you could well be right re yoevil vs tomorrow..

. but ill be very surprised (& gutted!) if the game on saturday vs toytown has a smaller gate than utds v the dingles.

I'll be dissapointed but not surprised. There's always a reason not to go lately with Wednesday fans.

Just checked it out on their site.

Bristol - 19,889

Crawley - 18,178

Rochdale - 19,122

Gillingham - 18,487

Orient - 19,179

Yeovil - 19,353

Barnsley - 24,495

In fairness I think SheffieldSteel has a reasonable point that our attendance is more about pricing than anything else. Considering the state of both teams (years of underachievement) they are both incredibly well supported.

I'll be dissapointed but not surprised. There's always a reason not to go lately with Wednesday fans.

Anyone who says they're not going because its cold are a big girls blouse.

Nothing better than a cold crisp night, it kills all the bugs. UTO

Consistent poor performance at Hillsborough are costing us big time. I think Milan' s strategy of doing just enough to keep us in the division is starting to look extremely misguided.

Or in the flip side we're half way up the league and rarely get beat, which is a big improvement in this time last year. If we were 6th we'd be getting similar crowds and we'd be moaning that if this or that happened we'd be top. A lot of people like to think they're brilliant fans but are staying away on principal, just to keep their own head happy.

Or in the flip side we're half way up the league and rarely get beat, which is a big improvement in this time last year. If we were 6th we'd be getting similar crowds and we'd be moaning that if this or that happened we'd be top. A lot of people like to think they're brilliant fans but are staying away on principal, just to keep their own head happy.

You can't ignore it though, the gap between their support and ours, has rarely been closer, and they are in a division below. Of course there are economic factors why fans may now not be able go on a regular basis, but that would be the same for both sets of fans. In my opinion, the biggest single factor is the miserable fare we are served at Hillsborough. Most of my mates who aren't going, stay away because it's boring. Thankfully, at the moment, cost isn't an issue for me, but I often have second thoughts about making the trip to Hillsborough because, for the most part, it's incredibly dull. I don't feel that way about away matches.

Whatever the reason and whatever the prices Uniteds crowds are brilliant, there's no denying it. It can't be denied that ours are disappointing so far this season either, don't know why. I applaud Uniteds low prices, football in general is too expensive. However a few points:

1. What really matters is INCOME. Over 60's pay £13 at the lane (my friend does anyway), about HALF what he'd pay at Wednesday as our concession is 65.  Under 18's are very cheap too. If they have 10,000 season tickets and half the other 8 or 9,000 are concessions the actual income is low.

2. They are winning. Mostly 1-0 against Crawley and Rochdale but fans want a winning team. We have won once at home since about March!

3. Their decline has lasted 7 years, ours has lasted 15 years and it does wear you down. The last 10 years or so has seen them get to a couple of Fa Cup semi finals and play off finals.

4. We only have Rovrum as a so-called Derby (it's not really)

5. I predict that our crowds will be higher than theirs, on average, at the end of the season.

You can't ignore it though, the gap between their support and ours, has rarely been closer, and they are in a division below. Of course there are economic factors why fans may now not be able go on a regular basis, but that would be the same for both sets of fans. In my opinion, the biggest single factor is the miserable fare we are served at Hillsborough. Most of my mates who aren't going, stay away because it's boring. Thankfully, at the moment, cost isn't an issue for me, but I often have second thoughts about making the trip to Hillsborough because, for the most part, it's incredibly dull. I don't feel that way about away matches.

Possibly but we all know that league 1 is far more boring.

I don't visit this forum that often.

Yeh Im certain Wednesday will just edge the average attendance but thats due to 2K plus average away fans.

Where as at BL the average away fans is likely to be 500.

Come let's face it both Sheffield clubs are well supported. SW away support has always been consistently excellent. The home support is struggling and the traffic around Leppings Lane is a real blockage problem now that Sainsburys is being built.

SW have mid judged their pricing this season and have obviously hit the breaking point for some fans. It proves there is a demand for cheaper tickets when the £10 Reading deal sold so well.

SWFC need to new pricing strategy for next season. When fans get out of the habit of attending it can prove difficult to get them back.

Edited by sheffsteel

Forest around 2500

Derby around 2000

Norwich around 2000

Rotherham will bring 4000

Watford 1000.

All ish.

Add to this leeds will sell whatever they're given. Probably a couple of thousand from huddersfield/Middlesborough/Birmingham maybe/wolves.

Edited by archieswfc

Yep, our favourite sleeper cell is talking sense. At the end of this season I expect united to have a very similar attendance record to ours. They are gonna be competing at the top end, we will be mid table if our performances improve, relegation candidates if not, that's not gonna bring the masses in. Fair play to em, and to us I'll add, it's not like either team is real Madrid is it?

As we know though, it's all just frippery. All it means is another thing to brag about that has no bearing on the season. There are no points on offer, we've been told that repeatedly in the past.

Yep, our favourite sleeper cell is talking sense. At the end of this season I expect united to have a very similar attendance record to ours. They are gonna be competing at the top end, we will be mid table if our performances improve, relegation candidates if not, that's not gonna bring the masses in. Fair play to em, and to us I'll add, it's not like either team is real Madrid is it?

As we know though, it's all just frippery. All it means is another thing to brag about that has no bearing on the season. There are no points on offer, we've been told that repeatedly in the past.

It's the lack of belief that things will change, treading water isn't a big seller

the Figures are 

Derby        4132      home fans    21054                          total  25186

millwall        427      home            20209                                   20636     evening

Forest       2617      home            18039                                   20656      live on tv

Reading      856      home            28992                                   29848 

Ipswich       622      home            17471                                   18093     evening

Watford     1444      home           19465                                    20909

Norwich i wont know till i get tonights programme, but about 2k?