Stevie May

I dont think hes weak. Very short on confidence though. But dont lose faith just yet. 1st season majority of the time is a struggle for strikers. People will make comparisons with other strikers that have banged them in at other clubs in their first season. But hopefully a good pre season behind him and find the net a few times in it with an early goal in the season may see him kick on.

At least we know he has it in him. Lucky thing now is we have money to bring someone else in if it doesnt work

For me on the evidence i've seen he's not quick enough,strong enough or big enough to cause problems for championship defences.I'd like him to prove me wrong but i really don't see what he's going to do improve sufficiently to succeed at this level.

Making runs?

Lavery has made more runs across defenders, behind defences & into channels in the past 2 games than Stevie May has done for the last 6 months.

And on numerous occasions he's been found, often by Lee & Buxton down the right hand side.

Lavery is a far better player at present. Quicker, stronger, makes better runs, better in the air, can hold the ball up, while also run behind or into channels. He's also a far better player technically.

May doesn't look anywhere near Championship standard at present and I'm afraid he hasn't for a large majority of the season.

Could well develop (I have doubts), but a spell in L1 next season will do him no harm.

As above. Great runs if someone can give him the right ball.

Runs aren't great because he'd be clean through if whoever has the ball could somehow magic it through to him.

Good off-the-ball movement requires the runner to read the game and anticipate when the ball can be released. He rarely gets that right.

He's like a headless chicken.

Making runs?

Lavery has made more runs across defenders, behind defences & into channels in the past 2 games than Stevie May has done for the last 6 months.

And on numerous occasions he's been found, often by Lee & Buxton down the right hand side.

Lavery is a far better player at present. Quicker, stronger, makes better runs, better in the air, can hold the ball up, while also run behind or into channels. He's also a far better player technically.

May doesn't look anywhere near Championship standard at present and I'm afraid he hasn't for a large majority of the season.

Could well develop (I have doubts), but a spell in L1 next season will do him no harm.

Nail on head

Making runs?

Opinions and all that, but stuff like this is just absolute nonsense.

If i could be arsed, I'd put a compilation together highlighting the good things May has done this season and how many times he's actually looked a genuine threat, yet suffered from a lack of service. It'd probably make a good few people look very silly.

I seriously don't know what some people actually watch when they go to games

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

A run is only a good run if the player making the run makes it visible and achievable for the player with the ball to find them. All you saying he makes good runs - it's like me saying I've split their defence with a run but my teams defending a corner.

Exactly this.

He makes himself look like an imbecile sometimes. He sets off like a puppy chasing a stick that you've only pretended to throw, then looks back all confused as to why it's not there. Erm, maybe because the ball wasn't even won when your (pony)tail started wagging, you giddy little scamp! Calm down and think before you act Stevie.

I've always thought a good run makes a good pass.

A good striker makes a run that suggests the pass, but he has to be tuned in to the passer first- and visa versa.

If the passer loses confidence in the striker, the striker has a problem. May might be making runs that the passer doesn't rate- or are impossible to execute a pass for.

So in conclusion, the right run, is the one that gets the pass. If he doesn't get on the end of anything its the wrong run. Therefore, May usually makes the wrong run.

Edited by Beholder

Maybe so but he doesn't do enough for me in games.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we could have definitely made better use of that 800k. He's offered no more than Madine would have.

He offers a hell of a lot less than madine in my opinion

Exactly this.

He makes himself look like an imbecile sometimes. He sets off like a puppy chasing a stick that you've only pretended to throw, then looks back all confused as to why it's not there. Erm, maybe because the ball wasn't even won when your (pony)tail started wagging, you giddy little scamp! Calm down and think before you act Stevie.

lol

Made me laugh. Spot on analogy though. This is what he does.