Well Done Milan Mandaric

I think the point is, a loan signing such a Wickham, or Fryatt, that type, might just push us that next step. An impact signing like that, at this stage of the season, could get us into a top 6 which is very average. In future years, the standard may be higher, and the chance may have gone.

Farm out Corry, McCabe and Kirkland on loan, and that would provide the wages for such a move.

Just a thought.

Well this is moment when people said he would act, so we'll see. Within touching distance of the play offs, investment now would be his best chance of getting us up.

10 years ago, even 5 years ago I would have agreed.

But I want a Wednesday for the next 25 to 30 years.

Seriously, a proper evolution and transformation that goes beyond just getting giddy because we are on Match of the Day.

Valiantly charging into the Premier League with Stevie May and Jon Walters up front won't get us anywhere.

Walters would be a good signing

So we're all agreed then, Gray hasn't had his hands tied behind his back?

That he has been supported?

That we actually do have a half decent first 11 (maybe not extended to half decent squad)

Once we get the myths out of the way things can become so much more clear.

It depends what result we have at 5pm on a Saturday really

team spirit is something that you absolutely cannot buy  but you can sell it away .........let's see what happens

looking forward to any takeover I see...some people actually seemed gutted that were moving forward...mind you some people were gutted that the parasites didn't stay in charge of the club

10 years ago you didn't get £80m for coming last. That's the difference.

Are you seriously saying that an £80m cash injection (managed correctly) could be a bad thing?

It's a bit narrow minded to simply throw figures. I would rather have £20m spent prudently than £80m seen as some boon to be celebrated - there is such a thing as having too much money.

Like I said, the first year all the hands are out for this new money - mostly from people who helped you 'push on'

Remember when I said on and off the pitch? That makes a difference too, I would be embarrassed to have a Premier League game held within the confines of our corporate hospitality. Then theres the facilities on all the stands - the break down of advertising and sponsorship.

The farce regarding our kits over the years.

No thanks, I don't want to be no laughing stock.

Guest TommyTank

Promotion, in itself, I would welcome.

Pushing on, throwing money at it, gambling our future - is even more ludicrous.

I'd like to know where this 'pushing on' money is coming from for a start.

Alright Arthur, I think you may have confused being a football supporter with running your own business. Lets all remember why we watch the game, entertainment, success.

When Mr Manadaric or Stuart Gray speak of a playoff challenge etc then why on earth would any members of the support disagree and settle for mid table?

You are overthinking, try being a supporter and not a want to be chairman, you will enjoy it much more.

MM easily the best chairman we've had in a generation.  

Yes some wants him to spend a bit, but I don't think anyone can grumble with the job he's done so far.  

Spot on. Easily the best Chairman we have had in my life without a doubt. Going to be a tinge of sadness when he leaves, hopefully he leaves us with some mega rich ambitious new owner. 

Walters would be a good signing

You're missing the point.

Yeah he would be a good signing - but I was imagining a scenario where you sign someone to do a job but then find yourself ill equipped to then cope with the new challenge.

All of a sudden you have an aging Jon Walters next to an un-proven Stevie May and thats when the foundations built on sand start to creak.

Nothing against the two players but it would be better to build a Premier League side before you reach it.

Alright Arthur, I think you may have confused being a football supporter with running your own business. Lets all remember why we watch the game, entertainment, success.

When Mr Manadaric or Stuart Gray speak of a playoff challenge etc then why on earth would any members of the support disagree and settle for mid table?

You are overthinking, try being a supporter and not a want to be chairman, you will enjoy it much more.

Thats good PR from their point of view..

What else do you want them to say?

What does 46 clubs in the Championship say on August 1st? EVERY year...?!

Doesn't mean they think it.

Arthur,

Promotion whilst extremely unlikely would mean that even if we got relegated in our first season (which we 99% would), we would have parachute payments which if spent smartly would enable us to compete financially with the top six clubs in the Championship.

Take a look at the league now.

The Championship.

Does what you say ring true?

Really?

I don't want that, I don't want that gamble. I don't want to force promotion to then welcome relegation.

All those saying Milan hasn't backed Gray are probably the same people who slagged off the last board for running us into the ground. Milan is taking a £5 million a year hit on merely running the club each year.

As it stands we are probably one of the safest clubs financially in the league and making steady progress on the pitch. After a decade of mismanagement Milan is restoring not only our pride in the team but our professionalism as a club and sustainability going forward.

Best Chairman in a generation.

It's a bit narrow minded to simply throw figures. I would rather have £20m spent prudently than £80m seen as some boon to be celebrated - there is such a thing as having too much money.

Like I said, the first year all the hands are out for this new money - mostly from people who helped you 'push on'

Remember when I said on and off the pitch? That makes a difference too, I would be embarrassed to have a Premier League game held within the confines of our corporate hospitality. Then theres the facilities on all the stands - the break down of advertising and sponsorship.

The farce regarding our kits over the years.

No thanks, I don't want to be no laughing stock.

Do you really think the facilities you talk about will ever be brought up to scratch without promotion? Why would they be?

Its been proved to be total "PAP" .....this "No club anymore" when you go into admin....

Does any foo.ker EVER mention Palace have gone to the wall when they are playing Chelsea...Or that F.okin' Chelsea have gone to the wall when they are playing Palace...are they viewed as totally different football teams than when Bobby Tambling or Ian Wright was playing for them?

Wednesday fans are trying to tread a sodding line up to the moral high ground when most other f.ookers are simply taking the escalator...

Do you really think the facilities you talk about will ever be brought up to scratch without promotion? Why would they be?

Because they would be invested in.

Maybe not all at the same time.

But something more akin to a modern club even by Championship standards.

Not a run down travel lodge from 1996.

Take a look at the league now.

The Championship.

Does what you say ring true?

Really?

I don't want that, I don't want that gamble. I don't want to force promotion to then welcome relegation.

Burnley Leicester..are making a battle out of it..How far..bar a couple of decent players are we from Hull, Leicester, Sunderland,Burnley , Palace, QPR?

Itsd not the self fulfilling prophecy everyone makes it out to be...

(I was gonna include West Brom..but I like our Baggie lads lol)