Happy 80th Big Jack

Something I have posted before but the last time I met jack was when I walked into a McDonald's on the a1 near Lincoln and there he was burger, chips, coke reading the sun . We have had some good managers including the current one and some bad ones but jack charlton in my time watching Wednesday was the best.

Last game of the promotion season 1980. Was it Carlisle we played and drew 0-0?

Anyway we ran on the pitch at full time and clambered up the seats in the south stand.

Money

The great man came out with a massive smile on his face and shouted the words 'your the best fans in the world'.

Great memories

That photo in the yellowing Newspaper in post 1 "Promotion Special" is from that moment Mr Monkey

• Boxing Day Massacre 26th Dec 1979
  • Carlisle 0-0 Last Match Of The Season 1980
  • Burnley 5-0 win FA Cup Replay 1983
  • FA Cup Semi-Final at Highbury  1983

Those for me are my most memorable moments of the Jack Charlton Era.Happy 80th Birthday Big Jack even though it was a couple of days ago. ;-)  ;-)  

Guest Brandy Pants

Yep,happy belated 80th Big Jack,thanks for everything.

Out of interest,does anyone remember a Satdi morning programme many moons ago where Jack taught young kids the basic skills of football?.Can't remember what it was called but the kids looked terrified of him.Big Jack dint hold back on trying to get his point across.

My favorite Big jack story was the one where someone told him that one of the directors at the time had been mouthing off in his local saying how bad the team was.

Apparently Jack barged unannounced straight into a board meeting and told Bert Mcgee to step out into the corridor , where he proceeded to tell him in no uncertain terms that if he heard of this director mouthing off again he would walk away from Hillsborough..........................suffice to say it didnt happen again!!

Top man Jack , did a cracking job for us and was man enough to walk away when he knew his race was run.

• Boxing Day Massacre 26th Dec 1979
  • Carlisle 0-0 Last Match Of The Season 1980
  • Burnley 5-0 win FA Cup Replay 1983
  • FA Cup Semi-Final at Highbury  1983

Those for me are my most memorable moments of the Jack Charlton Era.Happy 80th Birthday Big Jack even though it was a couple of days ago. ;-)  ;-)  

Great memories.....

Jackie Charlton is magic,

He wears a magic hat,

And when he saw the FA Cup,

He said I'm having that

Whoooooooaaaaaa ooooooooohhhhhhhh!!