Statement please?

Doing business then talking is completely different to having a wall of silence about plans and a clear vision for the club.

Don't think there is nothing wrong or am-dram about wanting some information form the club you support, buy shirts, tickets, travel to form far and wide etc. etc.

No worries, what information do you want? They've already said their plan and vision for the future

Doing business then talking is completely different to having a wall of silence about plans and a clear vision for the club.

Don't think there is nothing wrong or am-dram about wanting some information form the club you support, buy shirts, tickets, travel to form far and wide etc. etc.

This is what I wrote, they certainly need to get a little more media savvy as far as promoting the club to a wider audience is concerned, but I don't expect them to comment on the state of play, when it comes to recruitment.

Guest Distraught!

Communication is a vital element that is missing.

Surely the club want the fan base to buy into their vision so there needs to be a degree on inclusivity. If fans are constantly kept in the dark, it will inevitably lead to bad feeling and frustration. Mandaric was the master of this and whilst it was hard to believe everything that he said, at least he realized the need to keep supporters in the loop.

It is not at all difficult to word press releases in such a way that the fan base is kept informed without disclosing a lot of information about strategy, transfer targets etc.

Surely there's somebody at the club capable of putting out a bit of positive PR?

Edited by Distraught!

Surely the club want the fan base to buy into their vision so there needs to be a degree on inclusivity. If fans are constantly kept in the dark, it will inevitably lead to bad feeling and frustration. Mandaric was the master of this and whilst it was hard to believe everything that he said, at least he realized the need to keep supporters in the loop.

It is not at all difficult to word press releases in such a way that the fan base is kept informed without discloses a lot of information about strategy, transfer targets etc.

Surely there's somebody at the club capable of putting out a bit of positive PR?

Generally yes, but not specifically about recruitment. In fact, as much as I loved old Milan, I could see straight through all that waffle he came out with We surely can do without that

If communication is a measure of the progress being made, then nobody can be happy at snail like pace of progress.

I assumed that Chansiri & co would have someone lined up to replace Gray, they're businessmen after all and they know there's a need to keep customers happy. Right now the business and the brand don't look great in terms of progress. 

There is no way any can argue that the position we are in is ideal or was planned. Ideal would have been Grays successor moving in the next day, so every day that goes by without a manager/head coach/honcho at the helm is another day away further away from th ideal. 

As fans we all want to be assured that our beloved club is in the right hands and the guys behind the scenes are doing their best. 

No news is certainly not 'good' news right now.  We all want a guy in who can bring their own players in, get them to gel before the season starts and then be ready for the start of the season. 

It is not at all difficult to word press releases in such a way that the fan base is kept informed without disclosing a lot of information about strategy, transfer targets etc.

So basically you want the club to come and say, "yes we are trying to sign defenders, midfielders and strikers from home and abroad, that we feel will improve the team to be a top 6 contender?" Genuinely not trying to be sarcastic just wondering what people want to hear.

I much rather hearing nothing than the years we had of failed signings and takeovers which was just depressing

Guest Distraught!

Generally yes, but not specifically about recruitment. In fact, as much as I loved old Milan, I could see straight through all that waffle he came out with We surely can do without that

The opposite is that the club say nothing.

Then there is a risk of drifting back to the dark "us and them" days of previous regimes. Obviously, the club are not going to publicly list all of the transfer targets nor details of the financials but they can achieve positive PR without doing that. It is not at all difficult.

I actually think Mandaric waffle is better than nothing at all because it at least shows he realized the need to keep supporters in the loop.

I am having a dig at the club

Stop keeping us in the dark now & let us know what's happening, pre-season starts in a couple of days

The season didn't end until May, the Fixture lists have been out a week, it's still only June, the Transfer market for English players doesn't open until next Wed. I believe, and no one really bothers over pre-season friendlies, which are completely unlike the real season, and you still want to know what the club is doing? 

The opposite is that the club say nothing.

Then there is a risk of drifting back to the dark "us and them" days of previous regimes. Obviously, the club are not going to publicly list all of the transfer targets nor details of the financials but they can achieve positive PR without doing that. It is not at all difficult.

I actually think Mandaric waffle is better than nothing at all because it at least shows he realized the need to keep supporters in the loop.

but it also set unreasonable expectations. In fact, the one time we heard any real sort of statement from Mr Chansiri, was his infamous, Premier League in two years statement. People are setting that statement against what's being achieved, and that is fuelling any unrest.

I would imagine that a very large percentage of our fans will only start worrying if we're not winning games when August comes around and won't be taking a great dea of notice of what's happening at the moment.

It's only those trapped inside the Owlstalk bubble that are in need of an update every 5 minutes- it reminds of someone who's got a new bird and keeps checking their phone for a text.

but it also set unreasonable expectations. In fact, the one time we heard any real sort of statement from Mr Chansiri, was his infamous, Premier League in two years statement. People are setting that statement against what's being achieved, and that is fuelling any unrest.

I think that ship has already sailed with the spend whatever it takes quote.

Guest Distraught!

There is centre ground that can be exploited.

It really does not require mountains of PR skill to achieve it. Even a half competent marketing team could write statements that keep supporters in the loop without disclosing lots of detail.

Saying nothing is as bad as going over the top with statements.

Edited by Distraught!

I am presuming it's crap, or they would have announced it. As I see it, they have done one thing, signing a young defender, who they were happy to announce.

So they could come out and rubbish it then like Milan used to about numerous takeover rumours.

There is centre ground that can be exploited.

It really does not require mountains of PR skill to achieve it. It half competent marketing team can write statements that keep supporters in the loop without disclosing lots of detail.

Saying nothing is as bad as going over the top with statements.

Yes it's a tricky one, marketing after all, is about bigging up your product, but not to the extent of inflating it so much, you simply cannot deliver. I'm happy though, for announcements to be made when things are signed and sealed. Leave all the speculation to the red tops, twitter and us on here

impatiently, until someone in the club has something positive to say.

In other words come out with a load of B******T. 

No thanks , I'd sooner wait and see what happens. We've all become news crazy. Communication is the 'in word'. Load of crap.I'll wait, albeit impatiently, until the clubhas something positive to say.