Sign a f@ckin striker

Guest Kagoshimaowl

We need a striker definately. I'm wondering if in hindsight, we would have been better off keeping Antonio, playing Maguire up front and not bothering with Stevie May. I think we may have had more points.

We need a striker definately. I'm wondering if in hindsight, we would have been better off keeping Antonio, playing Maguire up front and not bothering with Stevie May. I think we may have had more points.

We'd have been better playing Antonio up front, more goals and more assists

Gray says he wants strikers who work hard. This is fair enough in the modern game but the strikers we have are not mobile enough to do this work and then get into the box. They are just too slow.

Even May who has decent movement overall cannot make up the ground because he has no real pace.

Whereas somebody like Lee has the mobility, he never stands still , gets in the box and has the chances.

We have also missed far too many chances. Many home games this season Gray has clearly told May to stay up top and he has missed too many opportunities.

It is a bit bemusing that we have experience at the back, signed McGugan to add it to midfield but continue to play and sign kids up front. I know goalscorers are difficult to sign but not as impossible as we have made it look.

We don't have any natural width in the squad. Maguire & Maghoma like to go inside continually rather than go down the touchline.

We let JJ go and sold Antonio and haven't made a concerted effort to replace them. Whatever happens in the Summer I would say signing at least a couple of wingers is more important than signing a striker.

The number of times in commentaries it has been said that we don't have enough people in the box suggests it is a tactical, fitness or laziness issue.

Defenders find it much easier to mark 1 man as opposed to 3 or 4. And you're more likely to score with 3 or 4 in the box.

I'm not sure if the current strikers are good enough but there are more things involved in this equation.

When Southampton got their takeover they went out and bought Rickie Lambert. The catalyst for two promotions.

It's just my opinion but I think we needed to do something similar.

We don't have a proven Striker in our squad, sooner or later that's going to have to be fixed

When Southampton got their takeover they went out and bought Rickie Lambert. The catalyst for two promotions.

It's just my opinion but I think we needed to do something similar.

We don't have a proven Striker in our squad, sooner or later that's going to have to be fixed

Absolutely right

NYC, do you actually watch our games? Whether we play with one or two strikers, and whether or not they are prolific goal scorers, we don't have a wide player capable of beating a full back and getting decent crosses into the box. Neither do the other outfield players offer any kind of support to the strikers. You could sign the best centre forward in the country, but if the service is none existent, he aint going to score you goals.

We'd have been better playing Antonio up front, more goals and more assists

Are you trying to compete with yourself for the most stupid post award of the year?

NYC, do you actually watch our games? Whether we play with one or two strikers, and whether or not they are prolific goal scorers, we don't have a wide player capable of beating a full back and getting decent crosses into the box. Neither do the other outfield players offer any kind of support to the strikers. You could sign the best centre forward in the country, but if the service is none existent, he aint going to score you goals.

Stop talking sense its not wanted here

Waffle, plenty of chances come and go If you can't see that there's a huge disparity between our defensive options, and those up front, you must be watching a different game to me.

I'm not even suggesting that it was even possible to get what we needed in the January window.

It's not a great time to do business.

But surely we are going to have to sort out this problem by the summer.

They are calling it Nillsborough...