What manager would you go for?

Don't get me wrong, I think Grey has done a good job under the circumstances, and I'd like him to stay as a coach, but if we're serious about pushing on next year, I think we need to put someone in charge whose a bit more tactically minded and experienced. Let's be honest, 16 wins out of 46 games isn't good enough for a team pushing for promotion. I don't know who I'd put in charge but who do you think would be a good shout?

There are no real outstanding names out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if we looked to the continent - I bet Boro fans wondered who Karanka was but he's taken them from mediocrity to play offs, and had a good chance of automatic until today.

Watfords manager was an unknown quantity too.

There are no real outstanding names out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if we looked to the continent - I bet Boro fans wondered who Karanka was but he's taken them from mediocrity to play offs, and had a good chance of automatic until today.Watfords manager was an unknown quantity too.

I'm pretty sure any self respecting football fan wouldn't be wondering who karanka was!!

Don't get me wrong, I think Grey has done a good job(1) under the circumstances, and I'd like him to stay as a coach (2), but if we're serious about pushing on next year, I think we need to put someone in charge whose a bit more tactically minded and experienced. Let's be honest, 16 wins out of 46 games isn't good enough for a team pushing for promotion (3). I don't know who I'd put in charge but who do you think would be a good shout?

1) Why get rid then?

2) Why would he take a demotion?

3) That's why we didn't get promotion obviously.  But with better players maybe we'd win more games.

Just not bothered...

There are no real outstanding names out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if we looked to the continent - I bet Boro fans wondered who Karanka was but he's taken them from mediocrity to play offs, and had a good chance of automatic until today.

Watfords manager was an unknown quantity too.

They(Watford) have had 36 goes at it this season though

1) Why get rid then?

2) Why would he take a demotion?

3) That's why we didn't get promotion obviously. But with better players maybe we'd win more games.

1) because like I say, under the circumstances. With little investment over the summer, we were never going up, but needed to make sure we weren't in a relegation scrap. And he managed to keep us up comfortably. But if we want to push on, I think we need someone new. Gray is too defencive and generally sets us up to knick a 1-0 and hang on (which doesn't usually work), which is what we needed this season, but next year we need to be playing more free flowing attacking football.

2) I'm not saying he will, I'd just like him to cos he's a good coach

3) better players doesn't always guaruntee good performances. It's about tactics too