Sheffield Wednesday's Impending Appointments Should Be Embraced

nowt we can do about it, so no point worrying is my new line of view

True, but some people are being a tad sycophantic about a system we know little about.

I'm not against a modern structure but our interpretation of how a modern structure works is unclear.

I've never had Sunday dinner in Spain either

Guest ranmoor owl

Remember the scene in indiana jones and the last crusade when he makes the leap of faith across the invisible bridge? well, thats where we as wednesdayites right now, and only time will tell whether we fall to our death or find the 'enlightened path'

What a bloody brilliant article.

Every Wednesdayite should read it, and all the moaning will stop.

Everything that's happening, makes total sense. The club is moving into the present.

What is actually happening then? How does it work in practice?

Everyone's just making their own assumptions

People keep going on about the 'system' and comparing us to clubs that have done really well (Southampton) like it is a given it will work for us.

People say things like 'well the last 15 years have men shocking so it can't be any worse' but everyone knows that in the last 15 years the club has, at best, been run on a shoestring and, it could be argued, run into the ground.

Do people realise that two businesses with the exact same business / operating model can have very different success rates. It it absolutely vital, regardless of the model you use, that you have the best people in the management roles and there is nothing, in my opinion at least, to suggest we are doing that.

I, along with a few other it seems, have concerns and the spin people seem to be putting on things at the moment won't change that.

How very dare you come and here and talk sense. It's not the done thing.

Carlos has apparently already agreed personal terms yet his role is still unclear whether head coach or general manager?

Surely if you agree terms you know what your role will be ?

I think now that he does and it will be general manager 

Portugal ? - we have tenuous links other than semedo and melo, have we not been there pre season once or twice - maybe roeder has identified it as a recruitment patch and suggested an experienced Portugese manager/ coach might be useful but doubt Jose would come - Paolo Sousa maybe ?

Cooper is an uninspiring choice but how many of us wanted Gray as manager 18 months ago? 

We got to like him but he wasnt greatly inspiring and last  years offering at home was the poorest for a very long time

Maybe there is some logic ?

Good read, that.

I've avoided posting much about any of this, but have been reading the threads on here, Facebook posts, Twitter etc.

The overriding sense I get is the realisation by just how neglected and forgotten Sheffield Wednesday Football Club has been. The game has changed immeasurably since we had any sort of voice in it, and we've been left behind the curve.

Our increasingly "modern" looking approach to the running of our club might not work, but as fans we've been left woefully unprepared to accept that it might succeed.

Bottom line is this

Recruitment

Get the right staff and players then any supposed system will work

If recruitment is wrong then it will fail

It's not about emulating Saints et al - and the laughable comments about how this supposed committe system works at City and Chelsea...

It's about how our new structure manifests and we simply don't yet have a clue

Are we gonna have somebody genuinely overseeing the whole of the football side of the club - or will there be no tangible differences in the academy and development squad for eg?

And if there are overarching changes through the club it could still take many years to bear fruit

The focus always has to be on the first team and that needs to be the area for the most extensive and acute surgery

I suppose it's natural that fans are getting edgy - nothing so far speaks of the hoped-for revolution hinted at at the time of the takeover

We really can't even speculate currently because of the dearth of activity - time will tell and we've no choice but to judge the owner on his actions

Guest Fedor

People keep going on about the 'system' and comparing us to clubs that have done really well (Southampton) like it is a given it will work for us.

People say things like 'well the last 15 years have men shocking so it can't be any worse' but everyone knows that in the last 15 years the club has, at best, been run on a shoestring and, it could be argued, run into the ground.

Do people realise that two businesses with the exact same business / operating model can have very different success rates. It it absolutely vital, regardless of the model you use, that you have the best people in the management roles and there is nothing, in my opinion at least, to suggest we are doing that.

I, along with a few other it seems, have concerns and the spin people seem to be putting on things at the moment won't change that.

Exactamondo

Real end of thread.