Sign a f@ckin striker

Guest wilyfox

Hopefully because we have someone better lined up, says he with extreme straw clutching

I honestly don't get it. Availability has been a huge problem for us in recruitment, with reported interest in Paterson, Knockaert, and Phillips all coming to nothing; yet proven quality like Pennant & Eagles...we won't even go near. I don't know what the club or fans are anticipating will happen, realistically, other than coming away empty-handed again if we keep this up.

I honestly don't get it. Availability has been a huge problem for us in recruitment, with reported interest in Paterson, Knockaert, and Phillips all coming to nothing; yet proven quality like Pennant & Eagles...we won't even go near. I don't know what the club or fans are anticipating will happen, realistically, other than coming away empty-handed again if we keep this up.

And all the while, question marks piling up against Gray. His stock was high earlier in the season but our failure to address pretty obvious issues, has left him in limbo. It would be a huge gamble on his part, to let things drift until the end of the season.

Guest wilyfox

When was the last time Pennant had a decent season and was actually offered a new contract with the club he was with. ie somebody thought he was worth keeping

I don't know the answer but it seems a long time ago. Would be absolute waste of money.

Stoke. Mark Hughes gave him a new 1yr deal for last season.

Guest Sheff Owl

Jermaine Pennant. My word.

That's scrapping the bottom of the barrel, he's wasted his career.

Since 2009 he's scored 4 goals, apparently kept turning up to training late Zaragoza, at Stoke his contract was terminated.

Pennant like Eagles are players that clubs don't really wanna touch for some reason, yes Millwall look likely for Pennant and Eagles went to Blackpool but why hasn't anyone else snapped these up, Eagles IMO opinion would be decent for 3 months but there is a reason why clubs ain't touching him.

I did wonder about Pennant but he's been out in Thailand suspect he's nowhere near upto the pace of the championship, But Eagles is absolutely awful pal .. Couldn't even hold a place down at blackpool

Guest wilyfox

thats great. how many games did he play

11 apps league and cup. Are you about to judge him by that? I sense you are. Are we premier league? Do we have wingers the quality of Arnautovic and Assaidi that would keep him out of our team?

Guest wilyfox

I did wonder about Pennant but he's been out in Thailand suspect he's nowhere near upto the pace of the championship, But Eagles is absolutely awful pal .. Couldn't even hold a place down at blackpool

India is not Thailand.

Eagles did hold down a place in Blackpool's team. They just couldn't agree on terms of an extension.

People write these players off, then bemoan the lack of available alternatives. Fickle people.

Fair play India no idea where I've dug Thailand from

Lee Clark chose to release Eagles, and he hasn't found a club since I just don't see what he would add

Guest wilyfox

Lee Clark chose to release Eagles - BECAUSE HE SAID THE MONEY NEEDED TO BE SPENT ELSEWHERE IN THE TEAM

and he hasn't found a club since I just don't see what he would add - QUALITY DELIVERIES FROM SET-PIECES AND OPEN PLAY

listen im not saying Eagles is the worst player ever, he's had his moments through his career where he's shown the qualities your talking of and of course we need them adding to our side desperately but so do a lot of others and I'm not seeing a clamour for the blokes signature ..

At this stage we need a signing out wide similar to McGugan who's got undoubted quality and will be a shoe in for the starting 11 , Eagles and Pennant don't stand out to me as been capable of that

We've missed out on potential players for whatever reasons nobody can deny that, I'd liked to have seen Lloyd Dyer here and clearly id like to have seen us been able to do a deal for Paterson but the clubs not pulled it off

If we're to bring a winger in , for me its got to be a top quality player someone who's going to make a real difference a Knockaert/Gnabry/Grealish kind of signing is what we need to be doing

Guest wilyfox

But those players are seemingly unavailable to us, and that's the problem. So, we must turn to the best of what we can get - rather than do nothing. Would someone like Eagles or Pennant add something? Absolutely!

And all the while, question marks piling up against Gray. His stock was high earlier in the season but our failure to address pretty obvious issues, has left him in limbo. It would be a huge gamble on his part, to let things drift until the end of the season.

Still not posted this 20/30 strikers that have moved that are tearing the division a new one i see Guru

Still not posted this 20/30 strikers that have moved that are tearing the division a new one i see Guru

I believe I said, who could have done a decent job for us, nothing about tearing anyone a new one. As for the list, I've given it once and I can't be flippin arsed to do it all again

Guest Sheff Owl

Should have signed Matt Fryatt, 5 goals all season and he's a quality player.

Doesn't always work signing these quality players, you just never know.

I'm voting for Adebayo Akinfenwa, i'm sure he will add a LOT.

I believe I said, who could have done a decent job for us, nothing about tearing anyone a new one. As for the list, I've given it once and I can't be flippin arsed to do it all again

I think you posted about 10 most of which were unproven or journey men, none of whom are scoring loads elsewhere, you see my point right?????

Guest Deleted member

Lee Clark released a winger, and replaced him with a striker.

And now the goals are coming in.

Maybe Lee Clark recognises that it doesn't matter how many chances you create, if your strikers are crap they won't score.

Unlike many people on here.