Retained list will be my decision insists Stuart Gray

Guest shakesby

Equal to a clean sheets record and probably one of our best seasons away too.

Home form needs to improve tenfold but give the guy some credit

Thank Westwood for that, not Gray.

But most would be happy with six or seven quality players, surely?

I'd say so. I'd be over the moon, i'd also be more than happy to let Gray manage them.

With Wickham and Fryatt up front Gray proved he can allow attacking players freedom to express themselves. People are forgetting that though because we have poor strikers currently on our books which May aside have been largely bought on the cheap.

Equal to a clean sheets record and probably one of our best seasons away too.

Home form needs to improve tenfold but give the guy some credit

This

Thank Westwood for that, not Gray.

Not this

Guest shakesby

Who signed him?

Gray signed him. And full credit to him for that.

But the point remains - our defence hasn't been anywhere near as solid as people have made out. Without Loovens we've positively been leaking goals. Start of the season our entire setup was to not concede goals and limit opposition chances, and guess what? Teams still created golden opportunities that were only denied by Westwoods brilliance.

Don't get me wrong. I like Palmer, I think Lees is a good player, Loovens is bloody magnificent and Mattock also half decent. But lets not exaggerate here - we've not been half as good as people have made out defensively. And that has also come at the cost of us creating next to nothing up front.

Who wants to pay £30 on the day to watch some of the dross that's been dished up this season ?  Not me for one.  I haven't got a season ticket, but watch the majority of home games. I will not watch any if Gray is in charge - unless there is a miracle and we play winning, entertaining football which I doubt will happen. I know a few others have a similar opinion to me so the smart move would be to start the clear out with Gray.

Some fans on here doubt Gray's ability to get us to the Prem inside two seasons.

It's not unreasonable to suggest the man at the top could share such thoughts if this is what fans, who have followed Wednesday all season, also think.

If that were true, he'd wish to check who else may be able to deliver against the requirement to get the club promoted in 2 seasons.

If that were also true, with limited football knowledge himself, Mr C would probably need to seek advice from those more experienced in football matters than himself.

So, who could he consult?

Guest shakesby

Some fans on here doubt Gray's ability to get us to the Prem inside two seasons.

It's not unreasonable to suggest the man at the top could share such thoughts if this is what fans, who have followed Wednesday all season, also think.

If that were true, he'd wish to check who else may be able to deliver against the requirement to get the club promoted in 2 seasons.

If that were also true, with limited football knowledge himself, Mr C would probably need to seek advice from those more experienced in football matters than himself.

Mandaric, Pearson and Roeder.

Guest totemowl

Gray signed him. And full credit to him for that.

But the point remains - our defence hasn't been anywhere near as solid as people have made out. Without Loovens we've positively been leaking goals. Start of the season our entire setup was to not concede goals and limit opposition chances, and guess what? Teams still created golden opportunities that were only denied by Westwoods brilliance.

Don't get me wrong. I like Palmer, I think Lees is a good player, Loovens is bloody magnificent and Mattock also half decent. But lets not exaggerate here - we've not been half as good as people have made out defensively. And that has also come at the cost of us creating next to nothing up front.

Ignore what people say about our defensive record. Look at the facts...

Whoaa! Most clean sheets in 40 years.

He can ring me anytime

Not sure if this is a good thing.

Gray will have favorites and might want to keep them out of sentiment and loyalty.

But are they really good enough?

Apart from Lee and the injury prone Loovens, I don't know if they are.

I honestly cant see how anybody with even just half a brain can say Gray hasnt done a good job, Somebody pasted his stats and seems hes won as many as lost with 1 of the lowest budgets in the Championship.

Thats a cracking job that deserves respect and a chance with one of the biggest budgets in the Championship.

I honestly cant see how anybody with even just half a brain can say Gray hasnt done a good job, Somebody pasted his stats and seems hes won as many as lost with 1 of the lowest budgets in the Championship.

Thats a cracking job that deserves respect and a chance with one of the biggest budgets in the Championship.

transfer-spend-since-summer-2013-expendi

Guest shakesby

Ignore what people say about our defensive record. Look at the facts...

Whoaa! Most clean sheets in 40 years.

And what do you put that down to?

The facts.

He retired from playing at the age of 34, he is 55 and managed Northampton up till being appointed wednesday manager,hardly in demand for his managerial prowess.

His managerial record consists of so so job at Northampton.

He has never won so much as a Christmas hamper let alone promotion.

He was the short term answer till Milan though he could save a few quid.

The opinion

He will not take this club to promotion.

To stick by him would be a waste of time and money.

First fact has no relevance to the discussion

Second fact is wrong - he has more experience than that.

Third fact applies to lots of managers

Fourth fact is actually an opinion - although I do agree with your opinion that he was "the cheap option", the implication that he is rubbish because he was the cheap option is flawed IMHO

Edited by shandypants