So, How wide is Roeders network?

Remember this?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/sep/20/newsstory.sport6

The poor sod.

Not much compassion in this game.

Anyway. Just because he might not have been the sort of charachter to get the best out of a player, doesn't mean he hasn't the abilty to spot on.

Hope he does well. He's clearly here to stay and do a job.

Lets hope he does.

That's just wrong and shows the sick mentality of a number of football fans.

Every club has them!

That'd be up to DC.

Personally, not necessarily need all people are asking for, and there a sizeable chunk of the fanbase doing the asking, is that some small explanation on who does what within this new committee structure is put out.

Then less speculation would be happening and more objectivity amongst is the chattering classes would be seen.

My only criticism of GR has been the silence.

I think if CC has a wider network it is justifiable to ask what the purpose of GRs role is. That is balanced and of course based on zero information.

there's the same 20 people on here repeating the same thing over and over again...on Friday night I was in the Barracks full of Wednesday fans and no one was complaining about the club but just excited about what's happening...sizable chunk of the fanbase  :laugh: :laugh:

Guest totemowl

And back to my OP, in the absence of clarity from the club hierarchy, who has the wider network CC or Gr and how will they work together etc. etc.

Well, let me think for a mo...

They might work as a team.

They might share each other's networks...

Blimey, it's easy this thinking lark innit, more people should try it!

Will any of you demanding answers, walk in to work in the morning and demand to know what the managers ceo's and owners do, and what their full job entails.

Nah, you won't.

Just let the guy get on with the job he has been brought in for, just because you don't know what it is doesn't mean he can't do it to the owners satisfaction.

Be under no illusion, if he can't do it to the owners satisfaction, he will be out of a job.

Then you can pat each other on the back, or have a game of touch cocck with each other.

But if his job is not made clear to the fanbase what kind of response will there be? This - the sort of scurrilous rumourmongering and negative criticism that is now gathering momentum based on no bugger knowing hat his job is supposed to be. He's been left hanging at the moment...

The club need to deal with this by communicating far mor effectively IMHO.

And back to my OP, in the absence of clarity from the club hierarchy, who has the wider network CC or Gr and how will they work together etc. etc.

That is more a poor reflection on the fans rather than him or the club.

there's the same 20 people on here repeating the same thing over and over again...on Friday night I was in the Barracks full of Wednesday fans and no one was complaining about the club but just excited about what's happening...sizable chunk of the fanbase  :laugh: :laugh:

Hmmm.. I think history shows us that momentum is something that happens when there are long standing unanswered questions. Groundswell of opinion grows quickly when perceptions are negative or voices feel unheard/unrespected.

Something simple like a few fans asking what the purpose of one or two individuals (yes there others and not just GR as someone has pointed out already) is when it comes to player recruitment and coaching set up is in my opinion actually quite fair and reasonable. Criticism of individuals is not, without reason. I am critical of the lack of communication that we currently have. Very simple.

And yes, I think it is an exciting time for now, but until there's some clarity and a relationship with the fans built by the new regime there ate going to many spurious viewpoints doing the rounds and it isn't surprising (doesn't make it right) that the likes of GR are going to kop some flack. I just think the club are making a rod for their own back with this bad communication as I see it.

Will any of you demanding answers, walk in to work in the morning and demand to know what the managers ceo's and owners do, and what their full job entails.

Nah, you won't.

Just let the guy get on with the job he has been brought in for, just because you don't know what it is doesn't mean he can't do it to the owners satisfaction.

Be under no illusion, if he can't do it to the owners satisfaction, he will be out of a job.

Then you can pat each other on the back, or have a game of touch cocck with each other.

Actually I would ask questions of the executive in my place of work. It's called common sense.

And you think you would get an answer which you would be satisfied with?

The common sense answer would be:

It's nothing to do with you, get on with what you are supposed to be doing, and let other people get on with their own jobs.

If we confirm CC would there be a need for GR, given CC has on paper at least a far more wide reaching network of agents, coaches/managers, and players?

So you are suggesting that we might consider getting rid of GR because CC has a bigger network.

Do you know this for sure?

Could it be better to utilise both networks and hence have a bigger pool of potential targets?

My understanding is that GR's role is scouting, CC will, I guess, be more structural. So GR is the one that relies on, and use, his network.

Probably more pertinent is that CC rarely stays at a club very long. I expect him to have left by Xmas 2016. Do we then go back to GR and ask him to come back as his network is now better than anyone else's at the club?

Hmmm.. I think history shows us that momentum is something that happens when there are long standing unanswered questions. Groundswell of opinion grows quickly when perceptions are negative or voices feel unheard/unrespected.

Something simple like a few fans asking what the purpose of one or two individuals (yes there others and not just GR as someone has pointed out already) is when it comes to player recruitment and coaching set up is in my opinion actually quite fair and reasonable. Criticism of individuals is not, without reason. I am critical of the lack of communication that we currently have. Very simple.

And yes, I think it is an exciting time for now, but until there's some clarity and a relationship with the fans built by the new regime there ate going to many spurious viewpoints doing the rounds and it isn't surprising (doesn't make it right) that the likes of GR are going to kop some flack. I just think the club are making a rod for their own back with this bad communication as I see it.

You sir are a master of hyperbole. 

And you think you would get an answer which you would be satisfied with?

The common sense answer would be:

It's nothing to do with you, get on with what you are supposed to be doing, and let other people get on with their own jobs.

Depends where you work and what the business is about I suppose. What your saying, if I am correct in my interpretation, is that you are content to be a source of income through tickets and merchandise and that you have no expectations on having a legitimate voice as a fan of a club that is steeped in history at community level. Which to me says that you think fans are not as relevant as they think they are and should only chunter on about this player and that player and this ticket price etc. etc. through the insular confines of message forums or propping up the bar at their local?

Guest totemowl

Depends where you work and what the business is about I suppose. What your saying, if I am correct in my interpretation, is that you are content to be a source of income through tickets and merchandise and that you have no expectations on having a legitimate voice as a fan of a club that is steeped in history at community level. Which to me says that you think fans are not as relevant as they think they are and should only chunter on about this player and that player and this ticket price etc. etc. through the insular confines of message forums or propping up the bar at their local?

More plagiarism! That's taken straight from Monty Python's explanation of Capitalism in't it!