Where would we be of we'd not sold Antonio?

He was pathetic in his last year for us when he was fit. No end product at all and looked dis interested. Remember his last game he stood in front of the north stand for the entire second half and didn't want the ball we just played with 10 men.

We were a better side without him, and to be honest still think we are

The real question everybody should be asking is how on earth did we manage to have our pants totally pulled down?

I for one was a big Antonio fan and I have many an argument on here with people that didn't rate him.

The one thing that everybody surely agrees on, is why on earth did we sell him so cheap???????

Antonio had proven himself to be a top League One player and he had produced good goal and assists returns for two seasons in The Championship.  He was a good age with clear potential to improve a lot more.  Yet we sell him for far less money than Peterborough get for umpteen unproven League One players.

I said at the time he was worth at least £3m and I suspect a PL club will now offer Forest £5m-£7m in the Summer.

Regardless of your opinion on Antonio, this was a terrible bit of business by Wednesday!

lets see what he does next season for forest. As others have said he was mega first season for us then his form dipped. I'm sure he would've been expecting to be playing in the Premiership next season the play off's this at the very least. He will be doing neither

Sorry George but for once I have to disagree with you here. Antonio didn't fit into our structure or the way that Gray has played all season with a tight and hard working team. There's no way we would have got all those goals and assists that he's given for Forest had he been playing for us because he'd sort of given up here. I'll hazard a guess we'd have conceded more too because of his lazy tracking back.

No worries. I just meant to pose the question really.

Admitedly I did make it a leading one by including the goals/assists; but that's what I was interested in really...

Would we have more goals and points with Antonio than May?

If the money from Antonio did fund Westwood and Lees though, it's a no brainer - we're miles better off without him.

You can't really compare like that

I mean who would have scored his 12 assists.

Attey, obviously! lol

Just because Antonio got 15 goals and 12 assists for Forest doesn't mean he would have for us.

End of story.

This

He's playing with a "better" standard of players at Forest than he would have been here

unfortunately Forest didn't have a "better" manager at the start of the season than us

I still love you though George

The real question everybody should be asking is how on earth did we manage to have our pants totally pulled down?

I for one was a big Antonio fan and I have many an argument on here with people that didn't rate him.

The one thing that everybody surely agrees on, is why on earth did we sell him so cheap???????

Antonio had proven himself to be a top League One player and he had produced good goal and assists returns for two seasons in The Championship.  He was a good age with clear potential to improve a lot more.  Yet we sell him for far less money than Peterborough get for umpteen unproven League One players.

I said at the time he was worth at least £3m and I suspect a PL club will now offer Forest £5m-£7m in the Summer.

Regardless of your opinion on Antonio, this was a terrible bit of business by Wednesday!

problem is if people didnt rate him and i know someone who hated him, they would disagree 

personally i have said several times at the time, not in hindsight,  it was a weird really cheap  sale he was our only cutting edge and imo worth more than double

I work in Nottingham part of the week and the bill boards there today say dougie pledges to keep antonio by setting a team up around him 

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Dougie-Freedman-makes-pledge-Nottingham-Forest/story-26357015-detail/story.html

- plus he is in demand and we sold him for blasted peanuts 

spilt milk now, so we move on but ironically we are looking for another antonio and i bet we pay more than 1.5mm for him

Guest tha_knows

To think Gray rates Maghoma above Antonio is seriously worrying. If it's based on work effort and offering the full back support the fair enough Antonio was average but Maghoma is absolutely awful. Atleast Antonio chipped in some vital goals and provided way more assists than that lazy swine.

I think we all know deep down that his heart was not with Sheffield Wednesday anymore. Which is a shame as I thought he came to really love it here in the promotion season and the season after. Yes its easy to look back now and say we shouldn't have sold him but when a player wants to move 9/10 he will move that's football.

Guest JackSWFCwarbs

Never liked Antonio while in championship I can only remember one good game when we beat reading 5-2 much better without him

He always gave 100%.   Best player we have had for years, just a shame we couldn't keep him.

Anyone who saw him in that game against Charlton when he got substituted before half time for directly assisting their fight back from 0-2 knows differently. He was appalling that day and clearly giving nothing like 100%. And whilst he was dynamic (if unpredictable and inconsistent) going forward he rarely put in a shift defensively. 

Maghoma is a much sh!tter version of him.

the fact is our side lacks pace,strength,goals,assist,flair & that player that gets you on the edge of your seat.

Antonio often looked a lazy idiot & lethargic but he can produce the goods.

hopefully the new lot will put together a side capable of a top 6 challenge next season.

Edited by richowl

We'd be without Westwood and Lees...?

Absobloodyexactly.

Antonio was like a younger, less mental JJ - unplayable on his day but if he was having a bad game then the team's performance suffered as a result of having to carry him. We made a profit on him and signed the best centre half we've had since Bougherra to play in front of the best keeper in the league... and we could still finish above Forest this season.

THAT goal was sumat special though - arguably the best Hillsborough moment this century?