Nuihu goals

I don't know how we'll go next season up front; two strikers or whatever. I do think that Nuhiu can be a useful member of a promotion chasing squad though. Probably won't be a first pick starter but can definitely be an asset for us IMO.

He can't run, can't jump, can't tackle, and traps a ball further than I can kick it. It must be where I sit but there isnt one person who rates him.

And it's fans like those mentioned who sit a ges grumbling about testicles and suck the life out the team no less.

He can't run, can't jump, can't tackle, and traps a ball further than I can kick it. It must be where I sit but there isnt one person who rates him.

Yet most of his goals were headers, he doesn't even need to jump.

Ball to his feet is where he's most effective. But with the lack of a creative midfield for the season he's been fed scraps

Blackburn have used the 2 up top with Rhodes and Gestede or Rhodes and Brown. They've scored plenty of goals, but finished mid table. You won't find a better 2 man strike force, yet they've still finished mid table. Even if we signed Rhodes, him and Nuhiu would be no more effective than Rhodes/Brown, which is Blackburn's 2nd string anyway.

I'm sure that's to do with them conceding 59 goals though.

I'm convinced that with Rhodes alongside Nuhiu we would have finished higher up considering our defence was good.

QPR managed to get promoted with the following scoring stats the season before:

FW England Charlie Austin 17 

MF England Ravel Morrison 6

MF Canada Junior Hoilett 4 

FW England Bobby Zamora 4

It's all about getting the right players alongside each other in the right system. Nuhiu surronded by better quality strikers and midfielders would be fine I think.

Its all about opinions. Many see good in him. They just dont sit near you as you say.

now maghoma has gone..  that leaves this lump as the worst player at the club...  so he scored a few goals..  so what..  terrible terrible player...    imagine a video of his misses......  hopefully, we sign enough quality players ij the summer that this guy gets nowhere near the starting 11 again...    i know football is about opinion, but wow..   if you think he has any redeeming qualities at all,  not sure what to say...  tell me what he does well ?  without saying he works hard...

It's all about getting the right players alongside each other in the right system. Nuhiu surronded by better quality strikers and midfielders would be fine I think.

I agree with the first bit here.

My issue with Nuhiu in terms of us being a promotion chasing team, is the fact that he's such an inconsistent performer. Just in general. You put him in a better team and still, for every one time he takes a ball down, produces a bit of skill and lays a great ball off, there'll be 5 times where the ball cannons off him and he hasn't got the pace or mobility to get it back. For every one time he slots one in the bottom corner, there'll be 5 times where he blazes over from 3 yards.

For Nuhiu's role in the team, you need a consistent performer if you want to challenge. You need to know the ball is going to stick 3/4 times out of every 5.

The same rules don't apply to May and Lavery as they're different types of player with different duties.

Guest laptaowl

Before the start of last season we turned down a significant offer from Derby for him , perhaps they will come back with another offer . Duel a was also interesting a team from Serie A in January . Here's hoping .

Obviously Nuhiu needs replacing eventually. Hopefully he's going to be replaced has one of our first choice strikers this summer and eventually he'll be replaced in the squad.

But let's not get all silly and ahead of ourselves here because we've got money to spend... we aren't going to go out and sign 4/5 new, quality strikers to replace all our current strikers. Do people seriously expect us too?

We will continue to develop the squad, by adding more quality. We will sign a couple of strikers (at least), who will be better players than any of our current set of strikers. But we won't replace them all in one transfer window, so therefore we will keep the ones who Gray will see has contributing next season.

And let's be honest, Nuhiu was our most effective striker last season over the course of the season.

At the end of the day, it takes time to build a squad full of quality. In the meantime we will sign players who will add quality to our first eleven, while also keeping players such as Nuhiu, Lee, Maguire, Semedo, Palmer etc., who we know are pretty solid players at this level, who will do us a job, contribute and carry on moving this football club forward.

It's not going to happen in one transfer window.

What is the obsession with this "2nd" striker nonsense? Someone who can do the donkey work and chip in with 10 goals, while the main striker bags 20. Why is that so appealing to people?

Promotion chasing teams don't play like that. Bournemouth didn't. They had 1 dynamic, lethal striker and a load of creative players around him. Watford had the choice of 3 dynamic strikers and plenty of supply. Brentford, Derby….both played with 1 dynamic striker and plenty of creative players supplying.

Blackburn have used the 2 up top with Rhodes and Gestede or Rhodes and Brown. They've scored plenty of goals, but finished mid table. You won't find a better 2 man strike force, yet they've still finished mid table. Even if we signed Rhodes, him and Nuhiu would be no more effective than Rhodes/Brown, which is Blackburn's 2nd string anyway.

451/433 is the way to go. Nuhiu doesn't work in that system. It obviously won't work every time and there'll be times we need to go 442, but we still need better than Nuhiu. He's so inconsistent and inconsistent is no good to us if we want to challenge.

The expectation has been raised by the comments from the chairman and committee. Nuhiu has been a decent signing for us. We got him for nothing and he's helped stabilise the club in the championship, he really doesn't deserve the stick he gets, but I personally can't see anyway he can be part of a promotion chasing squad. It seems that some people are willing to accept the mediocrity of a "2nd" striker system, with someone chipping in with 10 goals a season, simply because they like Nuhiu and want to squeeze him into the squad somewhere.

Could anyone honestly see Nuhiu as part of Watford or Bournemouth's squads this season? He'd have played about 3 games for them.

Bournemouth had different kinds of strikers for different scenarios. Kermogant, Jones both big units, they didn't just rely on Wilson.

If you only have one option you won't be getting promoted. We need strikers who can help us on the counter and also those who can be a handful when teams sit a bit deeper.

Edited by Bluesteel

Bournemouth had different kinds of strikers for different scenarios. Kermogant, Jones both big units, they didn't just rely on Wilson.

If you only have one option you won't be getting promoted. We need strikers who can help us on the counter and also those who can be a handful when teams sit a bit deeper.

I agree you need a variety of different options in a squad. But they need to be of a certain quality if we're talking about having a go at promotion. Not knocking the big lad, but Kenwyne is twice the player.

Players like Nuhiu can get you so far. Then you need to upgrade to take the next step.

I'd love to see us go for someone like Sam Vokes, or maybe Chris Wood. Either would do Nuhiu's job, plus a hell of a lot more imo

some corkers in there!

certainly not the most beautiful highlight videos ever produced but the goals he did score were generally tenacious efforts and some skill full and composed touches. didnt score enough but if he stays on lets get behind him, he has a target to beat for next season now. even if we get other faces in and hes on the bench, if we can dominate play then sticking nuhiu on for the last 15-20 minutes just to lurk in the box could pick us up some points.

i quite like the calculated approach to our released list, we've gone pretty wholesale but kept the core first team and anyone who comes in is surely intended to be a marked improvement. however we have to bring in a similar number as we let go so it would have been a hell of a workload just for stu and aldridge to work on bringing the new faces in, but now we have 3 new heads to put in the hours and add their experience and contacts in the game.

so hopefully come june we'll already have a few new faces in and the new threesome will be running all the errands while stu can crack on with his squad.

I agree you need a variety of different options in a squad. But they need to be of a certain quality if we're talking about having a go at promotion. Not knocking the big lad, but Kenwyne is twice the player.

Players like Nuhiu can get you so far. Then you need to upgrade to take the next step.

I'd love to see us go for someone like Sam Vokes, or maybe Chris Wood. Either would do Nuhiu's job, plus a hell of a lot more imo

So would I. With nuhiu as back up.

I just thought you were saying the big man approach wasn't needed but I think it has its uses

Nuhiu is can be quite good at bringing others into the game when the ball is played to his feet. However when he does bring them into play he cannot then turn and get into the box to become effective. So the play slows down and opposition defenders can get back into place and face outward instead of having to deal with crosses while facing their own goal.

Just to clarify, I think we need 2 strikers if we're going to challenge. I'd like to see us go with a 451/433 primarily. Which means 1 of them has to be Deeney/Wilson/Rhodes type. A dynamic striker who can do a bit of everything. Not easy to find and probably not cheap, but we've been told that promotion is the target, so that's what we'll need first and foremost imo.

2nd 1 I reckon needs to be an upgrade on Nuhiu. Someone who would allow us to play 2 up top when needed. A Vokes or Wood type who would have no problem doing Nuhiu's job and more. Even play the lone striker role when needed. Either one's capable of also scoring 20 goals.

Sell Nuhiu (who's in the last year of his contract), and go in to the season with 2 new strikers, plus May, Lavery and Bus. 1 or maybe 2 of those 3 can go out on loan

Nuhiu can be quite good at bringing others into the game when the ball is played to his feet. However when he does bring them into play he

cannot then turn and get into the box to become effective. So the play slows down and opposition defenders can get back into place and face outward instead of having to deal with crosses while facing their own goal.

tbf i take your point.

but as i read it i thought back to the Bolton home game, Stevie Mays last minute disallowed goal.

in the aftermath everyone was hammering the linesman (rightly so) and hammering Nuhiu for hitting the bar instead of scoring! - wtf!

but in the cold light of day, people should have a watch of that on you tube, sublime skill. 

Nuhiu did everything and more you say he cant, ridiculous takedown on his chest, turn, beat 2 men and hammered it onto the underside of the bar for May to head home the rebound. i say more cos he did it all himself on this occasion rather than, as you point out, lay it off to someone.

My problem with Nuhiu isnt his general play outside the box, cant really criticize that IMO.

the two things that stop him from being a really good player is the little 4 or 5 game runs he goes on where he is totally ineffective and quite poor, but the main problem is his finishing! unfortunately he seems to be one of them players of having a knack of missing those chances where its nearly easier to score than to miss... if he keeps on doing it he has no chance here going forward, or with anyone else at this level..... but if he could start putting these sitters away, (which would have given him over 20, and given us loads more points!) then hes a good squad player int he?