Stevie May

May would be signed by most teams looking more at the future, yet he was meant to be our main marksman right away. Shows it was a bit of a strange decision to sign him in our situation, though tbf Gray said he wanted a more experienced striker in on loan to play alongside him.

Wonder who will be available in Jan (and want to come of course).

May would be signed by most teams looking more at the future, yet he was meant to be our main marksman right away. Shows it was a bit of a strange decision to sign him in our situation, though tbf Gray said he wanted a more experienced striker in on loan to play alongside him.

Wonder who will be available in Jan (and want to come of course).

Spot on, I figure that's exactly what Gray hoped to do.

The 3 one on ones missed today were nothing to do with him 'adapting to the league' a good striker doesn't miss one one ones in any league, May isn't and never will be the answer

What a load of crap!

Did well today, but needs to be more clinical with his finishers.

When the penny finally drops (that Nihiu is gash at this level) and is replaced, May will benefit.

When we were first linked with him I said despite his goals when I've seen him he looks a very poor footballer.

After 5 minutes of his debut I said he's out of his depth.

After the Wigan game I said the one on one he missed shows he doesn't have the ability to cut it in our league

Today ........................

Someone like Chris Wood would be ideal. Otherwise a quick striker who can finish.

Can't think of many right now, but there must be lots sat on the bench at Prem teams wanting a game. Wages become the difficulty though.

Otherwise we could take a chance on a lower league striker, could turn out to be another Austin/Ings. Garner at Preston is class and would love to get him but think he's out injured now unfortunately. Would hope we are scouting the teams around the top of league one.

When we were first linked with him I said despite his goals when I've seen him he looks a very poor footballer.

After the Wigan game I said the one on one he missed shows he doesn't have the ability to cut it in our league

Mate, he scored a wonder goal 15 mins into his debut.

Id possibly agree with you if you'd have said after his debut game finished, but give the lad a bit of credit... lol

blaming nuhiu for May not scoring, roger me

I thought one striker had a decent game today despite missing a few chances I thought the other had his usual woefull performance.

A thread with many saying May isn't good enough, at this level,makes difficult reading for some

I really like him, lots of excellent attributes and time on his side to improve his finishing. Yes he missed a lot of chances today and no one will be more gutted that him but finishing aside his all round performance was quite superb, great intelligent run, strong, constantly a live wire and caused wolves no end of problems.

That useless lump next to him however, how many chances are we going to give him, genuinely think Kirkland would offer more upfront

Today...you're talking rubbish again.

He was always bought as a player to work with as that's all we can afford.

Some don't rate this guy, others criticise Nuhiu, but in truth they are both culpable. In fact, all four strikers are probably not quite ready to be a success in this league. That's not to say they can't be in the future, but what today tells us, as if we didn't know, we need to get a proper striker in, and soon.