Stevie May

When we were first linked with him I said despite his goals when I've seen him he looks a very poor footballer.

After 5 minutes of his debut I said he's out of his depth.

After the Wigan game I said the one on one he missed shows he doesn't have the ability to cut it in our league

Today ........................

And? ................

not many agree, but they are wrong cos YOU SAID it?        

K-Den

His movement is pretty good, and credit to him for not hiding away when it was not going his way today.

However his decision making is my biggest concern with him. Sometimes he shoots from range when there are better options for the pass, and today he either didn't shoot when he should have, or tried to be too clever with his finishes.

I think, unfortunately it was just "one of those days" today,arguably could have had a brace/hat trick but it just didnt happen for him today.

His runs and work rate are good though and I am convinced it will come good for Stevie, us getting on his back wont help him at all though.(Think back to some of the other strikers we have had play for us over the years and compare them to May.)

Leon to score today was a nailed on cert. I would, rather have him back than Nuhiu I regret to say.

If he had a bit more pace he'd be a top striker - I think him and Nuhiu don't work together - unfortunately Gray does

I think the fact the SG brought in an unfit GTF and hoyed him straight into the team makes me think you shouldn't be so sure about that. Nuhiu and May is the best we've got a present but SG is obviosuly desperate to bring in a bigger CF to take Nuhiu's place or at least push him.

Edited by Owls2k

Guest The Horse

Why do we all have to choose either one of May / Nuhiu / Madine to champion and deride the others?

I genuinely think we've got three decent strikers who will all come good with decent runs in a confident side.

May & Madine are both natural finishers but are still young and at any other Champ club would've been gently nurtured into first team football. At the moment we are expecting experienced performances from raw talent.

Nuhiu has real technical ability. We play to his weaknesses though not his strength which is to his feet.

Which all leads to the reason why Gray is after an experienced striker.

The strikers we have are still developing and we expect too much.

It'll come; but in the meantime - appreciate their efforts. They need encouragement not knocking down.