Nuihu goals

Decent player for our previous wage budget.

Now that we're in the money we should be looking to bring in a a top class striker.

Well yeah I agree, but my point was it woudn't harm us if he was still in the squad though.

Guest Maxine

Quite a few with his head in that collection, plus the one against Man City, even with the predicted influx of players heading this way, Nuhiu will still play a part in the squad next season imo.

I thought we were loaded now.

We can afford better.

We might be able too but my point is he will still be a good player to have within the squad, Nuhiu cost us nothing and when you look at how much Ross McCormack cost Fulham (11 MILLION!) I think they both scored the same amout of goals, 11.

Food for thought.

Guest Fedor

I agree with the first bit here.

My issue with Nuhiu in terms of us being a promotion chasing team, is the fact that he's such an inconsistent performer. Just in general. You put him in a better team and still, for every one time he takes a ball down, produces a bit of skill and lays a great ball off, there'll be 5 times where the ball cannons off him and he hasn't got the pace or mobility to get it back. For every one time he slots one in the bottom corner, there'll be 5 times where he blazes over from 3 yards.

For Nuhiu's role in the team, you need a consistent performer if you want to challenge. You need to know the ball is going to stick 3/4 times out of every 5.

The same rules don't apply to May and Lavery as they're different types of player with different duties.

Great post , the numbnuts on here cling on to that bit in bold and believe he's a good player. He had a shocking run of games that concluded in Gray dropping him for the last 4 or 5 games. A lucky scuffed goal at Watford can not paper over the cracks.

Great post , the numbnuts on here cling on to that bit in bold and believe he's a good player. He had a shocking run of games that concluded in Gray dropping him for the last 4 or 5 games. A lucky scuffed goal at Watford can not paper over the cracks.

And how did the others do when he got dropped?

I'll be the first to admit we need better, that's not just Nuhiu though, that all of them.

Guest minsk owl

My expectations are high.

mine too, ..... he'll be here next season as a squad player .......... and i reckon he'll score with a header 

Edited by minsk owl

Guest Fedor

And how did the others do when he got dropped?

I'll be the first to admit we need better, that's not just Nuhiu though, that all of them.

A win and 3 draws. And two of the draws against the top 2 sides in the division. Not too shabby as according to Georgeys stats we can't do anything unless he starts games

you only have to look at the uncanny stat that went long into the season where we hardly conceded when he was on the pitch, and conceded a few after he had been subbed, probably due to his workrate and hold up play defending from the front, 

for that reason alone he may well be worth keeping around the squad, bringing on for the last 20 mins when your winning, not cos your in need of a goal, but to see the game out. 

can he fire the goals to get us promotion next season... probably not.

could be a very handy squad player for us during a long season of ups and downs, yeah.

its not a love fest for him, but its not rocket science either. 

Guest Fedor

you only have to look at the uncanny stat that went long into the season where we hardly conceded when he was on the pitch, and conceded a few after he had been subbed, probably due to his workrate and hold up play defending from the front, 

for that reason alone he may well be worth keeping around the squad, bringing on for the last 20 mins when your winning, not cos your in need of a goal, but to see the game out. 

can he fire the goals to get us promotion next season... probably not.

could be a very handy squad player for us during a long season of ups and downs, yeah.

its not a love fest for him, but its not rocket science either. 

These aren't uncanny stats , they were Georgeys BS.

A win and 3 draws. And two of the draws against the top 2 sides in the division. Not too shabby as according to Georgeys stats we can't do anything unless he starts games

Thought we lost against Leeds myself.

Look we need better, I'm not saying lets start with him, all i'm saying is he'll be a decent squad player, he does cause defender a big problem at times with his presence you can see that, backed by a few managers this season, he's still a useful squad player even if we do spend big.