in a new system, or it may be that a new manager is able to bring something out of them with a different man-management style.

I'd like to think that if a player is capable of performing for us, then it doesn't matter whether they cost £2m or have come through the academy.

Loved how when the centre backs have the ball, the full backs have already joined the midfield

I've never understood how we always have 4 defenders back when our centre backs have the ball

Most of the top teams split their centre backs, and have them pushing out wide

This enables the full backs to push on, and a centre midfield player or two can always drop in front of the CB's to receive the ball short

We're going to be playing sexy football.

That's the good bit. But for their equaliser they seemed to have the freedom of the pitch with some confused defenders trailing behind lol