Nuihu goals

He's not going to be first choice but he's going to play a part next season. I think he'll be used to replace a front man and told to chase everything down and hold up the ball in order to hang onto leads in the final minutes of games. He's not prolific but he'll be more useful next season than people give him credit for.

He's not going to be first choice but he's going to play a part next season. I think he'll be used to replace a front man and told to chase everything down and hold up the ball in order to hang onto leads in the final minutes of games. He's not prolific but he'll be more useful next season than people give him credit for.

He already is

when he stroked the ball into the net away at man City in the cup, there wasnt the same pressure to get a result, hence clarity of thought.

but when its a league game and youve hardly won at home an the team have scored 0 again thus far, and youve missed a sitter the previous week, thats what we are seeing with his misses, and stevie Mays for that matter.

all season we never got that monkey off our back, normally a 4-0 win followed by 2 goals the next home game and your away.. we never got thru that period all season and come xmas and beyond, the strikers look like the burden was HEAVY on their shoulders.

yes we got money and yes i want new players and a new striker or two... the problem i have, is that i aint given up on the players weve got... if Nuhiu, or May for that matter, come off the bench after 60mins in august/ early sept and we are already 2-0 up, (again) - they would be different players.

with quality supply it wont surprise me one bit if they end up usurping the newbie strikers and forcing their way back in, like Semedo has done in CM

we was starved of any quality assists from out wide and CM in the early part of the season and chances were few and far - by the time drenthe/muGugan came in and we supplied, their confidence was gone. 

$natch is on the banned words on ere i think, but $natching is what the pair of them have done all season!!

Edited by GY-owl.4

Its interesting that Nuhiu has scored a fair few with his head.  

If you go by the info on here at times, you'd think he only scores with his feet and that he can't jump or head the ball.   :biggrin:

Will have a big part to play next season imo, but possibly could be used more as a squad player compared to this season as well as depending on which strikers will be joining us in the summer. .  

This thread has to be a wind up.

Move on. We have as a club. He won't even make the bench next season.

he may not do, i/we dont know whats gonna happen,

hopefully whoever we do buy up top will hit the ground running,  but footys a funny old game and as much as we want it to happen, there is no guarantee a new multi million pound hotshot is gonna score 25 goals next season to fire us up single handed, its a squad game.

all im saying is dont be surprised if the poss fringe players (nuhiu/may) devoid of the same pressure, come good when we least expect them to.

Love him or hate him he was our best striker this season.

Who knows, maybe with creative additions to the squad for next season he'll score 20+

or maybe if the little man next to him gets 20, and the defenders and wingers chip in,  12 goals for atty, with what else he brings, wouldnt seem so bad, that said, if he stops missing the ones where its easier to score, 20 is easy doable!

edit..3333th post!   night night...

Edited by GY-owl.4

Guest Johnbloodaxe

15 goals for the big lad next season. Will continue to grow into a good solid player for us.

Guest Fedor

Sorry people but the FACT Stuart Gray dropped him for the last 4 or 5 games tells you all you need to know.

I think the lack of respect he is shown on here is disgusting to be honest.

Respect is earnt an he is a Wednesday player who always gives 100% and has scored 11 with 3 assists. I fail to see his overall contribution as a negative. In his second year in English football he has shown steady progression.

He was signed to help stabilise us in the champ not as a 20 goal a season striker.

Alongside a more prolific striker with less pressure on him it wouldn't suprised me if he started to convert more of his chances.

Now we have some money, I feel like some people think they can justify slagging our players with the get out of "well he's not going to be good enough to take us up". Even if that is the case, at least show them respect for the contribution they have made towards our most comfortable finish for years.

Think Nuihu is a step up from COG who he replaced more or less but now we need another step up in player if we want to compete at the top end of the league.

I enjoyed fact that Nuihu never went missing when he got stick or engaged in those pointless twitter arguments that some players do.

Think Nuihu is a step up from COG who he replaced more or less but now we need another step up in player if we want to compete at the top end of the league.

I enjoyed fact that Nuihu never went missing when he got stick or engaged in those pointless twitter arguments that some players do.

I agree, I just feel some fans can be really disrepectful if they feel they don't like a player.

What is the obsession with this "2nd" striker nonsense? Someone who can do the donkey work and chip in with 10 goals, while the main striker bags 20. Why is that so appealing to people?

Promotion chasing teams don't play like that. Bournemouth didn't. They had 1 dynamic, lethal striker and a load of creative players around him. Watford had the choice of 3 dynamic strikers and plenty of supply. Brentford, Derby….both played with 1 dynamic striker and plenty of creative players supplying.

Blackburn have used the 2 up top with Rhodes and Gestede or Rhodes and Brown. They've scored plenty of goals, but finished mid table. You won't find a better 2 man strike force, yet they've still finished mid table. Even if we signed Rhodes, him and Nuhiu would be no more effective than Rhodes/Brown, which is Blackburn's 2nd string anyway.

451/433 is the way to go. Nuhiu doesn't work in that system. It obviously won't work every time and there'll be times we need to go 442, but we still need better than Nuhiu. He's so inconsistent and inconsistent is no good to us if we want to challenge. 

The expectation has been raised by the comments from the chairman and committee. Nuhiu has been a decent signing for us. We got him for nothing and he's helped stabilise the club in the championship, he really doesn't deserve the stick he gets, but I personally can't see anyway he can be part of a promotion chasing squad. It seems that some people are willing to accept the mediocrity of a "2nd" striker system, with someone chipping in with 10 goals a season, simply because they like Nuhiu and want to squeeze him into the squad somewhere.

Could anyone honestly see Nuhiu as part of Watford or Bournemouth's squads this season? He'd have played about 3 games for them.