Sign a f@ckin striker

Gray admitted Varney was in his thoughts when questioned by Radio Sheffield.

Forest rejected us, not Paterson. As I wrote in another post on this page, Forest are reportedly chasing Grealish & Powell; should either arrive, that might free up Paterson. They also need to cover the loss of Assombalonga, with their embargo only partially lifted - so they may have to let out to bring in.

Gnabry is now fit but needs games for sharpness. With Sanchez, Walcott & Chamberlain all very similar, do you think he'll get the necessary game time there this season? His season would be a write-off, when it needn't be.

Sordell has only started 2 league games for Burnley. He's also struggled to make their bench following Vokes' return from injury. He's 5th choice striker there at the moment.

Hoilett was in the champ with QPR last season. So to say he wouldn't drop down without a direct quote form the player himself, means nothing. His proposed move to Germany collapsed before the deadline. Chris Ramsey has dropped him from their matchday squads. He's rotting there; a loan here could get him going again, rather than sitting on his arse out of favour.

Why did Stanislas reject a new deal at Burnley last summer? Game time. What's he not getting at Bournemouth? Game time. 6 league starts won't satisfy a player motivated to play.

I missed the Varney quote, would be a bit non plussed with this if true.

I heard Paterson declined the move, possibly forest rejected one of the moves. Still, new manager might want to play him, may want rid. Will need to wait and see.

Gnabry will absolutely need to go out to get game time. I'd be surprised if it was to us quite frankly.

Sordell could be a target, but I'm still expecting Burnley to keep everyone there for a relegation battle.

I agree with the Stanislas comments in principle, but again, given the option to of being in a premiership promotion team, or us, who would you pick?

Guest wilyfox

I agree with the Stanislas comments in principle, but again, given the option to of being in a premiership promotion team, or us, who would you pick?

But he's not in a premiership promotion team - that's my point. 6 starts in 31 games. Half of the 25 he didn't start, wasn't on the bench either. I've kept tabs simply because I feel we could make good use of him.

Guest Sheff Owl

And why have non of these players moved since the transfer window closed?

Why hasn't there been any quality striker/winger loan moves since the window closed?

Most teams need/are looking for a striker aren't they?

Might actually tell people something!!

And why have non of these players moved since the transfer window closed?

Why hasn't there been any quality striker/winger loan moves since the window closed?

Most teams need/are looking for a striker aren't they?

Might actually tell people something!!

No most sides have already got their guys

Guest Sheff Owl

Sure they have.

Forest, Reading, Ipswich, Bournemouth, Brighton, Wigan, Millwall and Wolves all linked in last few days with Strikers.

NO manager believes 'they have got all theirs'. They are always looking, you only have to listen to managers speak.

Guest wilyfox

The difference being...the majority of those clubs are looking to add to the decent options they already have - whilst we're using the emergency loan window to compensate for a lack of quality - YET AGAIN.

Edited by wilyfox

Guest Sheff6man

The hard working May ( don't see it myself) and the likeable Nuhiu just not good enough get them out of the club and send Maghoma with them

Guest Sheff Owl

Wrong.

Loan moves, only loan moves currently, sorry emergency loan moves., it's all out there.

Yet all these players that are supposedly available haven't moved yet, even tho teams want to add decent options apparently.

Nobody is currently moving, there have been no moves of note since the window closed, that's gotta tell you something!

Anyway that's me done.

Wrong.

Loan moves, only loan moves currently, sorry emergency loan moves., it's all out there.

Yet all these players that are supposedly available haven't moved yet, even tho teams want to add decent options apparently.

Nobody is currently moving, there have been no moves of note since the window closed, that's gotta tell you something!

Anyway that's me done.

We already have strikers that fulfil that criteria.........................

Wrong.

Anyway that's me done.

But 20 odd strikers who could have done a job have already joined championship clubs We're late to the party, we now need to get in there first for one of those remaining targets

Guest Sheff Owl

Unlike your constant bull crap with your chuckle brother friend.

Actually same person? Wouldn't surprise me.

You post, he post, you post, he post...it's like clockwork.