Madine walked out?

Yeah, I'm getting my words in tonight, getting right sick and tired of this slump, we should be doing much better, but MM won't spend a penny ffs.

Not very nice, I'm very disheartened given our great start to the season.

I'll tell you one thing Cosmo, having my dad, who's a West Ham supporter, tell me that they beat Man City tonight was stomach churning.... You recall the 7 we took from them, don't you?? Can't we just have some modicum of good luck sometime please?

My opinion is

1. We should not have had him back since his troubles

2. He is not a championship standard player and GTF is a far better player.

3. If he did walk out yesterday then again it shows he is a bad apple and we need rid, he is paid by Swfc and if we don't play him then tough, yes he may be upset be he still gets paid!!!!

Move on.

We are not blessed with goal scoring strikers at the moment, so the ones that get picked do so based on how hard they work for the team, and their overall attitude in training and on the pitch.

Those last remaining Madine supporters who say he isn't and hasn't been given an opportunity at this level have to realise that chances and long runs in the team are earned by working hard in training, and showing hunger when given pitch time.

Gary Madine should have a long career as a professional footballer. If I was him I would find a league 2 club where I would play every week and score a few goals, start from the bottom again. If this club is miles away from the idiots and bad influences that don't help him, then that's even better.

I don't like Madine, I was extremely disappointed when we handed him another contract. Prison should've been the end of his SWFC career imo.

However, this thread/allegation is totally unjustified. Completely unsubstantiated nonsense and a poorly fabricated opportunity for everyone to give him another kick for no reason other than they don't particularly like him.

I don't like Madine, I was extremely disappointed when we handed him another contract. Prison should've been the end of his SWFC career imo.

However, this thread/allegation is totally unjustified. Completely unsubstantiated nonsense and a poorly fabricated opportunity for everyone to give him another kick for no reason other than they don't particularly like him.

I don't think he's ever been handed another contract, his contract when he signed for us is one he's on now. 

I'd still like him to stay with us though maybe go out on loan for a month or two to boost his confidence.

Edit: just looked it up..... On 15 January 2011, Madine signed for Sheffield Wednesday, signing a four and a half year contract

Edited by bradowl

I don't think he's ever been handed another contract, his contract when he signed for us is one he's on now.

I'd still like him to stay with us though maybe go out on loan for a month or two to boost his confidence.

Edit: just looked it up..... On 15 January 2011, Madine signed for Sheffield Wednesday, signing a four and a half year contract

I suspect you are right. However the club never announced what happened to his contract while he was in prison. I hope we terminated it and handed him a new one upon release, because if we didn't that would mean we were paying him wages whilst he was in prison. Also, there were appearances payments due to Carlisle that we would (presumeably) wriggle out of if we had cancelled his contract.

Both of which would be a massive waste of money. I'm sure plenty of folk would be pretty angry to find out their season ticket renewal was being paid to a man in prison.

I'm no Madine lover, especially after he wedged a pal of mine for glancing in his direction and the subsequent stunts pulled to hush things up. He should not have had a second chance. The decision to bring him back cost the club money and is continuing to do so. Desperation to keep an investment in the same way that utd are clinging onto a possible asset.

I'm no Madine lover, especially after he wedged a pal of mine for glancing in his direction and the subsequent stunts pulled to hush things up. He should not have had a second chance. The decision to bring him back cost the club money and is continuing to do so. Desperation to keep an investment in the same way that utd are clinging onto a possible asset.

That's a pretty disgraceful comparison....lamping someone and raping someone are not even in the same galaxy in terms of a crime......apart from that United are clinging on to nothing....Evans is a free agent