Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Agree with the consensus that Keane would be a disappointing signing, if he's the only striker we end up bringing in. Offers very little more than what we already have.

I'd like to see a Kenwyne / Grabban partnership or something similar. Combination of strength and experience with pace and power, and both likely to weigh in with goals..

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

Not a clue

So you want another injury prone mobileless player at wednesday? not the 20+ a season were looking for, lets aim higher were minted dont forget lol

Guest wilyfox

Need 4 if Maguire goes....

Maybe. His fate isn't sealed yet though - and we do still have Helan. Gray believes he can play there, even if we don't.

Maybe. His fate isn't sealed yet though - and we do still have Helan. Gray believes he can play there, even if we don't.

The fact that Gray released Mattock probably meant he is going to ide Helan as LB mostly.

But Lavery can also play out wide, so if Maguire stays, I reckon 2 quality wingers wouldbe sufficent.

Guest wilyfox

The fact that Gray released Mattock probably meant he is going to ide Helan as LB mostly.

But Lavery can also play out wide, so if Maguire stays, I reckon 2 quality wingers wouldbe sufficent.

All ifs, buts, and maybes though innit. Mattock may have paved the way for a shiny new LB to compete with Helan and Dielna.

I really hate the prospect of Lavery out wide though. He's not a winger any more than Helan is.

Guest wilyfox

BREAKING - #swfc interested in bringing Ian Harte, Danny Guthrie and Paul Anderson to Hillsborough on free transfers. #bfc #rfc #itfc

If DC is as ambitious as he says then for me Rhodes is the man we need. He is proven and guarantees you 20 goals a season. He does it year in year out. He isnt a gamble . No, he wont come cheap , but if DC wants the premier league and the vast riches it brings then he has to buy proven quality, and of all the strikers mentioned so far , Rhodes is the one who gives you a guaranteed return on your investment.  

If DC is as ambitious as he says then for me Rhodes is the man we need. He is proven and guarantees you 20 goals a season. He does it year in year out. He isnt a gamble . No, he wont come cheap , but if DC wants the premier league and the vast riches it brings then he has to buy proven quality, and of all the strikers mentioned so far , Rhodes is the one who gives you a guaranteed return on your investment.  

Just to be pedantic - Its not guaranteed Blackburn a Premier League return though!!

Just to be pedantic - Its not guaranteed Blackburn a Premier League return though!!

No, but wonder where BRFC would have been without his goals? Similarly how many of the draws at S6 last season could have been turned into wins? How many more points would we have had?

Appreciate its not guaranteed but it would be bloody nice!