new score board is the size correct?/

Actually its 1024 x 720 which is pretty good for something that big.

Are you sure that's not the virtual resolution?

Their website says their 60m2 screen has actual screen resolutions pixel widths of either 20mm or 16mm.    So, 10.24m wide / 0.016 = 640 pixels wide (standard VGA). Obviously at 20mm wide, it would have an actual resolution of 512x360, which is only a quarter of 1024x720

Happy to be corrected.

Pfft.

This is a screen:

post-15910-0-92848100-1432920921_thumb.j

The bit with David Ortiz's face on it.  That bit ALONE is 115.83 sq m.

Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Are you sure that's not the virtual resolution?

Their website says their 60m2 screen has actual screen resolutions pixel widths of either 20mm or 16mm.    So, 10.24m wide / 0.016 = 640 pixels wide (standard VGA). Obviously at 20mm wide, it would have an actual resolution of 512x360, which is only a quarter of 1024x720

Happy to be corrected.

You're not understanding what a virtual pixel is when it comes to large LED screens i.e.(scoreborads).  The screen resolution is 1024x720 by using virtual pixel technology.  It doesn't mean it is a virtual resolution (not real).  Virtual pixel size is what you should use not the actual pixel size. It has to do with how the separate color LEDs are distributed across the physical pixel.

You're not understanding what a virtual pixel is when it comes to large LED screens i.e.(scoreborads).  The screen resolution is 1024x720 by using virtual pixel technology.  It doesn't mean it is a virtual resolution (not real).  Virtual pixel size is what you should use not the actual pixel size. It has to do with how the separate color LEDs are distributed across the physical pixel.

You learn some reyt useful stuff on here.