NEW PITCH MANIA!

A view from the back of the Kop!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The ground is looking stunning.

That blue surround makes a huge difference, along with the artificial turf down the side.  The pitch is perfect, and the screen looks like it will still be clearly visible right from the back of the Kop.

Well done Mr Chansiri, and everyone involved in all of the various ground improvements this summer.  Here's hoping that they continue to improve the stadium wherever possible in the near future.  It had been neglected for far too long.

Edited by Wath-owl

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The reason that picture looks so good is because you can't see the Presto roof. Once we get the Leppings Lane end sorted Hillsborough will be ready to make a push back up the table of the best grounds in the country.

I wonder how the Blades feel about all this renovation... Having a tidier looking stadium is the only thing they've had over us for nigh on a decade.

The reason that picture looks so good is because you can't see the Presto roof. Once we get the Leppings Lane end sorted Hillsborough will be ready to make a push back up the table of the best grounds in the country.

I wonder how the Blades feel about all this renovation... Having a tidier looking stadium is the only thing they've had over us for nigh on a decade.

I don't get this from them really. I drive past their main stand and kop every day . The main stand looks abysmal from the outside, cladded with too many signs and different angles, it looks offensive to the eye.  Their kop end is fading and in just as much in need of a paint as ours. flip knows where the deluded oinkers get the BDTBL thing from, its a dump.

Edited by clud17

That's true actually, I don't get around that area too often, but it doesn't look great from the outside. Inside though, and I've been on their home concourses, I don't think I'd have argued that they weren't looking better than us (superficially at least) in places. Bar our South stand at least.

The improvements Chansiri has been making certainly seem to be redressing that balance though.

Edited by Dan™

Our kop is in desperate need of a few quid, especially around the turnstiles and the big ramp. Looks a mess. And like others have said the away end needs tidying. TBH a bit of blue cladding on the outside and some new bulbs would make a big difference, and painting the roof.

I don't get this from them really. I drive past their main stand and kop every day . The main stand looks abysmal from the outside, cladded with too many signs and different angles, it looks offensive to the eye. Their kop end is fading and in just as much in need of a paint as ours. flip knows where the deluded oinkers get the BDTBL thing from, its a dump.

Think they are probably being ironic, like us with massive... Well hope so anyhow

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

How much nicer would this picture look without the north west corner with its stupid shape at the top and the wrong colour seats.

As a side, does anyone know why the top is that funny shape? The stand actually has a consistent curve but for some reason the boards don't go back that far?