Stevie May

Have we ever had a striker as weak as him?

Poor display again for me last night, before you say stop knocking the lad blah blah, I'm just giving an opinion which a football forum is for. Can't hold the ball up, makes the wrong runs and doesn't hassle centre backs like Lavery and even Bus does in the brief cameos I've seen from him.

Came on against Charlton and played well I thought, was given a chance last night and did feck all. Losing faith.

The Championship has been a step to far for him and knocked his confidence.

But he still has time on his side to improve areas in his game.

Best thing would be to loan him out until christmas- preferably to a lower end champ club.

I've kept supporting him and hoping he'll come good. But in truth, he hasn't progressed one bit since he first arrived and in actual fact he's probably gone backwards. Rapidly losing faith with may. He's not strong enough or quick enough and I keep hearing about these great runs but even McGugan can't find them. Are they that great?

To add a bit of perspective, all our players have struggled to score. 

He has had a few disallowed that should have been given(both against Bolton), also a few that hit the post or missed narrowly (quite a few).

It's a confidence thing. If those chances had gone in, he would have more confidence.

(just playing devils advocate)

Edited by Beholder

Maybe so but he doesn't do enough for me in games.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we could have definitely made better use of that 800k. He's offered no more than Madine would have.

Not sure we could have used the money better personally. £800k buys you naff all these days. Take Andre gray, now I know he's been a huge success but he cost £1million from non league. It only buys you potential these days and as we all know potential can go one of two ways.

He looked good and did everything right at the start of the season.Don't know If his confidence has took a knock.

He will be a player but he may have left us before he gets a regular spot.

I'd say Lavery is ahead of him atm and if we bring someone else in during the summer he might be reduced to sub appearances for another year.He might decide to move on but that would be our loss because I can see him scoring plenty in the future.