They are operating in those economic conditions that we operate, so that type of increase is impressive Can we learn anything there?

If you mean ticket prices I'm not so sure. Low prices get a bigger crowd but I think at Hillsborough people would get used to the low prices and find another reason not to turn up. Good for a one off fixture but long term? I'm not convinced.

Rotherham have apparently been given 4,000 tickets, and have sold the lot. To get 28 or 29,000, that would mean us getting an extra 10,000 through the gate, and I can't see us getting that. If we have our usual home performance against Bournemouth, I can see the gate being about 22,000. If we could somehow beat Bournemouth, I could see us getting between 24 and 25,000. Unless of course, something crazy happened and we signed a Connor Wickham type player who might stimulate those who always have some kind of excuse for never attending, to get off their backsides and come to the game.

Guest Distraught!

Utd give away a minimum 3k tickets every home game to kids. During the kids holls My lad went to a soccer camp run by utd for a few days and came home with 3 tickets. They went in the bin. Earlier this year he went to one run by Wednesday and got nowt.

Putting aside local rivalries which I think are sometimes overstated, why bin three free match tickets? Somebody, somewhere would have wanted to use them. I would rather put them on ebay or something, then donate whatever money is raised to a local charity. At least put them to some worthy use.

On their website they had sold 4000 on Wednesday with a few hundred left

Same old debate but why have they only got around 4400 tickets when the West holds more that that

Across the country games go ahead with lines of stewards separating fans. at Man city today it will be the case and for the return fixture at old Trafford there will be 76000 with about 3/4000 away fans not the 26000 we will probably get. Same old debate but why can't our Police ir safer commitees not handle having relatively small crowds when other forces manage could thes in a regular basis

United give away thousands of tickets every home game to kids, students get in for next to nowt, and many adult pigs get in with children's tickets due to the automated turnstiles at the lane

Good crowds, but their gate receipts must be very poor