Retained list will be my decision insists Stuart Gray

I think Gray deserves a chance and I believe that he could achieve promotion with us, therefore, my opinion is that Gray should stay however, there are other good managers out there and my guess is that if Gray does leave, we should be able to recruit a really top class manager now that Roeder and (particularly) Pearson are advising Mr Chansiri.  I really don't want Gray to leave; although I reserve my right to change my mind if we are served up with mind numbing sh11tt again.   

Edited by shandypants

Guest wilyfox

Next season represents a huge opportunity for Gray and the club as a whole. If he stuffs it up, I'll be calling for Gray's head as much as the next supporter; but for now, people have itchy trigger fingers before he's done anything wrong. He's made us competent on a very limited budget. I'd be nervous to see him handed a war chest, so I'm delighted with the appointments of Roeder and Pearson. Let them get on with it, I say.

Next season represents a huge opportunity for Gray and the club as a whole. If he stuffs it up, I'll be calling for Gray's head as much as the next supporter; but for now, people have itchy trigger fingers before he's done anything wrong. He's made us competent on a very limited budget. I'd be nervous to see him handed a war chest, so I'm delighted with the appointments of Roeder and Pearson. Let them get on with it, I say.

"Amen" to that brother! 

If SG does stay then he needs to get in a quality striker coach in, John Deehan does not fit the bill.

Not sure that any of our strikers have much in terms of ability, to be coached. Need to start afresh

I wouldn't go writing the young strikers at the club off just yet.

Still plenty to come from Lavery, May and Bus I'm sure.

I think that's what we all hope, but if we aim to get to the next level, I've not seen any evidence yet that they can take us there. Ruthless, maybe, but I really don't want to go through another season without a cutting edge

Guest wilyfox

My concern with May is no evidence of improvement. The second half of his season should have been stronger than the first - but it hasn't; and he's scored fewer in his debut season than Nuhiu managed last term. He's also very similar to Lavery, so we've doubled up there. Easy to make a case in May's defence, but we used the Antonio money to fund him which adds pressure.

I am amazed at how some people can deduce what the situation is based upon a few comments made by Gray in a 9 minute interview.  This forum is ridiculous at times.

My thoughts exactly , seems to me the people who want rid of SG are trying to create a situation that isn't there

With the interview yesterday i do just genuienly think SG doesnt like jonatahan Buchan, and he wouldn't be the first local manager whos had an issue with him

My concern with May is no evidence of improvement. The second half of his season should have been stronger than the first - but it hasn't; and he's scored fewer in his debut season than Nuhiu managed last term. He's also very similar to Lavery, so we've doubled up there. Easy to make a case in May's defence, but we used the Antonio money to fund him which adds pressure.

Not really going to improve from the bench. He's started about 4 or 5 games this year

I think that's what we all hope, but if we aim to get to the next level, I've not seen any evidence yet that they can take us there. Ruthless, maybe, but I really don't want to go through another season without a cutting edge

All very true, and I hope we bring in at least two strikers proven at this level, but I would be surprised if at least one of Lavery/May/Bus don't kick on next season with the expected improvements in the team.

Sounded like lazy (at worst) or inexperienced (at best) journalism from a journalist learning his trade to me.

I thought it was pointless and unnecessary to push for answers on a Westwood extension and maguires deal when SG has gone on record previously saying all decisions will be made after the watford game and even stated it again in lasts nights interview , And then to rattle on about potentially upsetting players is bound to annoy SG

Think Buchan is a poor journalist to be honest

Guest Deleted member

I will be amazed if Gray is still in a position to choose this time next week.

Guest wilyfox

I will be amazed if Gray is still in a position to choose this time next week.

I'll be amazed if you turn out to be correct.