Yorkshires number one!

Guest rubydubydoo

You can either use the ceremonial boundaries and have us at number three in Yorkshire, or use the new administrative ones and find that yorkshire doesn't exist anymore as it was broken up so we're number one in South Yorkshire.

I think.

You can either use the ceremonial boundaries and have us at number three in Yorkshire, or use the new administrative ones and find that yorkshire doesn't exist anymore as it was broken up so we're number one in South Yorkshire.

I think.

We're Sheffield Wednesday, we can do what we want.

So there!

Wouldn't know mate.

I will concede your historical geographic references but when their own town websites show no reference to Yorkshire, TV coverage across all channels doesn't put them in the Yorkshire region and there is hardly any reference of them being linked to Yorkshire as far as their football team is concerned, this link to Yorkshire does appear to be outdated even if it is still technically within our boundaries.

They have a much closer association to the tyne tees area than they do to Yorkshire.

Actually the local news in the area covers down to Scarborough

Everyone in East Yorkshire gets annoyed at Humberside though I get more annoyed if someone thinks I'm from Brid or hull! Pissed me of some companies address systems say north Humberside despite it not exsisting for decades

I loved near boro for years and older folks class themselves as Yorkshire and the younger as north east

Thanks for that. I was going to ask what the people of Hull and Middlesborough actually think.

Hi People, have been amused by this thread  I'm a Boro fan and yes it is very confused up here. I'm an oldie and my birth cert says North Yorks on it so that will do for me. Most younger people since 1974 associate themselves with Teesside or Cleveland (fools) since Cleveland was abolished nothing solid has been put in place, so nobody can decide where we are.

Be proud to be a Yorkshireman  mate County champions 6 players on England duty and still win by 10 wickets.

Hi People, have been amused by this thread  I'm a Boro fan and yes it is very confused up here. I'm an oldie and my birth cert says North Yorks on it so that will do for me. Most younger people since 1974 associate themselves with Teesside or Cleveland (fools) since Cleveland was abolished nothing solid has been put in place, so nobody can decide where we are.

Keith Macklin said you're in Yorkshire.

That's good enough for me.

Cleveland it is.

I am. It's like when those daft makems call us Yorkshire bastids like it's some kind of insult, daft gits. \in my book its the highest compliment you can pay somebody.

I just wish Yorkshire still played at Aklam park, Yorkshires for all not just Leeds.

Aston and Swallowness are in Rotherham while we are at it!!!!!!!

It was a foggy morning a few weeks back but i'm sure i saw the Swallowness monster!

Unlike Dinnington which is definitely in Sheffield.

Correct! ;)

Guest WESTENDOWL

They're really not.

The M1 divides Sheffield and Rotherham in my opinion.

In Woodhouse Mill the line in the middle of the road separates Sheffield and toytown

Guest sotonowl

Boro and Hull aren't in Yorkshire.

Don't care what anyone says.

Have a look on a map

tail, hull and middlesborough have been in Yorkshire for 1000 years unless they've been moved