Statement please?

Not a dig at the club but surely the release of some form of statement highlighting where we're at regarding the football management structure at the club.

Seems like an age since Grey went and no official comment made. Not good for stability as well as the pending season looming upon us.Also what this new direction the club is taking is made up of?

I am having a dig at the club

Stop keeping us in the dark now & let us know what's happening, pre-season starts in a couple of days

for people selling seats at an event, generally you'd want good press, and advertising (free if possible)...

we're way below low key, our secret services could learn a thing or two...

the chinese, russians and yanks are in the dark over this...

we think we know the size of the job, it's a huge one, and it's seems it's an increasing one with the (what appears) new defence coming in...

this is either the best ever effort of 'keeping your cards close to your chest'...

or something far less palatable...

i'm still backing the former, but i can't say the latter doesn't appear larger, and worry me more, as every few days slip by... 

The predictable responses above but the communication coming from the club at present does nothing but fuel worry and uncertainty amongst the fan base.

I know the usual suspect will come back with the usual "what do you want them to say " and the pathetic "ooh aren't some fans needy" comments but with just a few days until preseaon and no manager/coach/head coach (whatever you want to call it) in place, I'd expect some sort of communication from the club.

Fans used to scoff at the fans forums with Paul Aldridge and Milan's up-dates in RS where he didn't really have much to say BUT as experienced football people, they understood the need to communicate with the fans.

It strikes me that DC has yet to work that out, I just hope we don't go back to the level of communication from the club that we used to get pre Lee Strafford.

Quite staggering that some of you fella's aren't interested in some form of communication from the club on the progression of things but yet post incessantly on here and jump on threads with opinions while pìssing in the dark.

lol

Edited by M Royds

Think it's not helping not having a coach as a figurehead in the press as in previous seasons. There's no-one to interview for the local press etc. Once that situation gets sorted ( I would hope this week given training starts) I think more will start being released.

Stick to the facts, we've done naff all to release a statement about. The one thing we have done, is sign some back up defender, and released a statement informing us of that.

Have you had your meds, that's quite a level headed post

Have you had your meds, that's quite a level headed post

It's true, I don't want to here some guff from the club about working frantically behind the scenes trying to sort things out. Just deliver the goods, and be judged on that

It's true, I don't want to here some guff from the club about working frantically behind the scenes trying to sort things out. Just deliver the goods, and be judged on that

You alright mate?  That's two on the trot.

Not a dig at the club but surely the release of some form of statement highlighting where we're at regarding the football management structure at the club.

Seems like an age since Grey went and no official comment made. Not good for stability as well as the pending season looming upon us.Also what this new direction the club is taking is made up of?

I totally agree and think it's very poor what's happening in regards to lack of any press announcements, all clubs when going through a transitional stage like this give out press releases so fans and the news media are kept up to date you get more news out of the KGB than out of Hillsborough at the moment and fans deserve better. 

You alright mate? That's two on the trot.

No, I'll get involved in all the twitter/newspaper speculation and stuff, it's a forum, and that's what we're here for. It's fun to second guess what we might or might not be doing, positively or negatively, but it's just forum stuff. I don't expect the club to comment on every rumour I read in the the press. I'm happy enough to just be informed, when we've actually done something tangible.

However, yes the club probably could learn a thing or two about PR, but only if they want to sell themselves to a wider market That's a different issue though

Edited by gurujuan

Quite staggering that some of you fella's aren't interested in some form of communication from the club on the progression of things but yet post incessantly on here and jump on threads with opinions while pìssing in the dark.

lol

This.

Business plan + healthy communication = happy fans.

It appears communication is in the sick bay presently.

I do think this will get sorted though at some point.

I do like the approach of do the business then talk and not feeding the journos with ***-bits, think we've needed this for some time now.

This.

I do like the approach of do the business then talk and not feeding the journos with ***-bits, think we've needed this for some time now.

Sorry I may have read that wrong but sounds a bit contradictory? Anyway I also think it's good that we're not saying anything until things are finalised.

When the committee was announced there was no leaked info until the morning, and I expect the same will be for the management team. So could easily be announced tomorrow

This.

I suppose the flip side of this is, the club can rightly be castigated for having actually achieved so little thus far. Based on facts, it's easy to reach that conclusion

Stick to the facts, we've done naff all to release a statement about. The one thing we have done, is sign some back up defender, and released a statement informing us of that.

You don't know that, it's been widely reported that CC signed a contract with the club over a week ago.

They could start by confirming or denying that for a start.

You don't know that, it's been widely reported that CC signed a contract with the club over a week ago.

They could start by confirming or denying that for a start.

I am presuming it's crap, or they would have announced it. As I see it, they have done one thing, signing a young defender, who they were happy to announce.

Sorry I may have read that wrong but sounds a bit contradictory? Anyway I also think it's good that we're not saying anything until things are finalised.

When the committee was announced there was no leaked info until the morning, and I expect the same will be for the management team. So could easily be announced tomorrow

Doing business then talking is completely different to having a wall of silence about plans and a clear vision for the club.

Don't think there is nothing wrong or am-dram about wanting some information form the club you support, buy shirts, tickets, travel to form far and wide etc. etc.