Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

The suggestion was that our youth coaching was 'shybo' because Floro didn't develop the way we'd hope, I was pointing out Lavery is well on his way

Neither was Floro

But we brought him into the development squad at a young age and we've developed him into a first teamer. 

^^^^^^^^^

What he said

Edited by BRUCE LEE

Guest wilyfox

We can only take so much credit for Lavery, and he hasn't made it - yet. Hopefully he will.

Gray has only been here a couple of years, and he had to teach Palmer how to head a ball. Palmer is 23 now. So, he came through our system to the age of 21+ without being taught properly. That's a disgrace.

Our academy is probably making progress since rejuvenation a couple of years ago, but it's frustrating to see the Corrys, McCabes and Floros come and go without improving their game significantly.

I'm sure the fifa brigade will know more on wages, but at 31 he'll be on limited options. A drop down a level to get regular game time might suit him, had a spell at Norwich which didn't work out so he's done it before.

Could be a solid option with bags of experience

Isn't he out of contract in summer anyway? He'll be on a massive wage

Not sure about his contract tbh, and given his health issues and the crap at Newcastle I can see him just wanting to be happy and playing football, so where else is he gonna go  :biggrin:

Guest conisbrough

Hope in next week or so we get a statement indicating some sort of timescale framework for those being released, kept on and when we are aiming to have first  recruits joining us. 

Nice to know what Roeder and Pearson are doing.

Midfielder at Swindon signed from non-league. Loves a goal & goes past opposition players so easily.

Started off as a defender too so he's quite a big lad.

Very awkward player to play against it seems from when I've watched him.

Caused Bristol City quite a few problems the other week.

Started off as a defender too so he's quite a big lad.

Very awkward player to play against it seems from when I've watched him.

Caused Bristol City quite a few problems the other week.

If we are looking at their players then we need to look at massimo Lugano Cost abit mind