Well Done Milan Mandaric

So what f.ookin' aspirations do we have for the rest of the season then...hold our bloody own in 8th??????????????

Thats a bit p*ss poor ain't it....

Its like a bloke in the 1500 metres thinkin'...

"Bloody hell I'm catchin' the leaders up..I better slow down"

Depends if the runner would be putting his health in danger by over exerting himself rather than just settling for a personal best and return stronger next year.

Only on here could someone use " we don't have the biggest budget " as a stick to beat the chairman with after our best display of the season and with us just four points off the play-offs... :laugh: :laugh:

Only on here could we attribute the success to the chairman when it plainly obvious that the success solely belongs to the manager.

We paid modest fees for two players that started today and a little more for one other. All the rest cost us fvcckk all.

Well done Staurt Gray!

Guest Big Guns

Too many of our fans are happy with mediocrity that's why our fan base is over run with clappers

Show sum ambition and passion ffs

Only on here could we attribute the success to the chairman when it plainly obvious that the success solely belongs to the manager.

We paid modest fees for two players that started today and a little more for one other. All the rest cost us fvcckk all.

Well done Staurt Gray!

Modest?

Wow, you must be tough to date.

Bet you like chocolates and diamonds and everything.

Well done Staurt Gray!

only some are mate  

SG is amazing yet some just will not acknowledge it fully  - for whatever reason they like acting tw@s

We would be torn apart on and off the pitch even if we did scrape through a tough three game play-off process.

Not going to happen.

Would be reckless wasting money it to be fair.

I could afford a sport car if I skint myself and re-mortgaged - but what use is it sat on the drive?

Your constant argument that promotion would somehow be a bad thing is just ludicrous.

only some are mate  

SG is amazing yet some just will not acknowledge it fully  - for whatever reason they like acting tw@s

Theres plenty of oppurtunities to congratulate or pour scorn on Gray an various threads. There is no doubt that now Gray has chosen to play without the shackles we are picking up results, he should be congratulated for that in itself.

But I haven't seen enough praise heaped on the man that is making it all happen, that says 'yes' at the right time and 'no' at the right time.

As Roy Keane says - the club is about the the fans first, the last person anyone cares about is the manager.

Your constant argument that promotion would somehow be a bad thing is just ludicrous.

Promotion, in itself, I would welcome.

Pushing on, throwing money at it, gambling our future - is even more ludicrous.

I'd like to know where this 'pushing on' money is coming from for a start.

Guest TommyTank

Well done Milan for spending Hafiz Mammadovs money on the signings/wages of Kieren Westwood, Tom Lees and Glenn Loovens, and selling Antonio and spending half of the fee on Stevie May, well done also for allowing the signings of Drenthe and Mcgugan when it looked like we were slipping again towards the bottom 3. 

You now have a chance to be a true legend at the club. Its common knowledge that many teams sat in the playoff places around Jan get the jitters and fall away, allowing a couple of mid table teams to get in the mix. We have a chance to be one of those teams.

Stuart Gray, the staff and the players deserve and have earned a chance to have a go, we clearly dont need to be reckless, we need maybe 2 or 3 additions of the right quality. In the past few seasons we have panicked and made some excellent loan signings because we were slipping back to League One. Now we need to do the same but this time its called ambition and what better way to bow out.

Its all in your hands Milan, SG, the staff, the players, the fans are doing their bit, its over to you.

The patience we (fanbase) have had over the years deserve it, find another loan striker with something to prove like Connor Wickham and we will make the playoffs, its that simple.

We need a forward who will turn losing by one goal into a 1-1 draw and a draw into a narrow win. Lita did it, Connor did it and Matty Fryatt did it.

we all would or should agree with that

but  the influx of cash and subsequent parachute should the worst happen will put us back in the game instead of being bargain bin gamblers

Promotion does not mean we have to gamble our future, and one season of being 'ripped apart' could transform the club.

I think the point is, a loan signing such a Wickham, or Fryatt, that type, might just push us that next step. An impact signing like that, at this stage of the season, could get us into a top 6 which is very average. In future years, the standard may be higher, and the chance may have gone.

Farm out Corry, McCabe and Kirkland on loan, and that would provide the wages for such a move.

Just a thought.

10 years ago, even 5 years ago I would have agreed.

But I want a Wednesday for the next 25 to 30 years.

Seriously, a proper evolution and transformation that goes beyond just getting giddy because we are on Match of the Day.

Valiantly charging into the Premier League with Stevie May and Jon Walters up front won't get us anywhere.

I think the point is, a loan signing such a Wickham, or Fryatt, that type, might just push us that next step. An impact signing like that, at this stage of the season, could get us into a top 6 which is very average. In future years, the standard may be higher, and the chance may have gone.

Farm out Corry, McCabe and Kirkland on loan, and that would provide the wages for such a move.

Just a thought.

I'd agree this is the correct approach- one, maybe two signings of genuine quality. The biggest strength we have at the moment is the growing understanding between the 14-15 regulars we have at the moment.

Evolution not revolution,, regardless of any funds that could be available.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

MM holds ultimate responsibility for the success or failure of the business.

The culture, manager and budget is down to him.

Some of the nonsense spouted on here shows the ignorance of some fans about running a business.

We should be celebrating the success we are having, improving our club on and off the pitch and for the first time in years looking a decent secure Championship team.

Whilst things can always be better, we are making significant progress without spending money like its going out of fashion. MM should be congratulated for that rather than the constant, ill informed sniping at the guy.

10 years ago, even 5 years ago I would have agreed.

But I want a Wednesday for the next 25 to 30 years.

Seriously, a proper evolution and transformation that goes beyond just getting giddy because we are on Match of the Day.

Valiantly charging into the Premier League with Stevie May and Jon Walters up front won't get us anywhere.

10 years ago you didn't get £80m for coming last. That's the difference.

Are you seriously saying that an £80m cash injection (managed correctly) could be a bad thing?