OFFICIAL TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD- SPLASH THE CASH EDITION

Regardless of trying to get into the play offs this season we should be building a squad! Players who can gel and then season be ready for a promotion push. I would be interested to know weather the reason is Gray or the new owners why we haven't signed as many as hoped.

Makes me laugh seeing everyone get their knickers in a twist. Our business will be done at the end of the season when there will be loads of free transfers available. Absolutely no need to rush in this window wasting money.

50pt mark is the rough guide for safety, and we are only 4 wins away from that

If we can get McGugan in then greatas we've seen he could be a very good addition and worth the outlay at the right price. Then just get a few good players in on loan and ensure safety

So Wednesday still don't do transfer deadline days

Today was always going to be a disappointment. As always most people have totally overreacted and expected us to spend loads of money and sign loads of players just like that.

Biggest disappointment for me will be if we don't get a winger. That's the main area having signed bus. A striker would be nice but we now have about 6 of them (whether they are rated or not)

Regardless of trying to get into the play offs this season we should be building a squad! Players who can gel and then season be ready for a promotion push. I would be interested to know weather the reason is Gray or the new owners why we haven't signed as many as hoped.

It's clear to me that they want their own man in and the real business starts in the summer.

Which is a big shame because of the outstanding job Gray has done.

If they had backed him like he deserves, it would show that they believe he's the right man to take us forward in the future.

Guest Sean Gemmell

There's still time. Chansiri won't want to disappoint.

rob staton said only 2 more tho?

and the 2 more are obviously mcgugan and the rb from man utd

Edited by Sean Gemmell

Some reyt drama queens on here , potentially 3 signings today that will all be permanent or with a definite view to permanent and were getting shouts of 'Gray not been backed' 'clubs lets us down'

SG clearly wants Lewis McGugan and Matty Phillips , let the man negotiate and get the players he wants

I think the important thing in the Staton tweet is the word 'today' and the phrasing surrounding McGugan.

Maybe McGugan isn't a deal that will be done today, but we're working to get him on loan later on with a view to signing him on a permanent deal in the summer? Maybe with the ratification not going through yet we're not prepared to spend the type of money Watford want for him just yet....& that really isn't Gray's fault.

I've just got a feeling that McGugan isn't the 2nd player we're looking to bring in today.

And why is what Rob Staton says the absolute gospel anyway? Would our club really blab all our deals to a local reporter? McGugan is an obvious deal looking to happen, Bus was leaked by foreign media & the lad from Man Utd isn't big enough deal to bother keeping under wraps.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Vermijl is a good signing, having a closer look at a promising full back who's out of contract at the end of the season is intelligent especially considering buxtons injury problems. Can't complain there.

My grumble is put wide, it's blatantly obvious we need a winger and if gray doesn't address this issue I personally think gray will have failed during the transfer market.