Retained list will be my decision insists Stuart Gray

Poor excuse,granted it's got worse as the season has gone but we were poo at the start of the season to,I know it's easy to forget because we have been that poor at home.

I have often argued and I still believe that the squad is made up of less than "ordinary" players.  The person mainly responsible for that is the person that set the budgets for the last few seasons.  Gray has not been able to recruit qualidee players and has removed the effect of our ordinary players by organising them into a tightly organised defensive unit. 

However, we can get rid of Gray and bring in some billy big bolloxcks self-serving narcissistic defensive "big name" egomaniac like Dave Jones who'll p!5s money around on the likes of Jay Bothroyd if you like.

There's not many good managers available at present and those that are available will not entertain us for a season or two. 

I have often argued and I still believe that the squad is made up of less than "ordinary" players.  The person mainly responsible for that is the person that set the budgets for the last few seasons.  Gray has not been able to recruit qualidee players and has removed the effect of our ordinary players by organising them into a tightly organised defensive unit. 

However, we can get rid of Gray and bring in some billy big bolloxcks self-serving narcissistic defensive "big name" egomaniac like Dave Jones who'll p!5s money around on the likes of Jay Bothroyd if you like.

There's not many good managers available at present and those that are available will not entertain us for a season or two.

Again, not sure that it's wholly accurate. Can't believe that I'm arguing against his case, but I'd say it's a bit of both. Yes he's been working under budget constraints since Milan lost interest, but I do feel he could have done a bit better with what he has had to spend.

With that in mind, I'm happier that it is now a three man process

Gray is not a manager,never has been never will be,all he's ever going to be is Milan Mandaric's cheap option,sad but true.He will take us nowhere and like others have said we will waste time and money doing so.

There is no room for sentiment and largely this season has been as bad as it gets without thankfully dropping out the league.

He had a golden chance on Saturday to put a performance in and go for it and he blow it big time,Saturday like the rest of our home games this season was a disgrace.

Again, not sure that it's wholly accurate. Can't believe that I'm arguing against his case, but I'd say it's a bit of both. Yes he's been working under budget constraints since Milan lost interest, but I do feel he could have done a bit better with what he has had to spend.

With that in mind, I'm happier that it is now a three man process

Yes.  Obviously, I shouldn't speak in absolutes but I have because everyone else tends to.  Gray is to blame to a certain extent but I think that he has been mainly doing a good job under tight constraints and unforeseen circumstances. 

But fair point. 

Yes.  Obviously, I shouldn't speak in absolutes but I have because everyone else tends to.  Gray is to blame to a certain extent but I think that he has been mainly doing a good job under tight constraints and unforeseen circumstances. 

But fair point.

I agree, on the whole, he's doing a pretty good job. It's only recently that I've started to have a few issues with his transfer dealings, but to be honest, that's the only area that I have doubts. Now he's going to get a bit of assistance with that, I'm a lot happier.

Gray is not a manager,never has been never will be,all he's ever going to be is Milan Mandaric's cheap option,sad but true.He will take us nowhere and like others have said we will waste time and money doing so.

There is no room for sentiment and largely this season has been as bad as it gets without thankfully dropping out the league.

He had a golden chance on Saturday to put a performance in and go for it and he blow it big time,Saturday like the rest of our home games this season was a disgrace.

There's no substance or reason (whether good or bad) to your argument. You're dealing in opinions and platitudes.  At least state something that I can consider and then I might come around to your opinion. 

I agree, on the whole, he's doing a pretty good job. It's only recently that I've started to have a few issues with his transfer dealings, but to be honest, that's the only area that I have doubts. Now he's going to get a bit of assistance with that, I'm a lot happier.

Absolutely.  Spot on.  I can't disagree as I feel the same. 

I think that Gray could successfully argue that there were legitimate reasons for the poor home form (i.e. the pitch).  It would be hard to argue against that.  Don't get me wrong, I don't want to watch another season of tripe but I believe the state of the pitch is justification enough to give Gray the benefit of the doubt.  If Gray is provided with the resources and after, say, 20 games we haven't improved then start to consider whether a replacement is needed, otherwise, stick with him.  The only reason for getting rid of Gray without giving him a chance is if some unbelievably talented manager becomes available.  Given that Klopp isn't beating down our door, we should stick with Gray IMO. 

The pitch didn't stop the other team.

I don't feel comfortable giving Gray the responsibly of putting a squad together that will be in the top eight by the end of September and staying there. He had a duty of entertaining the home fans and getting results this season and failed on counts.

Guest shakesby

The pitch didn't stop the other team.

Correct. It seems to me a lot of people are prepared to excuse performances this year, and Stuart, because he's a nice guy who hasn't caused any real controversy at all.

Our performances on the whole haven't been great this year. We look like finishing 14th. Our home form has been unacceptably bad. It's not been all it's cracked up to be.

Yes a season on a par with Forest....who have spent millions!%

There's no substance or reason (whether good or bad) to your argument. You're dealing in opinions and platitudes.  At least state something that I can consider and then I might come around to your opinion.

The facts.

He retired from playing at the age of 34, he is 55 and managed Northampton up till being appointed wednesday manager,hardly in demand for his managerial prowess.

His managerial record consists of so so job at Northampton.

He has never won so much as a Christmas hamper let alone promotion.

He was the short term answer till Milan though he could save a few quid.

The opinion

He will not take this club to promotion.

To stick by him would be a waste of time and money.

Guest shakesby

Yes a season on a par with Forest....who have spent millions!%

But it's been a poor season for Forest and a good one for us. So not really relevant.

he signed Westwood and Lees, last close season, he's just presided over the worst home season for a million years, but your only concern is his transfer dealings?

priceless

he signed Westwood and Lees, last close season, he's just presided over the worst home season for a million years, but your only concern is his transfer dealings?

priceless

Yep, I think there are legitimate reasons for our poor home form, and I think a few of us saw it coming when the season started. By the way, Westwood, Lees and McGugan are great examples of him getting it right

priceless

What is priceless is that fact that we have a new owner who is rich and ambitious,he has spent 30+ million on a team that has won at home 5 times all season,3 whilst he has been involved in the club since December and people honestly think this is going to be overlooked,yeah right.

I think there are going to be some suicidal people on here over the summer.

Loads of talk about being ruthless and no room for sentiment about both manager and half the squad.

I just can't picture wholesale changes at all. I think we will sign 6/7 "quality" players and build on our solid foundation. People seem to forget AP saying “My job will be to assist the chairman and to help bring the players in at the best possible value."

That to me doesn't sound like we are going to be splashing the cash.

I think there are going to be some suicidal people on here over the summer.

Loads of talk about being ruthless and no room for sentiment about both manager and half the squad.

I just can't picture wholesale changes at all. I think we will sign 6/7 "quality" players and build on our solid foundation. People seem to forget AP saying “My job will be to assist the chairman and to help bring the players in at the best possible value."

That to me doesn't sound like we are going to be splashing the cash.

But most would be happy with six or seven quality players, surely?