Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Unsure about the guy. Looks good in the video, but he's spent his entire career playing for various teams in Ligue 2 and below doing "OK" at best, this is the first season in his career where he's scored more than 10 goals and he'll be 26 in October.

Is he really good enough? I'd consider that a "gamble" more than anything else.

Certainly a gamble. But he hasn't always been played as a striker. Spent a lot of time out wide before this season.

There's been a few good players plucked from Ligue 2. Malouda, Giroud, and more recently Knockaert and Mahrez.

Guest TomDowningSWFC

Big change round -

Sam Byram

Luke Garbutt

Lewis McGugan

Alex Mowatt

Alex Pritchard

James Wilson

English recruits another 4 from abroad.

No chance

Dele Alli? No chance he'd come here. Too far away and can easily see Prem clubs taking him if Tottingham don't call him in themselves.

You never kno they might send him to a champ side. He will have a long list of offers tho and he will get the final pick. The usual thing tho is to apply your trade in the champ for alittle bit as the football is harder than league1

Dele Alli? No chance he'd come here. Too far away and can easily see Prem clubs taking him if Tottingham don't call him in themselves.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if they decide to send him to Brentford. They must be very impressed by how they handled Alex Pritchard's loan this season. Makes sense.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Think we need

GK    If Kirky goes

LB     Hopefully Mattock gone

CB    To challenge Loovens/ Lees....hopefully young

CM    MCGUGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R/LM   3 players.  2 brillinat players and a young un.  This will make a four with Maguire.

ATT   One striker.  maybe 2 if he is gonna loan out May or Lavery (who knows)

Needs 8 players with ten leaving.

Guest wilyfox

I don't want loanees, period. Want to see us move away from that under Chansiri. One way; loan out for experience and development when appropriate.

Ye we never get southern loan players. Off the top of my head

Isgrove

Baker

Afobe

Hutchinson

Martinez

Not really the point I was making.

He'd have every championship team looking at him. Meaning he'd have the pick of the bunch. Why would he drag himself to Sheffield & live in a hotel for however many months when he could stay at home and play for Watford/Fulham/Brentford/Reading/Brighton

In fact, add MK to the list if they go up.

None of them are bad teams to learn your trade at.

If I was looking for a young creative midfielder on loan I'd look back at Nick Powell from Man United. Lewis Baker had an average few games here but I blamed the pitch and our style of play that didn't suit him. He's now proving his worth at MK Dons & he'll 100% make the step up to the championship with another club next season. I'd love that to be us.

You never kno they might send him to a champ side. He will have a long list of offers tho and he will get the final pick. The usual thing tho is to apply your trade in the champ for alittle bit as the football is harder than league1

Would love that obviously Stocksyuto!! I just can't see it happening - the conditioned pessimism of being an Owl.

It would be nice if we can get that type of promising young talent on board even on loan. 

We need to buy smart.  Buy people that are not at the peak of their value.

i.e. Gestede is a hot property at the moment and looks likely to cost about £7m in the SUmmer.

Ulloa cost Leicester £7m last Summer and has proven him to be the equal of Gestede at CHampionship level but if Leicester stop up he will probably be available for a lot less than the £7m they paid as he hasn't really taken to the PL and is now usually sub.