Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

You think in our summer of a big turnaround we'll sign 4 players ?

Our summer 'turnaround' seems to get bigger everyday ... On OT

If you actually look at our squad & progress, without throwing the baby out with the bath water ... 

GKs - Sorted

RBs - Sorted

CBs - Dependent on Loovens, but we're only really looking for backup

LBs - Unless both BlooDielna & Mattock leave, we won't sign any

Wingers - I'd like 2 ... Dependent on Lavery & Maguire, we may initially sign 1

Mids - We don't need more than McGugan ... Semedo, Lee are good enough. Looks like Melo is too.

STs - I'd like 2 ... We may sign Keane + another

Don't mean to gave a go but these are the kind of signings we could have potentially got before the takeover. I'm hardly ever optimistic with wednesday but I'm expecting Mcgugan and then much better players coming in.

Keane wouldn't be my choice, but Gray is on record regarding Keane, since the takeover

If you actually look at our squad & progress, without throwing the baby out with the bath water ...

GKs - Sorted

RBs - Sorted

Mids - We don't need more than McGugan ... Semedo, Lee are good enough. Looks like Melo is too.

Keane wouldn't be my choice, but Gray is on record regarding Keane, since the takeover

But does Roeder have a say in it now.

He might not agree or think somebody else would be better

GKs - Sorted

RBs - Sorted

Keane is also Att Chansiri's favourite player...

This guy has been attracting a lot of interest it seems. Jonathan Kodjia

https://vimeo.com/118159003

Looks like he's got all the tools to be a success at a higher level.

Always enjoy when people post these kind of videos so cheers. Who has he been attracting interest from? It's a shame these clips can be misleading but there were some absolute quality finishes in there. Drinking the keeper like that takes a hell of a lot of composure and technique and he did it half a dozen times.

The thing that stood out for me is he was one of the most one footed players I've seen, even whilst dribbling.

Always enjoy when people post these kind of videos so cheers. Who has he been attracting interest from? It's a shame these clips can be misleading but there were some absolute quality finishes in there. Drinking the keeper like that takes a hell of a lot of composure and technique and he did it half a dozen times.

The thing that stood out for me is he was one of the most one footed players I've seen, even whilst dribbling.

Reading, West Brom and a few Ligue 1 sides apparently. Also been watched by Ajax.

Unsure about the guy. Looks good in the video, but he's spent his entire career playing for various teams in Ligue 2 and below doing "OK" at best, this is the first season in his career where he's scored more than 10 goals and he'll be 26 in October.

Is he really good enough? I'd consider that a "gamble" more than anything else.

Guest shakesby

Pace is the key for us this summer in my opinion. Sign up McGugan and Keane in on a season long, get May out on loan and ideally sell Nuhiu then bring some much needed pace in.

We have some very decent footballers. I really rate Kieran Lee and McGugan. Think they're cracking, 'proper' footballers. I also think Maguire is of a similar mould.

However the things we really lack is goalscoring and pace. Neither necessarily easily fixed, but Helan as your main outlet pace wise isn't good enough.

Needs sorting, and perfect opportunity for it with the lads out of contract.

My number one target for us this summer would be McCleary from Reading. A quality footballer with pace to burn.

Edited by shakesby

GKs - Sorted

RBs - Sorted

I think 6 in would be about right still. Maybe a couple of loanees too.

Is he an old Kodjia?

Not necessarily, but this is how I would envisage a conversation regarding him going:

"We're signing a new striker, 25 years old"

"Oh yeah... any good?"

"Well, he's scored 33 first team goals in his entire career, all at a level lower than the Championship- and we want to get to the Premier League"

"..."

"You're right, I'll get my coat"

Unsure about the guy. Looks good in the video, but he's spent his entire career playing for various teams in Ligue 2 and below doing "OK" at best, this is the first season in his career where he's scored more than 10 goals and he'll be 26 in October.

Is he really good enough? I'd consider that a "gamble" more than anything else.

Was thinking the same really. Still that 1 in a 1000 chance he turns out to be the next Drogba. Few similarities like french 2nd division and not scoring regulary till his mid twenties. I'm sure that's where the similarities end, I actually just wanted to talk about Drogba because he's amazing. In fact sod it can we just sign Drogba?