Would you take a chance on Drenthe in January?

Guest Gershwin

Although Stuart Gray is Wednesday's 'manager', his background is coaching. It was this skill that brought him to Hillsborough. According to those in the industry, SG is good at this football coaching business. Even Owls fans have seen the fruits of SG's coaching and man-management strengths. 

SG does seem to have the knack of getting the best out of players. I'm sure that his work on Wickham and Barkley will have been noted by other clubs/managers.

Drenthe is a troubled young man, with demons in his head. His head has clearly adversely affected his feet. The player's got bags of ability, top notch ability, but he's done so little with it.

If, and it is a big if, I agree, Drenthe is ever to get the best from his natural talent, I'd back Stuart Gray to do it.

I'm not sure there's much downside for Wednesday with Drenthe. He's only here on loan. He'll not be costing us a lot. He can be sent back. Suppose he could upset the dressing room, but with Loovens and one or two other strong characters around, there's not much chance of that. 

If nothing works out with the ex-Real Madrid man, he'll just disappear back to Reading after the loan. On the other hand, he could really click. I am quite sure that the ever astute S6 contract boys behind the scenes will have got that one sewn up already. Heads we win, tails Reading lose?

No. He's another JJ.

JJ in his prime would be a great addition to our current squad! We're lacking that player who can run at opposition defenders at pace and carry the ball 50 yards up the pitch. When he was at his best, JJ had the potential to cause havoc, which is something we're currently lacking.

Really need to see him out on the pitch to give a reasoned answer to this. My gut feeling is tht if you could get him fit, keep him fit and kee him happy then he'd be one of the best players in the division. In which case we'd only end up selling him for £100k...

Unlikely to be  viable on a permanent given my Reading mate heard  he's on £40K per week - which was financed by their new Russian billionaire owner - the one who subsequently did a  runner.  Extension of loan really the only option.if true,

absolutely yes, we're literally his last decent chance, and if we can get his head right, he's a multi million pound player...

he's not been fit, but it seems like Gray has been intentionally holding him back to provoke a reaction, and in the cameos he's showed already, he looks like he can change a game....

can't wait to see him fully fit, and play full a 90 mins...