Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

You serious? A big club with the financial backing necessary to get to the perm and a huge fan base, or Brentford who have had their best season in the last 80 years and struggle to get 10k a week in?

Bugger me if we can't tempt the likes of Jota (and/or others) now there really is no hope for the future!

Brentford have just had their best finish in 80 years. But Brentford's history, or lack of history, we'll mean very little to someone like Jota. 

Just like Jota won't really know Brentford's history, I doubt he'd no much about us either. He played here last week & would have seen our stadium. But will it have been that impressive, considering the country he's come from and the stadium's they have? Sure you have agents and people on our side who are meant to sell the club to the player, I'm just not convinced that we're a strong enough pull at this moment in time. Is money enough? A lot of teams have money in this league.

We're a team on the up again, sure, but Brentford have a good set up with a new stadium on the horizon. Oh, and they're in London. London is a big pull for foreign players. It's probably the only reason why Jota moved their in the first place!

He'll have plenty of premier league suitors watching him, I could see a move to somewhere like Watford if they went up.

We need quite a bit of work on the pitch. We need a hell of a lot of work off the pitch though to make us an attractive club again. We're in 2015 now, it's been ages since we were last good. We're getting a whole new generation of players and our 'history' that might have been a pull for players before just isn't going to be enough for much longer. We've got a massive stadium but it looks dreary from the outside, and it's rarely even half full.

Maybe I'm really nit picking. I'm just trying to be a bit realistic. Don't get me wrong, I'm positive that we'll get the players required to do the business next season. BUT people do need to dial down their expectations on the players coming in just a tad, and realise that it takes more than money to attract players, and more than money to get out of this league.

You serious? A big club with the financial backing necessary to get to the perm and a huge fan base, or Brentford who have had their best season in the last 80 years and struggle to get 10k a week in?

Bugger me if we can't tempt the likes of Jota (and/or others) now there really is no hope for the future!

This ^^ the clubs arent even comparable, id question the player if he wouldnt wana move to a bigger club on more money than he's on at brentford

Maybe, maybe not. When Costa's fit he plays. I doubt they'll buy a £40m bench sitter. Chelsea aren't as wasteful as Man City and Man Utd in that respect.

I agree.

Jose is more inclined to trust his younger players. But Bamford will be the first player, to my knowledge, that has come from that chelsea youth system in a long time and REALLY excelled at championship level. McEachran has floated about in this league for ages now, ditto Chalobah. Both have had good seasons but nothing amazing to suggest they're close to Chelsea level.

Bamford, rightly or wrongly, has been voted as the best player in this league this season. Jose will either take notice or he'll be loaned to a Premier League club. I suspect that he'll be looked at closely preseason. They usually do a tour of the US. 

If Boro get promoted then I'm sure he'll be loaned back to them eventually next season.

Jose has faith in youngsters that he brought in, like Zouma. Look at Ryan Bertrand, Played in the champions league final, played on and off since then, Cole left and he was sold and Jose brought Filipe Luis in as backup left back, while Bertrands had a good season at Southampton. Honestly I dont hold out much hope for Bamford getting chances

Jose has faith in youngsters that he brought in, like Zouma. Look at Ryan Bertrand, Played in the champions league final, played on and off since then, Cole left and he was sold and Jose brought Filipe Luis in as backup left back, while Bertrands had a good season at Southampton. Honestly I dont hold out much hope for Bamford getting chances

Bertrand isn't even even in the same league as Ashley Cole though. Mourinho, in my opinion, is the best manager in the world.

If he believed Bertrand had what it takes to be a Chelsea left back he'd be playing for Chelsea.

Jose has also said that he thinks the current crop of Chelsea youngsters are going to be special, ie; Loftus-Cheek, Ake, Bamford and Baker.

It's difficult to blood players through when fans have such high expectations, like Chelsea. But when the timing is right players will get their chances.

Considering Drogba is on his way out, Chelsea will be left with Costa and Remy. Can't see them spending big  bucks on a striker to just be back up to Costa. I reckon Bamford will get his chance to fight with Remy for the second choice striker. 

Oh I know about Bertrand not being first choice but as a backup, which is all Luis is. Plus theres always the issue of Costas fitness and dodgy hamstrings made of paper, which I reckon will lead Chelsea to buy another striker for a fair sum, I mean they've been linked with Cavani and Dybella so far in the last week, and while they generally get linked with everyone, they will probably buy someone.

Oh I know about Bertrand not being first choice but as a backup, which is all Luis is. Plus theres always the issue of Costas fitness and dodgy hamstrings made of paper, which I reckon will lead Chelsea to buy another striker for a fair sum, I mean they've been linked with Cavani and Dybella so far in the last week, and while they generally get linked with everyone, they will probably buy someone.

I think Jose will have a close look at Bamford in the summer during their tour of the US and subsequent other friendlies.

He might even give him a couple of appearances from the bench in the opening premier league games, gives him a chance to watch him against the big boys but still enough time to bring someone else in and loan him out if he's not quite ready.

Put it this way though. Bamford won't be back in the championship next season, regardless. Chelsea's next move will be to take Bamford to the next level. Otherwise this season has been pointless for everyone involved with Bamford's development...apart from Boro.

I think Jose will have a close look at Bamford in the summer during their tour of the US and subsequent other friendlies.

He might even give him a couple of appearances from the bench in the opening premier league games, gives him a chance to watch him against the big boys but still enough time to bring someone else in and loan him out if he's not quite ready.

Put it this way though. Bamford won't be back in the championship next season, regardless. Chelsea's next move will be to take Bamford to the next level. Otherwise this season has been pointless for everyone involved with Bamford's development...apart from Boro.

Yep, which is what we are all agreeing on, he'll be in the prem, and Connor will be in the Championship :D

Wouldn't mind us going back and taking another look at Jamie Paterson who still isn't getting that much game time at Forest, it may seem that inspiring but it's steady progress we're after. McGugan for me is a must but as others have said I really don't know what to expect, are we going to splash the cash like nobody's business, are we going to sign a load of unknowns from abroad? Heaven knows but it's going to be exciting  :biggrin:

Wouldn't mind us going back and taking another look at Jamie Paterson who still isn't getting that much game time at Forest, it may seem that inspiring but it's steady progress we're after. McGugan for me is a must but as others have said I really don't know what to expect, are we going to splash the cash like nobody's business, are we going to sign a load of unknowns from abroad? Heaven knows but it's going to be exciting  :biggrin:

I'd take Jamie Paterson in a heart beat.