Give Zayatte a new contract

Walking hamstring problem

That's the main worry for me.

His performances have actually been pretty decent recently, and I didn't think he was ever quite as bad as people made out (not like Wednesday fans to scapegoat someone is it...).  But we're hopefully going to be in a position where we can construct a squad of players who don't struggle with persistent niggling injuries.  For him to earn a new deal, he'd have to remain fit for the rest of the season at least.  

That's the main worry for me.

His performances have actually been pretty decent recently, and I didn't think he was ever quite as bad as people made out (not like Wednesday fans to scapegoat someone is it...).  But we're hopefully going to be in a position where we can construct a squad of players who don't struggle with persistent niggling injuries.  For him to earn a new deal, he'd have to remain fit for the rest of the season at least.  

blueandwhitematt, are you blueandwhite's cousin?  :biggrin:

19 games played in two years though...

He's a decent(ish) player but I would get rid due to his injury record.

Doesn't deserve a contract.

Agreed, plus out of the 19 games he's only shown the required standard about 5 times. We've made mistakes in the past giving new contracts to players who only up their game just before their contact runs out. JJ, Coke & Prutton spring immediately to mind.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I like him to but NO WAY should he get a new contract. He is a CROCK and has only played 8 gamnes this season mainly due to injury. Think he only played about 15 times last season too. On top of that he is one of the high earners at the club, so it is an absolute NO NO from me.

At fault for the goal. Should have been sent off in the first half for the terrible challenge on Wells.

Can't pass 5 yards and has an awful first touch.

Better than most defenders we have had over the last decade but not a top level defender.

he was fouled for the goal wasn't he?

his passing is no worse than any of our other centre backs (ringing endorsement right there!)

was excellent yesterday

I agree, decent centre back to have in the squad, will always put a shift in when called upon.

Having said that, we probably still need another centre back as cover for Lees and Loovens and we should be sorted at the back.  

Has Loovens indicated he will stay?

New contract is a must imo.