Sign a f@ckin striker

Name them, I'm genuinely struggling to think of 2.

I presume you're not disputing the 20-30 who've already moved, so you must mean those who are left and could be available. Right of the top of my head Murray, Wood, Sordell Mason Maynard or maybe a pacy youngster like Appiah or Akpom

I presume you're not disputing the 20-30 who've already moved, so you must mean those who are left and could be available. Right of the top of my head Murray, Wood, Sordell Mason Maynard or maybe a pacy youngster like Appiah or Akpom

Nope, I'm talking about the 20/30 who've moved. I can see the below who have moved, who would have been good. Out of them, best and dyer are the two I can think of we probably should have been in with a shout for. I don't see 20 or 30 quality attackers who we could have gone for, that have moved elsewhere in the window.

Alf

best

lingard

Miller

Doyle

bent

yakubu

Dyer

afobe

Nope, I'm talking about the 20/30 who've moved. I can see the below who have moved, who would have been good. Out of them, best and dyer are the two I can think of we probably should have been in with a shout for. I don't see 20 or 30 quality attackers who we could have gone for, that have moved elsewhere in the window.

Alf

best

lingard

Miller

Doyle

bent

yakubu

Dyer

afobe

Crossed wires I think mate. You're talking about all players who moved in the current window, I was referring to all those strikers who'd joined other championship clubs this season on a free/loan, well the ones who'd have done a job for us. Way I look at it, and we're only talking loans now of course. Let's try and get an experienced leader of the line, if we can, we might then see a different Stevie May, particularly if we can add a winger. Failing that, lets replace Keane and add some pace to give us a different alternative. One things for certain, we can't keep going into home games with no real chance of getting a win, it's soul destroying Edited by gurujuan

Crossed wires I think mate. You're talking about all players who moved in the current window, I was referring to all those strikers who'd joined other championship clubs this season on a free/loan, well the ones who'd have done a job for us. Way I look at it, and we're only talking loans now of course. Let's try and get an experienced leader of the line, if we can, we might then see a different Stevie May, particularly if we can add a winger. Failing that, lets replace Keane and add some pace to give us a different alternative. One things for certain, we can't keep going into home games with no real chance of getting a win, it's soul destroying

right...

Firstly, if you are talking about BOTH windows, you need to think of two things;

1 - we bought may in the summer window, a guy banging them in in Scotland. And he cost us. So its not like we didn't go out and sign someone we thought would stick it in the net. It's just our gamble hasn't paid off.

2 - in both windows, gray has been operating on a lower champ budget. The new owners arrived too late to go for any of the really good options that moved, and iv no doubt they will have decided to save the money now for summer. The reality is under mandaric, we didn't have an urgency to sign a Wickham like we did the year before. So it was never going to happen.

I get that no goals is boring and frustrating. But if we are going to push on, we need to be looking at good targets long term. I don't see how we can moan yet before the new team have had chance to address it. If we fail to recruit in summer, I'll be the first to say it's not acceptable.

right...

Firstly, if you are talking about BOTH windows, you need to think of two things;

1 - we bought may in the summer window, a guy banging them in in Scotland. And he cost us. So its not like we didn't go out and sign someone we thought would stick it in the net. It's just our gamble hasn't paid off.

2 - in both windows, gray has been operating on a lower champ budget. The new owners arrived too late to go for any of the really good options that moved, and iv no doubt they will have decided to save the money now for summer. The reality is under mandaric, we didn't have an urgency to sign a Wickham like we did the year before. So it was never going to happen.

I get that no goals is boring and frustrating. But if we are going to push on, we need to be looking at good targets long term. I don't see how we can moan yet before the new team have had chance to address it. If we fail to recruit in summer, I'll be the first to say it's not acceptable.

Going with four inexperienced strikers was a gamble that was never going to work. I do wonder if the May gamble might have paid off had he had an experienced partner. As I've said, the biggest worry is that Gray may not get the chance to properly address it in the summer.

After Saturday, I expected to hear almost immediately, that we had gone out and signed on loan, a striker who had scored Premiership goals, or regularly scored in The Championship.

My expectation level is such that I expect us to ensure we finish as high up the table as possible, and to make sure a relegation scrap is not even a remote possibility.

Surely we have to buy in goals before the weekend?

After Saturday, I expected to hear almost immediately, that we had gone out and signed on loan, a striker who had scored Premiership goals, or regularly scored in The Championship.

My expectation level is such that I expect us to ensure we finish as high up the table as possible, and to make sure a relegation scrap is not even a remote possibility.

Surely we have to buy in goals before the weekend?

Is there any point unless it's a player we have a chance of getting long term though?

Bournemouth in for Murray, could start the carousel of players moving.

Going with four inexperienced strikers was a gamble that was never going to work. I do wonder if the May gamble might have paid off had he had an experienced partner. As I've said, the biggest worry is that Gray may not get the chance to properly address it in the summer.

Turned down for Jones, fryatt and I'm told, wood before we moved for may.

Is there any point unless it's a player we have a chance of getting long term though?

Bournemouth in for Murray, could start the carousel of players moving.

Yes, there is a point.

The longer we go on, struggling to score, the more points we throw away, and the nearer the teams below us get.

The striker situation is something that needs money chucking at it.

If we have to pay quite heavily for a loan of the right quality, until the end of the season, then so be it.

This is an absolute must, especially if the club wishes to keep people interested in the rest of the season. It's been dire recently. When season ticket holders can't be bothered, something needs sorting out.

We need some goals!!!

Guest wilyfox

I'm all for the club planning for the future; but signing Bus, Melo & Vermijl with that in mind without addressing our current urgent needs just makes Gray look like a prat. Like Owlsman says, there's every need to ensure we have enough for today as well as tomorrow.

And can we really go into next season with such uncertainty surrounding the manager We've seen that Gray can forge good team spirit and organise a pretty mean defence, but the attacking side of our game is so dire, that doubts remain. At least with a better balanced squad, we might be able to see what he could achieve.

I think with the winger vs striker issue, the best thing to do might be to do what Forest did  -  buy both at the same time.

Antonio + Assombolongalongolonga

It says to the stiker signing that someone will supply the bullets for you  -  and it says to the winger that someone will fire the bullets

Then they both sign, making each other look good.

Was that a good way of putting it?

Someone *like* a Steve Howard might have worked with May. IMO.

Yes, I know where you're coming from, but maybe an upgrade on a Steve Howard. It's all very well people saying there's no 20 goal strikers available on loan, frankly I'd be amazed if there was. However, there are other ways we can unlock the potential in our existing strikers, and an experienced leader of the line is one them. I really think that type of signing could benefit May, and probably Bus also.