Football league awards

Disgrace that all the players nominated for championship player of the season are strikers.

Not saying any Wednesday players should be nominated (though Westwood would be in with a shout) but there are so many midfielders/defenders/keepers that get over looked.

The 3 nominated were Murphy, Deeney & Bamford. Bamford won and he scored THREE less than Deeney and and SEVEN less than Murphy.

Where's the logic in these awards? Nominate three strikers. Give the award to the striker who's hit less than the other two. Football League logic at its finest lol

Joe Garner got League One player of the season over Dele Ali for christ sake! Ali's performances got him a move to the Premier League.

No logic.

Edited by FlyingOwl

The championship team of the season won't be announced until the 26th of April, at the PFA awards.

It's an award voted for by players rather than a panel/the public.

They vote for the PFA Player of the Year as well as the team of the year in their own league. Can't vote for players from their team though.

The championship team of the season won't be announced until the 26th of April, at the PFA awards.

They vote for the PFA Player of the Year as well as the team of the year in their own league. Can't vote for players from their team though.

I can think of a few strikers that might vote for Westwood

Surely no sense that Alli gets Young Player over Bamford. But then gets beat to League One player by Garner. But then Bamford, easily the worst of the three nominated, wins Championship player.

For me, Bamford is one of the most mardy and petulant players I've seen at Hillsborugh all season. Deeney has been a class above all season, and Murphy can't stop scoring.

Well done to Danny Mayor aswell.

My top three Nominees would have been

Troy Deeney

Matt Richie

Michail Antonio

In that order

Completely forgot about Antonio. He would've made the top 3 easy if Forest were in the top 6.

The thing that's got me with Bamford is Boro are a very good team. And without that he would've struggled to score more than 10. The award overshadows what a good team they are. People will look now and say "Oh it must be down to Karanka pulling favours and getting Bamford from Chelsea."

Completely forgot about Antonio. He would've made the top 3 easy if Forest were in the top 6.

The thing that's got me with Bamford is Boro are a very good team. And without that he would've struggled to score more than 10. The award overshadows what a good team they are. People will look now and say "Oh it must be down to Karanka pulling favours and getting Bamford from Chelsea."

Agree regarding Bamford, and Antonio must be bargain of the season. If we got offered to sign someone, a winger who'd score 15 and assist 10+ for 1.5m we'd all be saying sign him up.

Wouldn't be holding your breath for any Wednesday representation in the team of the season. Bearing in mind we had no players in the league 1 team when we finished second.