new score board is the size correct?/

I think I might contact ADI to see if they'll entertain a visit from a few Wednesday fans to their HQ in Preston, to find out more about what to expect next season.

Would be good PR for them and interesting I think.

Plus I might be able to influence them to show some fishing videos at half time.

Which school did most of you guys go to? I presume it must have been of the Approved Type. As a 75-y-o, I was brought up in the steam age of Rods,Poles and Perches, and pounds and ounces, and pounds, shillings and pence, and to a certain degree still think in 'old money', but even a Pit Deputy (neither b*ll*cks nor brains as they used to say) would tell you that they carried a 10 FOOT tape, which measured 3 Metres, and that a metre measured just over a yard. This means that if the new scoreboard is to be 3.3m wide it will be just over 10 FEET wide, and not 10 metres. Just been watching the Test Match, and to give you some idea , a cricket pitch is 22YARDS from stump to stump. If you want to keep a rough estimate in your head, the distance from your nose tip to the tip of your outstreatched arm is 3 feet, or 1 yard, and a metre is near enough 40 inches

P.s. There are now 100pennies in POUND , NOT 240 AS USED TO BE..

Which school did most of you guys go to? I presume it must have been of the Approved Type. As a 75-y-o, I was brought up in the steam age of Rods,Poles and Perches, and pounds and ounces, and pounds, shillings and pence, and to a certain degree still think in 'old money', but even a Pit Deputy (neither b*ll*cks nor brains as they used to say) would tell you that they carried a 10 FOOT tape, which measured 3 Metres, and that a metre measured just over a yard. This means that if the new scoreboard is to be 3.3m wide it will be just over 10 FEET wide, and not 10 metres. Just been watching the Test Match, and to give you some idea , a cricket pitch is 22YARDS from stump to stump. If you want to keep a rough estimate in your head, the distance from your nose tip to the tip of your outstreatched arm is 3 feet, or 1 yard, and a metre is near enough 40 inches

It isn't though lol

The old planning permission documents from 2012 state that the screen would be the same width as the current scoreboard, but taller. That was quoted for 59m2, but I presume we're still working to those plans, especially after seeing the new mock-up image of it today.

Hillsborough_LED_Screen_2.png

I think I read somewhere that it will be the same width as the old one but taller. So if the old one was 20 feet (6m) wide then it will be 32 feet (10m) high.

As I said.....

Which school did most of you guys go to? I presume it must have been of the Approved Type. As a 75-y-o, I was brought up in the steam age of Rods,Poles and Perches, and pounds and ounces, and pounds, shillings and pence, and to a certain degree still think in 'old money', but even a Pit Deputy (neither b*ll*cks nor brains as they used to say) would tell you that they carried a 10 FOOT tape, which measured 3 Metres, and that a metre measured just over a yard. This means that if the new scoreboard is to be 3.3m wide it will be just over 10 FEET wide, and not 10 metres. Just been watching the Test Match, and to give you some idea , a cricket pitch is 22YARDS from stump to stump. If you want to keep a rough estimate in your head, the distance from your nose tip to the tip of your outstreatched arm is 3 feet, or 1 yard, and a metre is near enough 40 inchesP.s. There are now 100pennies in POUND , NOT 240 AS USED TO BE..

I was at school at the time decimalisation was being introduced so had to learn old and new school measurements etc. I blame Ted Heath.

But definitely up on Rods, Poles, and perches.

Remember going to the local sweet shop after the introduction of decimalisation and being allowed to spend up to 6d in old money

Jesus Christ this thread  lol

Can we just be content, that depending on precise dimensions that the screen will be approximately 60m2, or approximately 640ft2 depending on the precise nitty gritty measurements and move on? Approx 6m (20 ft) wide, approx 10m (33ft) high; full colour, HD ready, all the bells and whistles and can probably serve a cuppa at half time it's that high tech. Not 198 square feet, not 3.3 metres wide, not to be showing ISIS footage, or people with square feet, END OF THREAD 

:duntmatter:

Edited by StudentOwl

Jesus Christ this thread  lol

Can we just be content, that depending on precise dimensions that the screen will be approximately 60m2, or approximately 640ft2 depending on the precise nitty gritty measurements and move on? Approx 6m (20 ft) wide, approx 10m (33ft) high; full colour, HD ready, all the bells and whistles and can probably serve a cuppa at half time it's that high tech. Not 198 square feet, not 3.3 metres wide, not to be showing ISIS footage, or people with square feet, END OF THREAD 

:duntmatter:

Aye but what screen refresh rate has it?

Guest Distraught!

Just to add my tuppence worth, I was taught that, in terms of area, squared means height x width.

Thus, if the scoreboard is 60 square metres, two multiples for height and width must equal 60.

I have no idea of the exact dimensions but 6 metres x 10 metres seem by far and away the two most likely multiples in the equation.

I was at school at the time decimalisation was being introduced so had to learn old and new school measurements etc. I blame Ted Heath.

But definitely up on Rods, Poles, and perches.

Remember going to the local sweet shop after the introduction of decimalisation and being allowed to spend up to 6d in old money

..decimalisationnnnnnnn...decimalise...decimalisationnnnnn..Dec-i-mal...fiiiiiiiiiive...

Just to add my tuppence worth, I was taught that, in terms of area, squared means height x width.

Thus, if the scoreboard is 60 square metres, two multiples for height and width must equal 60.

I have no idea of the exact dimensions but 6 metres x 10 metres seem by far and away the two most likely multiples in the equation.

Exactly. The negative two hats are also thickos.

*hides*