Retained list will be my decision insists Stuart Gray

All very true, and I hope we bring in at least two strikers proven at this level, but I would be surprised if at least one of Lavery/May/Bus don't kick on next season with the expected improvements in the team.

Yes probably My initial response was in answer to whether or not we could bring Keane back. To my mind, we need a leader of the line (loathed to use the target man tag) and someone with pace to get in behind. As Keane is really , none of those, bringing him in as well would leave us needing to shift a few out. Who though? Take your pick, none has done enough to stake a claim for a starting booth next season. If I was pushed on which two to keep, then probably Lavery and Bus, but only because I haven't seen enough to know that they won't make it.

Here's some quick interpretations

“It will be my decision,â€

I'm the manager it's all down to me.

“I will have a big say in it.â€

Oh balls I'm only a head coach not a manager... still the chairman will want my opinion.

“hopefully we can get a plan together. "

Oh crap, how on earth have I forgotten about this board thing? and how on earth haven't we spoken to each other yet?

I hope I'm not getting sacked.

escalated.gif

Edited by POWP

Guest Deleted member

Just a feeling I get based on what I perceive this Chairmans attitude is

He's not one for messing about, he wants us to move on and fast... If hes watched enough home games this season (2 is enough) he won't want us to play football like we have been

I would imagine Pearson and Roeder won't be desperate to retain him either - and that might be why they've not even met him yet.

Yes probably My initial response was in answer to whether or not we could bring Keane back. To my mind, we need a leader of the line (loathed to use the target man tag) and someone with pace to get in behind. As Keane is really , none of those, bringing him in as well would leave us needing to shift a few out. Who though? Take your pick, none has done enough to stake a claim for a starting booth next season. If I was pushed on which two to keep, then probably Lavery and Bus, but only because I haven't seen enough to know that they won't make it.

I've not seen Keane play yet, but made the assumption he is very similar to what we already have - in terms of quality and age. Would he be an upgrade on May/Lavery/Bus or would be just be adding 'another one to the collection'?

Just a feeling I get based on what I perceive this Chairmans attitude is

He's not one for messing about, he wants us to move on and fast... If hes watched enough home games this season (2 is enough) he won't want us to play football like we have been

I would imagine Pearson and Roeder won't be desperate to retain him either - and that might be why they've not even met him yet.

Lots of guessing and intuition there Nigel.  I'd have thought that a successful business person such as you normally deals in something more fact based.  Did Gray sell you some dodgy sunbed tubes or something? 

I've not seen Keane play yet, but made the assumption he is very similar to what we already have - in terms of quality and age. Would he be an upgrade on May/Lavery/Bus or would be just be adding 'another one to the collection'?

Nearest of our strikers, in my opinion is Gary Madine, but technically much better. He's the similar to May, Lavery and Bus in terms of age, and the fact he's unproven at this level. May is the enigma as far as I'm concerned. You get the feeling that he could score goals IF he was paired with the right person. He can't play the lone striker role, and he isn't strong or particularly quick, so if we could find someone who can compensate for those shortcomings to play alongside, then maybe. Lavery does have a bit of everything, but is still a long way off what is needed to be a regular at this level. 4th or 5th choice, I reckon. Bus, I know sod all about, have barely seen him and don't know what level he's achieved at.

Lots of guessing and intuition there Nigel.  I'd have thought that a successful business person such as you normally deals in something more fact based.  Did Gray sell you some dodgy sunbed tubes or something?

If your dealing in facts then he is well and truly up poo poo creek without a paddle.

Sorry Grandad.  Below the belt that one. 

Why?  Please elaborate.  I'm all ears.

We know Mr Chansiri started attending matches from December time,in that time we have won 3 matches at home and played awful,so from a financial point of view he has spent 10-12 million per home win. Do you not think this will not have gone unnoticed.

We know Mr Chansiri started attending matches from December time,in that time we have won 3 matches at home and played awful,so from a financial point of view he has spent 10-12 million per home win. Do you not think this will not have gone unnoticed.

Whilst I don't doubt that Gray will continue as part of the new triumvirate, and I'm glad about that, you can't argue that this statistic, at least puts a question mark against his future. Since December, things have been very poor indeed

Worst home form for 40 years.....

I think that Gray could successfully argue that there were legitimate reasons for the poor home form (i.e. the pitch).  It would be hard to argue against that.  Don't get me wrong, I don't want to watch another season of tripe but I believe the state of the pitch is justification enough to give Gray the benefit of the doubt.  If Gray is provided with the resources and after, say, 20 games we haven't improved then start to consider whether a replacement is needed, otherwise, stick with him.  The only reason for getting rid of Gray without giving him a chance is if some unbelievably talented manager becomes available.  Given that Klopp isn't beating down our door, we should stick with Gray IMO. 

I think that Gray could successfully argue that there were legitimate reasons for the poor home form (i.e. the pitch).  It would be hard to argue against that.  Don't get me wrong, I don't want to watch another season of tripe but I believe the state of the pitch is justification enough to give Gray the benefit of the doubt.  If Gray is provided with the resources and after, say, 20 games we haven't improved then start to consider whether a replacement is needed, otherwise, stick with him.  The only reason for getting rid of Gray without giving him a chance is if some unbelievably talented manager becomes available.  Given that Klopp isn't beating down our door, we should stick with Gray IMO.

Can't accept the pitch argument, as home form has been poor throughout. There are reason for that though, which I accept, but not sure that the pitch is to blame

Can't accept the pitch argument, as home form has been poor throughout. There are reasons for that though, which I accept, but not sure that the pitch is to blame

This is going to be yet another case of giving the manager money to spend

Then we still keep struggling to get the wins

Manager gets sacked

New manager needs time to sort his own team out

We end up lower mid table

Start again building for next season with new manager saying "judge me after a full season in charge"

I personally want Gray out now instead of messing about.