Stevie May

I do think it's a confidence thing

Look at his goals for St Johnstone, he's shooting from 25 yards and from all angles, but he doesn't seem to do that with us

The goal he scored against Middlesbrough had the look of a confident striker, I bet he wouldn't try that now either

He also plays far too deep (although that's probably more to do with Gray)

Guest TommyTank

May is unhappy at Wednesday, he's got a bird in Scotland that he hasnt been with long, he lives on his own down here and i have heard the only player he spent time with is out on loan (i assume it was Gary Madine), he still a young lad, hopefully his chick moves down here.

I think we need to get off his back, he's a young lad trying to settle in.

ITK.

Have we ever tried starting May with someone else besides Nuhiu? Seeing as we don't really have anyone else I'm assuming not. Nuhui is taking up positions and chances that someone else might do better with, including May. Hopefully May and Keane will start at Reading. If we haven't signed anyone better

May is unhappy at Wednesday, he's got a bird in Scotland that he hasnt been with long, he lives on his own down here and i have heard the only player he spent time with is out on loan (i assume it was Gary Madine), he still a young lad, hopefully his chick moves down here.

I think we need to get off his back, he's a young lad trying to settle in.

ITK.

Well we'd have a problem getting our money back if he goes home, probably only Celtic could pay that, and they're unlikely to be interested

May has potential. May has no confidence. But why? Is he being held back by SG (not a dig at him) due to our defensive priorities?

For me, May should have the licence to do what the roger he wants and let that big daft fanny we have up front do the target man duties (even though he is poo poo in the air). Look at his goals for ST Johnstone, from all over the place, hitting them from 5 yards, and 25 yards. He has that quality. Next season he will hopefully come good, this has been a tough test for him but it doesn;t help when he doesn't have a striker at the side of him who can create anything!

Guest TommyTank

Well we'd have a problem getting our money back if he goes home, probably only Celtic could pay that, and they're unlikely to be interested

He doesnt want out mate, he's just abit lonely down here at the moment, it must be hard for him, espeically because I hear he's loved up but doesnt see her much because of work and distance etc.

Personal situations change all the time, oh and his mate is coming back soon.

He got 15 minutes because he started on the bench after losing his place.

A striker that scores regularly doesnt get dropped.

In all fairness to May he scored a perfectly good goal in our last match. Classic example of a striker being in the right place at the right time but sadly a very poor linesman on the day.

There are plenty of reasons why we are p**s poor up front, I think to single Stevie May out for criticism is a little unfair... Especially after tonight's match.