Happy 80th Big Jack

Still the best manager in my time of following Wednesday for me.

He, and Bert Magee, saved this great club at a time when we could not even afford a grounds man. Together they turned the club around from a laughing stock to become one of the most feared teams out side of the top division, they gave us our club back and our pride in the club, all on a shoe string budget.

Top,Top, bloke, Happy birth day 'Big' Jack and thank you.

He, and Bert Magee, saved this great club at a time when we could not even afford a grounds man. Together they turned the club around from a laughing stock to become one of the most feared teams out side of the top division, they gave us our club back and our pride in the club, all on a shoe string budget.

You can say that again - how many managers would help clear snow from the pitch? 1979

jackarsea79-1_zpscc8a62f6.jpg

Big Jack was at the helm when I started following Wednesday, had a quick chat with him away at Oldham, told us to "Behave yourselves" and signed mi mates trainer which he'd thrown over the fencing, Jack signed it and threw it back.

World Cup winner and Top Wednesday manager, a true legend !!

Many Happy Returns Big Jack !!

You can say that again - how many managers would help clear snow from the pitch? 1979

As above, No one in my time made such an impact at Wednesday. Happy Birthday Jack.

My old chap used to go down to the ground for 1pm every home game to meet him outside the players entrance with his ticket for a fishing boat on Ladybower. 

Before my time but by all accounts, did wonders for SWFC. Why did he leave? Was he sacked? 

Happy birthday Jack, had the pleasure of meeting him and shaking his hand at the Boxing Day Reunion had tear in my eye what a fantastic bloke. We think it's been crap the last fifteen years or so but it was nothing compared to pre Jack. Can still picture him sat in the North Stand considering whether to take the job, fortunately the fans convinced him to.

My old chap used to go down to the ground for 1pm every home game to meet him outside the players entrance with his ticket for a fishing boat on Ladybower.

Before my time but by all accounts, did wonders for SWFC. Why did he leave? Was he sacked?

Took us as far as he could he said so walked away...this tells you what sort of man he is.didnt hang around to be sacked and take the money.

Met him at a ground open day(can't remember the year) remember being invited into his office with about 10 others just felt in ore of the great man,World Cup winner and turning my team around.

So friendly and a true wednesday legend...Happy Birthday Big Jack