Well Done Milan Mandaric

You're missing the point.

Yeah he would be a good signing - but I was imagining a scenario where you sign someone to do a job but then find yourself ill equipped to then cope with the new challenge.

All of a sudden you have an aging Jon Walters next to an un-proven Stevie May and thats when the foundations built on sand start to creak.

Nothing against the two players but it would be better to build a Premier League side before you reach it.

No I got your point, and agree with you. But I wouldn't complain if we got Walters in on loan til the end of the season.

Personally don't think we are ready for promotion. But then I didn't think Burnley, Palace, Wigan, Stoke would be when they all got out of this division. A lot of it is to do with team spirit and momentum, we've seen sides get promoted from this division and i've looked at their squad and thought 'this is nothing special'. Yet they hold their own in the Premier League.

Who knows what we are capable of. Just keep it going Gray see where it will takes us. BUT we do need a striker to stick em away, like Gray says you can never stop improving your side and Milan needs to give him some backing to do so. Which i'm sure he will, as it's what he has done in the past.

Its been proved to be total "PAP" .....this "No club anymore" when you go into admin....

Does any foo.ker EVER mention Palace have gone to the wall when they are playing Chelsea...Or that F.okin' Chelsea have gone to the wall when they are playing Palace...are they viewed as totally different football teams than when Bobby Tambling or Ian Wright was playing for them?

Wednesday fans are trying to tread a sodding line up to the moral high ground when most other f.ookers are simply taking the escalator...

You have a point. Personally I am happy that we didn't go down that route. Pragmatic maybe but nonetheless I am happy that we didn't choose that option. Edited by Dagmeister

Take a look at the league now.

The Championship.

Does what you say ring true?

Really?

I don't want that, I don't want that gamble. I don't want to force promotion to then welcome relegation.

Tbf some clubs have made a right mess of being in the premier league. I was watching cardiff in the fa cup the other day and their team is pretty poor now without having lots of money available to spend on transfers. West brom showed a few years ago how you can benefit from being in the premier league if you control your finances correctly - and tell the fans that's what you will do too beforehand so no one gets disappointed with lack of spending

Burnley Leicester..are making a battle out of it..How far..bar a couple of decent players are we from Hull, Leicester, Sunderland,Burnley , Palace, QPR?

Itsd not the self fulfilling prophecy everyone makes it out to be...

(I was gonna include West Brom..but I like our Baggie lads lol)

I said look at The Championship (well not you personally)

Look at the relegated sides.

Look at other 'big hitters' and where they are (Leeds tho...)

Does relegation really stand up? As a tactic to remain stable?!

You have a point. Personally I am happy that we didn't go down that route. Pragmatic maybe but nonetheless I a happy that we didn't go down that route.

I was for a long time mate...but its not a level playing field anymore....A club can get into Europe on the whim of a Shiek...Clubs can enter admin, start again, and march up the leaguesw with a clean slate...while Wednesday carry manfully on..doin' it how it should be done....Thousands turning up to subsidise summatt thats got all to do with pride an' nowt to do with football.

Football is totally different now...

I said look at The Championship (well not you personally)

Look at the relegated sides.

Look at other 'big hitters' and where they are (Leeds tho...)

Does relegation really stand up? As a tactic to remain stable?!

If done properly Arthur..It could be the making of us...

I was for a long time mate...but its not a level playing field anymore....A club can get into Europe on the whim of a Shiek...Clubs can enter admin, start again, and march up the leaguesw with a clean slate...while Wednesday carry manfully on..doin' it how it should be done....Thousands turning up to subsidise summatt thats got all to do with pride an' nowt to do with football.

Football is totally different now...

If done properly Arthur..It could be the making of us...

Says more about what's wrong with football than what's wrong with us though. Personal choice; not for me.

What?

Getting relegated?

Yea..getting relegated from the Prem..Getting relegated from The Championship means bugger all..the crowds stay more or less static..its like drawing breath.

One season up there...and it would not be so remarkable if we finished just outside the relegation zone..If we went down you have the funds to build...

Leeds went mental with money...Wigan spent theirs trying to stay there...as did Blackpool...its like robbin' a bank then..runnin' off..an' leaving it a couple of years til the furores died down

Says more about what's wrong with football than what's wrong with us though. Personal choice; not for me.

Spot on Dags..it does...but its not gonna change...Waddya do...Pack it all in?

I am 75 years old. I have supported the Owls for nigh on 70 years. I do not want to miss the chance of another season - at least - of Premiership football just because there is a chance we could get relegated again. Where is the pride in the club, in Sheffield, in Yorkshire that can even think about not being promoted if the chance presents itself.

Utter madness. Don't understand it at all.

I am 75 years old. I have supported the Owls for nigh on 70 years. I do not want to miss the chance of another season - at least - of Premiership football just because there is a chance we could get relegated again. Where is the pride in the club, in Sheffield, in Yorkshire that can even think about not being promoted if the chance presents itself.

Utter madness. Don't understand it at all.

My nephew is 5 years old and has never seen us in The Premier League so with all due respect I would rather have a club for him to support in 25 years time than gamble our future just to appease those that want a Lion on their arms.

Although I largely agree with Arthur a flukey promotion would help the development of Hillsborough, the Academy and the general infrastructure being updated for the 21th Century. £80 million, minimum, would be the definitive answer.

IIRC, Blackpool, before the imploded, paid for a good proportion of their grounds upgrade by their promotion.

Yea..getting relegated from the Prem..Getting relegated from The Championship means bugger all..the crowds stay more or less static..its like drawing breath.

One season up there...and it would not be so remarkable if we finished just outside the relegation zone..If we went down you have the funds to build...

Leeds went mental with money...Wigan spent theirs trying to stay there...as did Blackpool...its like robbin' a bank then..runnin' off..an' leaving it a couple of years til the furores died down

Spot on Dags..it does...but its not gonna change...Waddya do...Pack it all in?

It's a good question for sure! Just do what we're doing now for me though.... mind you even then we still have to rely on our owner to underwrite our losses. Sooner or later football In this country will have to fashion some kind of financial sanity.

We're not going to make the play-offs mate - even with a push.

But we need to finish the season 'earlier' and avoid a relegation scrap.

Get our house in order in March/April - sort out youth players, contracts, wage budget and potential investment for next year so we're not scraping around in September mincing round in the transfer market.

When was the last time we could say we have done that?

Top 10 or top 12 finish is fine.

This division is crap this season. we will NEVER have a better chance of the play offs . 

This division is crap this season. we will NEVER have a better chance of the play offs . 

That may be the case, but I am still not convinced we have the consistancy.

Just my opinion, not having a pop.

I am enjoying our stability, we aren't running away with the form book or being whipping boys.

We're just under the radar...remember some clubs have to justify their budgets by being there or there abouts whilst others are panicking at a relegation fight.

We have no pressure, nice and easy - see how it goes.

No I got your point, and agree with you. But I wouldn't complain if we got Walters in on loan til the end of the season.

Personally don't think we are ready for promotion. But then I didn't think Burnley, Palace, Wigan, Stoke would be when they all got out of this division. A lot of it is to do with team spirit and momentum, we've seen sides get promoted from this division and i've looked at their squad and thought 'this is nothing special'. Yet they hold their own in the Premier League.

Who knows what we are capable of. Just keep it going Gray see where it will takes us. BUT we do need a striker to stick em away, like Gray says you can never stop improving your side and Milan needs to give him some backing to do so. Which i'm sure he will, as it's what he has done in the past.

How can we not be ready for the 100 million it would put into the club's coffers? Ready or not I'd take it in a heartbeat.

It's a good question for sure! Just do what we're doing now for me though.... mind you even then we still have to rely on our owner to underwrite our losses. Sooner or later football In this country will have to fashion some kind of financial sanity.

Yea.....I know...I'm just advocatin' joinin' in the orgy til it goes t*ts up Dags lol