Sign a f@ckin striker

If I'm the new owner of this club, would I give Stuart Gray more money for another striker? He's just been given the opportunity to bring In two new ones in Bus and Keane - who fans are now saying aren't good enough. He spent £800000 on May, another project who could well still prove good enough.

He's also brought a full back in that has played a game and a half and finds himself on the bench. Then there's the defensive midfielder who hasn't started a game yet even though our regular starter has not been able to train all week. Don't forget the promising midfield youngster who had a couple of games and then was deemed not worthy of a squad place.

Not great returns from the first shopping spree so far.

Plaudits must go to SG for the way he has made us hard to beat. But we have had a run of teams visit Hillsborough who have been there for the taking and we haven't been good enough to take the three points. This is because of the way we set up - not to lose rather than going for the win. Four or five chances a game isn't enough, Callum Wilson at Bournemouth has that on his own. Our build up play is slow and laboured, no quick one touch passing but two touches and then a side ways ball.

Until we change the way we play then whoever our strikers are, they will always be feeding on rare scraps.

Guru if i had to picture what you look like, this would be it

A 50 year old man with a beard running around

your bedroom in a wizard outfit holding a wand, playing fantasy games on your pc whilst typing testicles on here.

whilst looking across at your windowsill full of wwe figures

Grow up.

Well he could have gone and got an established Championship striker but we got Bus instead and Will Keane who'd never scored in his career.

Not saying Bus won't be good but jesus christ... we need goals and a winger or striker to provide them. We haven't got either but have got 10000 midfielders and defenders...

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Calm...

:mad::angry:

Who did he choose not to sign?

Plus the highlighted clearly shows your memory aint the greatest you are not sure about which game and im sure you are embellishing the 4 one on ones but lets not go there

I think the only thing established on this thread is that you are a complete two hat.

Lets agree he only missed 3 one on ones in one half against wolves. You seem to think that is fine and the midfield should create more chances for him. I don't.

Also you made up that somewhere i said we create loads of chances when what i said is that it is a hard league to create loads of chances in and that makes it more important you take them when they come along.

Chris Wood, Jamie Vardy, Sam Vokes all reachable targets and proven at this level.

Forget developing youth players from other teams that are gone in 3 months, sign a permanent striker that we know can thrive in the Champ.

Chris Wood is still only 23 and can rip this division a new hole.

Guest uptheowls_wtid

When is everyone going to realise, it's not strikers we're desperate for, it's wingers! You all may think I'm deluded as strikers are judged on goals scored, and lets face it, the stats don't lie. We haven't scored a goal at Hillsborough in open play since the Wigan game on the 29th November. Again, I'm opening myself up for major criticism, but I believe we have enough in our current arsenal and it'll only be a matter of time before we start banging the goals in.

I don't think we're creating enough clear cut chances, and for me, that's where the wingers come in. Maguire is not an out and out winger, Maghoma is just not good enough and Helan needs more competition. It's also debatable wheter Helan is a better wing back. We need to bring exciting football back to Hillsborough and a few quality wingers will do this, as well as create more chances. Gray also needs to change his defensive philosophy and as the old saying goes, attack is the best form of defence. It's no good running down the wing and crossing the ball into an empty box. Let's commit a few more players into the final third!

We're a little low on confidence and luck at the minute. We need to carry on supporting the team, so back off all you boo boys! With a few exciting pacy wingers and a slight change in philosophy, the team can be transformed into promotion chasers. And no, I'm not going to get carried away by the new takeover, there's still a lot of hard work to be done!

When is everyone going to realise, it's not strikers we're desperate for, it's wingers! You all may think I'm deluded as strikers are judged on goals scored, and lets face it, the stats don't lie. We haven't scored a goal at Hillsborough in open play since the Wigan game on the 29th November. Again, I'm opening myself up for major criticism, but I believe we have enough in our current arsenal and it'll only be a matter of time before we start banging the goals in.

I don't think we're creating enough clear cut chances, and for me, that's where the wingers come in. Maguire is not an out and out winger, Maghoma is just not good enough and Helan needs more competition. It's also debatable wheter Helan is a better wing back. We need to bring exciting football back to Hillsborough and a few quality wingers will do this, as well as create more chances. Gray also needs to change his defensive philosophy and as the old saying goes, attack is the best form of defence. It's no good running down the wing and crossing the ball into an empty box. Let's commit a few more players into the final third!

We're a little low on confidence and luck at the minute. We need to carry on supporting the team, so back off all you boo boys! With a few exciting pacy wingers and a slight change in philosophy, the team can be transformed into promotion chasers. And no, I'm not going to get carried away by the new takeover, there's still a lot of hard work to be done!

While I agree, we do need a winger, there is a flaw in your argument. We had a winger, a very good one, in fact we're unlikely to find a better quality wide man than Drenthe. We also had McGugan supplying the bullets from midfield, but with the same results. Our strikers are lame and their profligacy is the main reason we are struggling. If we get a decent striker, people will see how inadequate our current strikers are. Quite frankly, it's embarrassing reading the constant stream of excuses people make for them

While I agree, we do need a winger, there is a flaw in your argument. We had a winger, a very good one, in fact we're unlikely to find a better quality wide man than Drenthe. We also had McGugan supplying the bullets from midfield, but with the same results. Our strikers are lame and their profligacy is the main reason we are struggling. If we get a decent striker, people will see how inadequate our current strikers are. Quite frankly, it's embarrassing reading the constant stream of excuses people make for them

if drenthe is the best option we could've had, I don't blame gray for not bringing anyone in.

You are conveniently leaving out that we've already been told a winger turned us down, and I can think of three occasions where gray confirmed we'd had requests and bids turned down for attackers. The work is being put in to address it.

Let's also not forget, grays been shopping in the freebies and bargain bins for much of the season. I'm hoping his meeting with the owners was about targets he had asked for but couldn't afford. The new owners will need to understand getting to the Premier league means investment, in squad and facilities.

if drenthe is the best option we could've had, I don't blame gray for not bringing anyone in.

You are conveniently leaving out that we've already been told a winger turned us down, and I can think of three occasions where gray confirmed we'd had requests and bids turned down for attackers. The work is being put in to address it.

Let's also not forget, grays been shopping in the freebies and bargain bins for much of the season. I'm hoping his meeting with the owners was about targets he had asked for but couldn't afford. The new owners will need to understand getting to the Premier league means investment, in squad and facilities.

I'm not forgetting that at all, I know we are after a winger, and I agree that we need to bring one in. I hope we are still after a striker, we damn well should be. Odd that you seem not to rate Drenthe, who at least did his job while he was here, which is more than can be said for any of our strikers.

I think the only thing established on this thread is that you are a complete two hat.

Lets agree he only missed 3 one on ones in one half against wolves. You seem to think that is fine and the midfield should create more chances for him. I don't.

Also you made up that somewhere i said we create loads of chances when what i said is that it is a hard league to create loads of chances in and that makes it more important you take them when they come along.

Look fella this isn't a dig at you personally its just the same retoric poo poo our fans throw against our forwards saying they miss loads of chances, you said 4 one on ones i think you are wrong you said he misses loads of chances, again i think you are wrong, if you can find me the stats that say he is missing loads then i will debate it with you but the fact is you will not find the stats to back up your arguments.

Your comment about him missing loads of chances is earlier in this thread you actually said he has missed loads of chances.

I went through stats for high goalscoring players and teams last season to prove the same point as i am now and the top strikers goal to chance ratio is low, hence even top strikers getting more chances to be able to convert goals.

I maybe a two hat but on this subject i am 100% right

Edited by kidc77

Guest wilyfox

Nottingham Forest, Ipswich, Wigan & Wolves all want to take Leicester striker Chris Wood on loan. (Daily Mirror) #nffc #itfc #wafc #wwfc

Do we not want him now or summat? :duntmatter:

Forest also after Appiah Palace, and Akpom Arsenal, but not heard of us being linked with anyone though. Incidentally, old Owlstalk favourite David Norris has signed for Peterborough. Some will be gutted by this news, I know, but he's probably found his level

I'm not forgetting that at all, I know we are after a winger, and I agree that we need to bring one in. I hope we are still after a striker, we damn well should be. Odd that you seem not to rate Drenthe, who at least did his job while he was here, which is more than can be said for any of our strikers.

No end product, wildly erratic, like a slightly more aggressive JJ without the same number of shots. Wasn't the answer.

Nuhiu does a job. Bus and lavery haven't had chance yet, may disappoints me, Madine needed to be moved on. Thought Keane was reasonable but not overly convinced he's going to score goals (and now out injured).

Defo need a striker, but we've only just got someone willing to pay for one. Wouldn't be surprised if we kept our powder dry til summer. Seasons effectively over